PDA

View Full Version : Popular posts bit

Jamey
28-Sep-2004, 10:16
How does this work?

I thought the top thread was the one that had the most replies in the last 3 days?

I ask cos the "trickery zoo" thread has just popped into the top 5 and it's only had a few replies in the last few days.

I have a theory that what's happening is that it's finding all topics replied to in the last 3 days and then sorting by number of replies and taking the top 5.

However that's not the same thing as giving the threads that have had the most replies in the last 3 days, which would be more helpful. As what we've got at the moment just keeps the longest-running threads at the top. Not neccesarily the most popular.

Q-Target
28-Sep-2004, 10:23
Don't be dissin' the Zoo boyee!

However, fair point.

Brent Rivienne
28-Sep-2004, 10:26
[...] I have a theory that what's happening is that it's finding all topics replied to in the last 3 days and then sorting by number of replies and taking the top 5. [...]

That's pretty much exactly what I thought it was doing.

[...] However that's not the same thing as giving the threads that have had the most replies in the last 3 days, which would be more helpful. As what we've got at the moment just keeps the longest-running threads at the top. Not neccesarily the most popular. [...]

Agreed. The current system is... odd.

Q-Target
28-Sep-2004, 10:35
This issue has been passed on to the powers that be...more news as it comes in.

Jamey
28-Sep-2004, 11:43
Cheers Q.