trickery.net

trickery.net (http://www.trickery.net/vb/index.php)
-   News (http://www.trickery.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   PlayStation VR Starter Pack getting significant price drop (http://www.trickery.net/vb/showthread.php?t=64935)

GroovYF 28-Mar-2018 11:27

PlayStation VR Starter Pack getting significant price drop

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/files/2018/03/PSVR.jpg
From tomorrow, 29th March, the PSVR Starter Pack is dropping down to 259.99 (currently retailing around 350)
Quite a price drop that might see them get some more sales - I think I'll be in line to pick one up now.
For those who have been holding out, maybe now is the time...

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018...st-299-99-rrp/

Along with this good news comes further happiness, as a free PSVR update to the WipeOut Omega Collection is being made available today.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018...-is-out-today/

Scrobbs 28-Mar-2018 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by GroovYF (Post 1368732)
[
Along with this good news comes further happiness, as a free PSVR update to the WipeOut Omega Collection is being made available today.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018...-is-out-today/

Wat.

ReichSteadyCrew 28-Mar-2018 11:55

instant vomit simulator 2018

Minty 29-Mar-2018 08:32

Sorely tempted myself. As far as VR goes, Sony have been smashing it recently.

GroovYF 29-Mar-2018 09:11

Amazon still listing it as full price, so scored one from Smyths... going to collect at lunchtime - not sure how much work I'll get done for the rest of the day!
Already have two Move controllers from owning a PS3 too.

My install of WipeOut has updated...but doubt I'm going to go straight into that one!

Scrobbs 29-Mar-2018 09:16

There's a VR game for the PS where you play a mouse. It's supposed to be an incredible game. Also a horror game that's great too. I'm really tempted myself.

GroovYF 29-Mar-2018 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrobbs (Post 1368763)
There's a VR game for the PS where you play a mouse. It's supposed to be an incredible game. Also a horror game that's great too. I'm really tempted myself.

"Moss" is the mouse game...
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-money-can-buy

Isn't it Resi Evil 7 that's a hell of an experience in VR?

Harry Palmer 29-Mar-2018 10:14

Arizona Sunshine is a good zombie game, not tried the PSVR version though.

ReichSteadyCrew 29-Mar-2018 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by GroovYF (Post 1368764)
"Moss" is the mouse game...
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-money-can-buy

Isn't it Resi Evil 7 that's a hell of an experience in VR?

It got heavy praise from Giantbomb, I remember that much

Scrobbs 29-Mar-2018 21:29

It might be Res 7, but could have sworn it was another title. But yes, that is supposed to be pretty special.

No price drop on Amazon yet, but there's only 1 in stock showing, so maybe when that's gone...

GroovYF 29-Mar-2018 22:30

So, had some time with it this evening... Gran Turismo Sport, Driveclub VR, The Last Guardian VR demo. Can’t describe the immersiveness - has to be experienced, especially the scale of the animal, Trico, in TLG.
Trackmania Turbo... well, I need time with more tame VR experiences first!

Scrobbs 29-Mar-2018 23:58

Well it be v2 of the headset?

Also, the horror game that i was thinking of was The Inpatient.

Scrobbs 30-Mar-2018 07:46

Couldn't resist. Pick it up tomorrow.

GroovYF 30-Mar-2018 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrobbs (Post 1368789)
Couldn't resist. Pick it up tomorrow.

:D

It *is* the V2 headset.

Scrobbs 30-Mar-2018 09:09

Sweet. Cheers Groovy!

Blunteh 30-Mar-2018 09:36

Likewise :) picking one up from Argos later

Orange 30-Mar-2018 09:47

Gran Turismo reviews when you’re ready please!

Orange 30-Mar-2018 09:47

I assume this heavy discounting means there’s a V3 round the corner?

GroovYF 30-Mar-2018 09:57

GT VR is a great experience with the only downside being it’s you vs a single AI opponent (and not a particularly aggressive one).
Driving round Interlagos with such a VR cockpit view is pretty special though.
Image quality doesn’t match the onscreen gfx, but you soon forget about it.

Scrobbs 30-Mar-2018 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange (Post 1368794)
I assume this heavy discounting means there’s a V3 round the corner?

I think it was more about the new AR headsets improving and getting cheaper all the time. Heavily discounting 'full' VR was a good choice. Worked for me anyway, because weak minded consumer :). Long bank hol weekend in the UK has prolly helped too.

Clearly going to have to buy Res 7.

Scrobbs 30-Mar-2018 10:09

Eve Valkyrie is a tenner atm too.

GroovYF 30-Mar-2018 10:15

Dirt Rally VR, 16. Yep, I’ll have some of that!

Minty 30-Mar-2018 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrobbs (Post 1368797)
Eve Valkyrie is a tenner atm too.

Shite apparently.

Hamspoons 30-Mar-2018 10:51

Resident Evil 7 is definitely the fully rounded, complete game.

GNOG is a bright and colourful puzzler, Eagle Flight worked well, Thumper is always the best in any version. I think Last Guardian VR Demo is also a good 10 minute VR introduction with a giant BirdCatDog.

I do tend to wait for VR stuff to be on sale. It's great, but most do work more as enjoyable experiments instead. So stuff like Gran Turismo is a couple of cars and tracks as 1 on 1 only, instead of a complete VR game that you can sink hours into. I think Resident Evil 7 is the one that stands up as a AAA VR gaming experience.

GroovYF 30-Mar-2018 11:21

Polybius... Jeff Minter at his best! Wow, what an experience!

GroovYF 30-Mar-2018 12:49

I dared to try Wipeout... now *that* is a sensory assault! Great feeling to be sitting in the cockpit!! Had to give myself a break after 3 or 4 races.

Eurogamer’s take on it: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...-tech-analysis

Hamspoons 30-Mar-2018 13:37

Very much looking forward to trying Wipeout.

The only VR game that has given me any trouble so far is Doom. Could manage about 30 minutes before I'd need to stop.

Hamspoons 30-Mar-2018 13:50

Also for space battling, X-Wing VR Mission for SW:Battlefront 1 is a fun 20 minutes. Also CoD: Jackal Assault is surprisingly decent for a demo. Not full games, but still enjoyable.

Was very, very disappointed they didn't bring any VR into Battlefront 2.

For horror-on-rails shooter - Rush of Blood.

Scrobbs 30-Mar-2018 15:39

For vr?

Resident evil 7
Wipeout Omega
Ultrawings
Statik
Moss

Is what was recommended by a mate with one. Statik is a puzzly type one. Mate really enjoyed it.

cunning-stunt 30-Mar-2018 18:21

Love to see an updated version of the original Pilotwings in vr!

Scrobbs 31-Mar-2018 13:32

Had 2 mins with it, vut wipeout seems quite intense.

Blunteh 31-Mar-2018 18:23

Had a quick blast on GT VR and loved it. I guess the only VR content is through the VR tour section. Very immersive (even if the gfx make you feel like you're playing on a PS2).

GroovYF 31-Mar-2018 22:44

Rez Infinite is pretty epic. Getting lost in the gameplay and music... the missus has to speak loudly to ask me to stop tapping my foot (...in time with the tunes)!!

Intron 02-Apr-2018 10:10

Super Hot , but that is a given is great.
Drive Club VR is better than GT to be honest as the races are all in VR compared to a single AI in GT.
Doom VR is also a hell of a roller coaster ride of experiences it is quite good on the PSVR.
Race the Sun actually worked really nice in VR if a little pointless.
PSVR worlds is good for a pick up just to play the London Heist mode which is now having a new game all of its own based around the concept.
Rush of Blood is a good on rails shooter like time crisis but with zombies and a nightmare carnival of clowns..... the bit that got me was the spiders crawling over your face!!! FUCK THAT!
Battle zone is a nostalgia filled Tank fest i had good fun with that.
RIGS on the other hand is a Vomit Inducing shit fest i couldn't get any control setup that felt right and all it did was induce nausea.

Scrobbs 02-Apr-2018 12:02

I quite liked the asteroid one on vr worlds. Nearly made me fall over at one point leaping between them. Not tried heist yet. Ocean one is good too. Battlezone is quite good. Wipeout is pure intensity. Will leave off driveclub I think, as want to get RE7, Moss and Statik at some point.

Also like the fact you can have the tv on something else, so mrs can watch TV if she wants.

Scrobbs 05-Apr-2018 00:29

Holy fuck. Just discovered the vr comfort settings on wipeout. Turning them off (lock to pilot, vr view restrictions off) and it gets so much more. This is how wipeout was meant to be played! Looking above your head to see the track above you on a loop gives such a sense of freedom.

Scrobbs 08-Apr-2018 00:31

Dirt rally VR w/wheel and chair is pretty spesh. Still awful at it!

Belgarath 08-Apr-2018 02:44

Most racing games are next level in VR. Codemasters support is fairly shoddy though, considering they only make racing games.

GroovYF 08-Apr-2018 07:30

Dirt Rally is better that GT Sport and Driveclub VR in my opinion... crashed a few times gazing out of the window to take in the scenery!
The London Heist demo was fantastic, and I genuinely grinned like an idiot when I realised you can lean out of the window to look/shoot behind you.

aird 08-Jun-2018 17:04

Down to 199.99 for the next 2 weeks.
https://www.game.co.uk/en/playstatio...now-tv-2395682

Minty 08-Jun-2018 20:58

Yeah..... I mightve bought one with the move controllers. Superhot, gran turismo and wipe out here I come!

Scrobbs 08-Jun-2018 22:57

Wipeout in VR with all the comfort settings off is possibly the most intensive gaming experience I've ever had. You take the headset off after 20 minutes just to calm down before diving back in!

Minty 08-Jun-2018 23:29

Well other than the 3 games mentioned, are there any games that are must haves or just excellent experiences? Very tempted by Skyrim again. With the move controllers and using sword and shield myself? Oh aye.

Scrobbs 09-Jun-2018 06:25

Moss. Totally charming.

I've heard that Statik is very good, as is RE7.

Minty 09-Jun-2018 07:50

Oh shit I forgot about re7. I bet that's really hard to play for long.

Inertiaman 09-Jun-2018 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrobbs (Post 1371427)
Wipeout in VR with all the comfort settings off is possibly the most intensive gaming experience I've ever had. You take the headset off after 20 minutes just to calm down before diving back in!

STOP IT it's five hundred quid. Hnnnng.

GroovYF 09-Jun-2018 08:44

Rez Infinite for the experience. Massively engrossing.

Scrobbs 09-Jun-2018 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inertiaman (Post 1371437)
STOP IT it's five hundred quid. Hnnnng.

Ha. Well, I think, Matt, you work hard and you owe it to yourself to get the full fat antigrav racing experience. (It really is incredible. Assume better with the Pro).

Minty 11-Jun-2018 15:56

Ok so you werent kidding about Wipeout being intense Scrobbs. Holy fucking shit. I locked the view to the pilot and ended up feeling like I was on a roller coaster, in a boat, during a storm. Really immersive though!

Also tried the RE7 demo which was fucking horrifying.

GroovYF 11-Jun-2018 16:17

Have a laugh at London Heist from the demo stuff.

Trackmania Turbo is a little stomach-churning at times too!
If No Man’s Sky is your bag, there are vague rumours of VR support in the NEXT update coming in July.

Minty 11-Jun-2018 16:40

I do own No Mans Sky. Got told it was good now.... and well, it kinda isn't. It IS listed in the PSVR store though.

Just tried Until Dawn: Rush Of Blood. Holy shit! If you have the move controllers get it played, its fucking brilliant!

Minty 12-Jun-2018 11:52

Horrifying in VR. The bit with the characters approaching you is very jumpy as they REALLY lean in. The roller coaster sections also give a sensation of movement. You also have to move in your seat to avoid some obstacles. Forgive the random firing at the start, was adjusting my position and they're on a hair trigger :P

GroovYF 12-Jun-2018 12:42

FTS - Fuck That Shit @ 1:38!!! That would have me needing new underwear.

devs 12-Jun-2018 13:00

fuck that sort of game. the pigs screams would have shook me up!

Minty 12-Jun-2018 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by GroovYF (Post 1371592)
FTS - Fuck That Shit @ 1:38!!! That would have me needing new underwear.

Thats a really mild scare compared to some of them. There was one that nearly made me fall out of my chair :lol:

Inertiaman 16-Jun-2018 18:40

So...yeah. Immaculate PS4 Pro, PSVR, Pad, Two Move controllers and two games for 450 thanks to Cash Converters and someone who clearly doesn't know how to manage their finances...

GroovYF 16-Jun-2018 18:52

Good call! Bargain!

Scrobbs 16-Jun-2018 20:04

That is an incredible bargain. Plenty of spare cash to buy Wipeout. PSN name is this one <-

Inertiaman 16-Jun-2018 20:09

Yeah mullered some of that last night. Superb experience.

Minty 16-Jun-2018 20:43

Rush Of Blood has been my best VR experience so far. Got RE7 the other night and it's nowhere near as good as the aforementioned.

Inertiaman 16-Jun-2018 20:46

Some very funny user/viewer room games in that VR Playroom thing. Ghostbusters style one is comedy.

Minty 16-Jun-2018 20:47

Ive still got Gran Turismo and Superhot to give a go at some point.

Scrobbs 16-Jun-2018 21:10

GT is ok, bit only 1v1 in VR. Dirt Rally is better. Bought that twice, in fact. Once on PC.

GroovYF 16-Jun-2018 21:25

Yeah, Dirt Rally is ace.

Don’t forget to check out London Heist, Nersh... thats a blast!

Intron 18-Jun-2018 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minty (Post 1371833)
Rush Of Blood has been my best VR experience so far. Got RE7 the other night and it's nowhere near as good as the aforementioned.

Yeah Rush of Blood was good and it was a PS Plus Freebie so that was win win for a lot of people recently. RE7 was ok but i found it made me feel sick no matter how much i played with the settings something was ... wrong.... when she comes at you with a chainsaw was intense though.

I kinda wish Amnesia was VR now,

Megaton Rainfall is another one to take a look at if you like Being a super hero its not as smooth as on the PC but you can fly about and use your powers to stop aliens taking over the world and you can fly out the atmosphere into space and back again its kinda cool.

Surgeon Simulator in VR is way way way easier than it is with the normal clunky controllers and a good laugh if cheap its still surgeon simulator so if you have done it once its same over again.

Seeing a lot of positive reports of DIRT so ill pick that up especially since you guys rated it over Drive Club

Scrobbs 18-Jun-2018 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intron (Post 1371923)
Yeah Rush of Blood was good and it was a PS Plus Freebie so that was win win for a lot of people recently. RE7 was ok but i found it made me feel sick no matter how much i played with the settings something was ... wrong.... when she comes at you with a chainsaw was intense though.

I kinda wish Amnesia was VR now,

Megaton Rainfall is another one to take a look at if you like Being a super hero its not as smooth as on the PC but you can fly about and use your powers to stop aliens taking over the world and you can fly out the atmosphere into space and back again its kinda cool.

Surgeon Simulator in VR is way way way easier than it is with the normal clunky controllers and a good laugh if cheap its still surgeon simulator so if you have done it once its same over again.

Seeing a lot of positive reports of DIRT so ill pick that up especially since you guys rated it over Drive Club

173 hours on steam for me, plus bought it off psvr.

devs 18-Jun-2018 18:47

price drop again:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/son...direct-2961115

Hamspoons 18-Jun-2018 21:24

Reminder for Thumper in VR :)

Minty 06-Jul-2018 17:23

Skyrim VR on sale for 14.99. And yes, I did.

Harry Palmer 06-Jul-2018 19:24

Cool. I love it.