trickery.net

trickery.net (http://www.trickery.net/vb/index.php)
-   Discussion (http://www.trickery.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Cops in "Death Push" probe... (http://www.trickery.net/vb/showthread.php?t=52358)

Majestic 07-Apr-2009 22:37

Cops in "Death Push" probe...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7988828.stm

Quote:

A man who died during the G20 protest was pushed to the ground by a police officer, video footage has shown.

Ian Tomlinson, 47, collapsed from a heart attack during protests outside the Bank of England last Wednesday.

Newsagent Mr Tomlinson, who was not protesting, is seen receiving a two-handed push from a police officer.

A New York fund manager recorded the footage, saying he came forward with the video because Mr Tomlinson's family "were not getting any answers".
Oops. Although the guy could have been perhaps baiting the Police, that looks a little heavy handed. The footage was from the Guardian.

[edit] The video is in the link

Napoleon 07-Apr-2009 22:46

This kind of thing really boils my piss. But if they got away with de Menezes they'll get away with this.

Majestic 07-Apr-2009 22:58

The guy worked in a newsagents and was just heading home from work when curiosity got the better of him. So much for he was protesting all day which was originally reported..

The Big Kahuna 08-Apr-2009 07:16

I could be* wrong, but does it look to anyone else as though he was deliberately sauntering along in front of the coppers and being an awkward cocky cunt ?

Looks like suicide to me.

* probably am

Hot Soup 08-Apr-2009 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Big Kahuna (Post 1052753)
I could be* wrong, but does it look to anyone else as though he was deliberately sauntering along in front of the coppers and being an awkward cocky cunt ?

Yes

funkeh 08-Apr-2009 09:57

Quote:

Looks like suicide to me.

* probably am

I did get a hint of that tbh, surely if you were an innocent bystander you would walk quickly away from the police so as not to hinder them, rather than saunter slowly in front of them?
Still think the coppers were out of order though.

[n00b]Zippy 08-Apr-2009 10:49

If you're whisker away from a fatal heart attack, then I'd imagine he wouldn't be capable of walking quickly away

Nomad 08-Apr-2009 11:26

if you or i did that we'd be done for assault anyway, easy enough for someone to go down in that fashion and get a head injury, luckily he didn't.

unless footage is found showing him collapse and it not being the cause of a 2nd attack, i think the cops will get away with this due to the fact the two events, 'push, collapse, get up' and final collapse can not be deemed to be connected

Inertiaman 08-Apr-2009 11:59

Quote:

Maybe he was annoyed at the police for treating any kind of public demonstration as violent civil unrest.

Q-Target 08-Apr-2009 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inertiaman (Post 1052817)
Maybe he was annoyed at the police for treating any kind of public demonstration as violent civil unrest.

Which more often than not is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Inertiaman 08-Apr-2009 12:20

Thus justifying the next 7 million quid slab of overtime.

Inertiaman 08-Apr-2009 14:37

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7989027.stm

London police chief "concerned".

Lord Fondlemaid 08-Apr-2009 14:38

Since when was "sauntering" in a public place any kind of justification for a policeman to assault someone?

Maybe he was "sauntering" deliberately. Maybe he was trying to wind the coppers up.

If so, so fucking what... there's absolutely no reason for that fucking twat of a copper to have pushed him roughly to the ground.

mope 08-Apr-2009 14:44

I imagine his casual attitude towards riot police was down to him being a life-long Millwall fan.

The Big Kahuna 08-Apr-2009 15:26

Deliberately baiting coppers who have already and very obviously had a very bad day is, whilst not technically illegal, a VERY fucking stupid thing to do.

Lord Fondlemaid 08-Apr-2009 15:31

Yeah definitely worth dieing for eh?

And do we know he was baiting them for sure?

Wait.... WHO FUCKING CARES!???!!!

Having a bad day copper? Boo-hoo! Quit the force then, it's part of the the job and if the only way you can deal with it is by lashing out at members of the public who are facing away from you then you don't belong in uniform.

Napoleon 08-Apr-2009 15:37

Apparently eyewitnesses are saying that before this he attempted to walk through the cordon of police, on his way home from work, and he was thrown to the ground and struck with a baton while on the ground. This was him then walking away and obviously they thought they'd have another go at him. Hope the cunt gets done for manslaughter.

funkeh 08-Apr-2009 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Fondlemaid (Post 1052872)
Since when was "sauntering" in a public place any kind of justification for a policeman to assault someone?

Maybe he was "sauntering" deliberately. Maybe he was trying to wind the coppers up.

If so, so fucking what... there's absolutely no reason for that fucking twat of a copper to have pushed him roughly to the ground.

Never said it was, was just agreeing with Kahuna that he "may" have been sauntering.

Napoleon 08-Apr-2009 18:02

Apparently Channel 4 are showing more footage on the 7 o'clock news.

Swank 08-Apr-2009 18:22

They are appealing for more photographic/video footage, so they can arrest whoever sends it in for breaking the law !

Inertiaman 08-Apr-2009 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Big Kahuna (Post 1052898)
who have already and very obviously had a very bad day

???

mr_o 08-Apr-2009 18:36

Seems OTT altho I assume if this guy didn't have a dodgy heart and hadn't died we wouldn't have heard anything about this.

The Big Kahuna 08-Apr-2009 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inertiaman (Post 1052965)
???

Having to deal with a mob of fucking hippies who should stop breaking windows and fuck off back up their trees.

Inertiaman 08-Apr-2009 19:00

Oh I see you're trying to be funny.

Lord Fondlemaid 08-Apr-2009 20:11

Come on Niq, do you really think that's a valid statement?

The Big Kahuna 08-Apr-2009 20:44

Yes, I think the majority of protesters were there because it was a protest and they got to protest at stuff and congregate with a group of like-minded know-nothing hippy fuckwits and pat each other on the back every time one of them called a copper a "pig" or someone broke one of those nasty money grabbing windows that were the root cause of the current financial crisis.

And no, I really think they should fuck off back up their trees and protest about a bypass that will probably help increase access to industry and therefore increase productivity and therefore increase profitability and therefore decrease unemployment and therefore give me an opportunity to yet again over-simplify matters, but only slightly, whilst still being essentially correct.

Inertiaman 08-Apr-2009 20:52

Well that nicely demonstrates your complete lack of understanding of this situation.

Hamspoons 08-Apr-2009 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Big Kahuna (Post 1053014)
I think the majority of protesters were there because it was a protest and they got to protest at stuff and congregate with a group of like-minded know-nothing hippy fuckwits

Yes they were and there is nothing wrong with that.

Remember that story from a few months back, when they claimed 70 officers had been injured by protesters? Which later turned out to be sunstoke and insect bites? That's what always pops into my head now when I hear about "police having to deal with violent protest crowds"

The Big Kahuna 08-Apr-2009 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inertiaman (Post 1053016)
Well that nicely demonstrates your complete lack of understanding of this situation.

Thank you for putting me straight. I look forward to seeing you on Channel 4 news the next time they need an expert opinion.

Majestic 08-Apr-2009 21:57

PC Nasty comes forward.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7990423.stm