View Single Post
Old 08-May-2018, 22:05   #2085
Hot Soup
click here to reset post count
Tournaments Won: 1
Hot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond repute
I'll be gone in the dark by Michelle McNamara

An utterly magnificent piece of writing. I'd had it on the shelf for a few months having heard bits of the story about the hugely prolific offender who wasn't well know and apparently uncaught over the years and that tragically the author had died before finishing the book.

The arrest of the Golden State Killer suspect - but it's totally him - spurred me to read this next.

It was truly a fantastic read. Her style and prose is just so absorbing. Factual without being voyeuristic , detailed without being titillating or exploitative. Her accounts of the attacks chilling and at times rage inducing. The accounts of her search for answers and piecing together the facts are both warm and funny and obsessive.

She has a real knack for evoking those early 1970 sleepy Californian towns and suburbs and the paranoia and claustrophobia and madness this guys actions were causing.

It was such a gripping and absorbing read , I can't praise it enough and it's with a real sense of sadness , knowing there won't be any more work from her.

Absolutely mesmerising.

Why'd you open your bong hole you smelly hippy? You'd sacrifice a beautiful woman to save a moderately attractive monkey?

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Hot Soup is offline   Reply With Quote