View Single Post
Old 11-Mar-2010, 21:17   #12
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Palmer View Post
I have several instances of Win 7 running with no problem, even ones with infrequent access to the internet. I have just re-installed Win 7 on my home pc with no problem, and the Windows Virtual PC that I use to vpn to the office has just popped up the WGA notice and I have re-validated. do I care? no. do I care if it does it again? no. will I ever care? no. do I think they have a right to check? yes. Do I care? no.
Of course the validation itself is no inconvenience. Most seem to be annoyed by their personal computers being treated as wholly owned extensions of Microsoft/Adobe/Ubi/insert developer here. You say they have the right - but you seem to accept their intrusion only because it causes little inconvenience to you. Whilst the silly example in the OP of people busting your door down is too much, there is a case to be answered before, rather than after overreaching drm becomes inconvenient to you.