View Single Post
Old 20-Jun-2018, 15:12   #24170
BFH
Fixer of dead hard drives
BFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eja Cool8 View Post
Aye, I had that dubious pleasure at the Royal infirmary. All part of the wonders of PFI, including catering. Free TV up to noon, I think it was, but even then it was only channels 1-5. 9ish for 24hrs of that. Movie channel extra, but it was crap so didn't bother, ditto the sports channel. I was considering the latter, as the Six nations was kicking off, but the screen you get is only about 10", with a resolution about the same as a muddy car window, on an anglepoise mount, intended to sit right in front of your face, so I didn't bother.

No WiFi, the Hospital's shopping concourse was miles from my ward, so in my state I couldn't get there myself. Felt bad about asking for a porter to wheel me there and back, when all the staff were rushed off their feet so I consequently couldn't get anything to read, apart from what visitors brought.

At least, when I was re-admitted in May, to another hospital, they had a library trolley came round twice a week, bringing much-needed stimuli.

Welcome to the 21st century NHS. The Nurses don't even wear short skirts any more.
Said to the wife (and keep meaning to but haven't got round to it yet) to get a portable mini Freeview TV. That way, if either of us end up in there again, at least we can have access to Freeview the way it was intended.