View Single Post
Old 14-Jun-2016, 20:43   #38
Hamspoons
I love lamp
Hamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond repute
Decent appointment, but bit disappointed we basically stepped on another club to get him. Can see what we were looking for in a manager though, with Emery and Koeman being our main targets. They've both shown themselves as adaptive managers, who have changed up their game when they've needed to. Compared to the Martinez "philosophy" approach and a single style of play. I initially thought De Boer looked like a good fit, but apparently we didn't even contact him (despite his interest in the job). According to people who know Dutch football better than I, he's basically a Dutch Martinez. One style of play, well liked, unable to change. So, glad we're going with a fresh approach. If it was only up to Kenwright, I'm certain we would have just got Moyes back.

Will be interesting to see how the club changes now, having mostly being a club of austerity for the past 30 odd years. The 100m budget...yeah nice but have the lessons of Leicester been forgotten already? I don't want the expensive players, just the right players.

One thing that needs to come with that desire to play with the big names though...if we want to attract the them, we need to finally get our stadium sorted pronto. If he wants to spend all that money, spend it on getting a stadium on the North Dock waterfront, near the City Centre. It's the hardest option to sort out, but it's one that makes the biggest statement.