View Single Post
Old 08-Jan-2005, 19:45   #134
Hotel2Tango
my post count gets me dates
Hotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant future
'Newton's Wake' by Ken Macleod, Iain Bank's mate. This is no where near as political as all the other books I have read of his, so is probably more accessable. It is about similar themes to some of his Fall Revolution series: the danger of AIs and digitising humans. As soon as people get digitised and put into computers they obviously upgrade themselves, leading to exponential growth, AIs the same. Normal humans rapidly find themselves on the wrong end of the ant-human scenario.

A very good British author: I cant recommend him highly enough to all scifi fans who dont mind having to think and enjoy being spoken to as an adult. I often find myself writing down words and ideas and googling them later, and feel good when I get one of his obscure references (which are many and varied).

Last edited by Hotel2Tango; 08-Jan-2005 at 19:50.