View Single Post
Old 28-Mar-2018, 14:14   #13434
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
Bullet point summary of past two weeks:
  • Formally notified that I'm at risk of redundancy again
  • Meet the UK director of the US owner of the Australian software company that makes the system that I spend 50% of my working day managing and make it known that I might be looking for a new job soon
  • UK director of the US owner of the Australian software company that makes the system that I spend 50% of my working day managing suggests that they might be expanding their UK operations soon and suggests I join them
  • I email the guy the next day expressing an interest in joining said team
  • Within an hour, the UK director of the Australian software company adds me on LinkedIn
  • A few days later the CEO of the Australian company adds me on LinkedIn and messages me to say that the UK Director passed on my details and could he call me to talk about the role
  • He calls me this morning and seems to be talking in terms of a support role in the UK which would be made for me and would I be interested
  • He messages me two hours ago asking what my salary expectations are
  • I tell him what my expectations are
  • He says "I think we can do that, let me talk to the US budget holders and see what I can do"
  • I'm typing this with a fat old smile on my face