Thread: Advice please?
View Single Post
Old 01-Sep-2016, 12:56   #1
Lord Fondlemaid
Colossal Pervert
Lord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond repute
Advice please?

Hi all,

Been playing a lot of Elite: Dangerous on my MacBook Pro with Bootcamp.

I have to play at pretty low settings to get a decent frame rate so I was looking into buying a gaming PC again, something I haven't had for almost 15 years now, so you can imagine I'm not really very well informed as to what's good in terms of hardware etc.

I had a look at this pre-built PC from Chillblast:

https://www.chillblast.com/chillblas...ategory_id=412

This seems to be within budget and would do what I want, but I don't like the case and I'm wondering if it's overpriced for what it is? It also doesn't come with a keyboard / mouse / monitor which I'd need to get separately.

I used to build my own PCs back in the day and am not adverse to buying all the components individually and putting it together myself.

I just feel a bit out of my depth in terms of knowing what's good these days, though I'd prefer to stick to Intel / Nvidia I think.

Would appreciate your advice.

Cheers,
Dan.

"Who, or why, or which, or what... is the Akond of Swat?"

Last edited by Lord Fondlemaid; 01-Sep-2016 at 13:09.