trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Poetry & Creative Writing

Old 15-Jun-2009, 20:01   #1
geltoob
Banned
geltoob is on a distinguished road
contest about meeting people online

I saw a couple writing contests on this site: http://www.hivepals.com/ where you share funny horror stories about meeting people offline that you met online. I have a few good ones to share like the time I went to meet a guy just as a friend cuz I was new in the area - and he turned out to be a cult leader auditioning followers. He took me to the Hare Krishna temple for charity food. He kept looking at me funny and when I asked him why he was looking down so much he said he was trying to see if I had good birthing hips because he needed to repopulate the world. Maybe at least I can win something for my trouble...

Got any good stories?
Old 15-Jun-2009, 22:20   #2
DoZ
bandwidth bill in the post
DoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond repute
I met a cser down in Cornwall because we had a mutual friend. He was an inquisitive soul so I thought I'd introduce him to some conspiracy theories for light reading. This was about 7 years ago now. A few months back after a long, long silence, I get a zip from him and the email with it just said "the password is the name of the site where we first spoke".

I think this is a bit weird but I have a guess and get it first time, there's a word document inside. I start reading it and he's talking about how the NWO are working to create a prison planet where they control the global economy and all the money. He's telling me that there'll be bodies of the innocent piled as high as the sky and that the only things I can do to help myself are to start buying gold and silver, gather up a year's supply of tinned food, learn to grow fresh food hydroponically and so on.

I thought that, perhaps,it was a joke, but no, he furnishes me with links on how corrupt the UN is and no end of "evidence" that it's all true. He lives in constant worry, especially with the recession, ever linking me to new pieces of proof, new videos that've been put up on youtube. Forever asking me to read up on masonic symbology and forever seeing those symbols everywhere. When you're looking for squares, circles and triangles and see it in architecture the world over it's pretty easy to see conspiracy.

The bad part is that I feel responsible, it was me who introduced him to conspiracy theories and now they dominate his life. I told him as much and he said that I had just awoken him and shown him the way...
Old 17-Jun-2009, 16:33   #3
geltoob
Banned
geltoob is on a distinguished road
Well, pat yourself on the back - it sounds like he had an addictive/obsessive personality anyway - and seems to me that conspiracy theories are far less dangerous than, say, crack cocaine.

Saw this on the HivePals site, sort of takes the cake re: stories: http://www.hivepals.com/patvideo.html
Old 17-Jun-2009, 16:58   #4
Heartwork
Hamish McJewstein
Heartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond repute
i met q-target and watched him eat
Old 17-Jun-2009, 17:28   #5
Onions
it's still christmas
Onions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond repute
so do you have good birthing hips?

"As much as onions is a giant ginger bag of mashed twats who doesn't technically constitute one whole human due to his massive lack of self esteem, bad face, and the fact he hails from scotland (the small s is intentional to indicate the insignificance of the place), he does make a valid point!"

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Poetry & Creative Writing