trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games Extra > Racing Games

Old 04-Mar-2012, 18:04   #1
Homer-Simpson
reads your posts
Homer-Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeHomer-Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeHomer-Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeHomer-Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeHomer-Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeHomer-Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeHomer-Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeHomer-Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeHomer-Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeHomer-Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeHomer-Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Forza Horizon?

Potentially the new Forza game? No confirmation yet but Microsoft has already registered www.forzamotorsporthorizon.com!

Will be interesting to see if it is a TDU style Forza game
Old 05-Mar-2012, 10:32   #2
BBW
Contains flashing images.
Tournaments Won: 1
BBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond repute
Except that TDU was crap :/ So was Burnout Paradise. I just think driving games need structure. Free roaming just leads to boredom.
Old 05-Mar-2012, 17:52   #3
mAF
you have marked user as read
mAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond repute
I'm with you on TDU but I really liked Paradise it was one of those pick up and play games if you only had little time for a quick game.But a free roaming sim no thank you.
Send a message via MSN to mAF  ukmattyd   DADDYDAVIES XD 
Old 05-Mar-2012, 19:23   #4
Homer-Simpson
reads your posts
Homer-Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeHomer-Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeHomer-Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeHomer-Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeHomer-Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeHomer-Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeHomer-Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeHomer-Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeHomer-Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeHomer-Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeHomer-Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Microsoft France is on the roll this weekend! First we had the leaked teaser “trailer” for Forza Horizon, then this morning Microsoft confirmed that the trailer is real, and we’ll receive more information. Well, Microsoft has another Forza-related announcement for you today! Fans of Forza Motorsport will be happy to know that Forza Motorsport 5 will be coming in 2013 as stated by Sebull of Microsoft France. Sebull has also elaborated upon something that fans may have wondered. The recently unveiled Forza Horizon is and Forza Motorsport are “two different games” that are split between two development teams; Playground and Turn10 respectively. Motorsport will remain on an “every-two-years release schedule” as it has since the beginning of the franchise.
By handing the development of Horizon to Playground–a developer composed of talents from a range of studios: TOCA, GRID, Codemasters–it seems that Microsoft aims to have a new Forza title released every year, without making the sacrifices that are commonly seen in yearly franchises handled by one developer. In regards to the Horizon “trailer”, Sebull reassured fans that “this is not a game trailer” but instead a “simple video showing the FH universe and there is not much to see.”
Microsoft’s handling of the Forza franchise has been quite smart thus far. Providing fans with a game every year, while still retaining the quality that Forza is known for will prove to be great for longtime fans of the series that might have been worried about Forza’s yearly status. Horizon will be officially unveiled tomorrow during GDC 2012, until then, game one!
Old 05-Mar-2012, 21:19   #5
T-Bag
please find me real friends
T-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond repute
There was something I always really liked about TDU. All of the parts were sort of a bit shit but as a whole I loved it. I think it was because the roads were done from an actual island so something felt a bit more real about it. It's pretty much the only open world driving game I actually enjoyed cruising about in! I used to love driving round in my Jaguar XJ220, driving on the correct side of the road and pulling some overtaking moves on traffic. Never got round to trying the sequel though.

Not really sure how an open world game would work if it's using the realistic Forza style handling etc? Sim traffic Jam? Mirror signal manoeuvre
Send a message via MSN to T-Bag  Bag-T   BagT 
Old 05-Mar-2012, 21:59   #6
Minty
Stick 'im wiv a blayde!
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBW View Post
Except that TDU was crap :/ So was Burnout Paradise. I just think driving games need structure. Free roaming just leads to boredom.
TDU was a decent idea, but half the game seemed to revolve around making your avatar pretty. I couldnt give the slightest fuck about my avatar, I just wanna race.

Oh and too many long, straight roads.
Old 11-Oct-2012, 00:07   #7
neo-Cranks
poster of the month
neo-Cranks has a reputation beyond reputeneo-Cranks has a reputation beyond reputeneo-Cranks has a reputation beyond reputeneo-Cranks has a reputation beyond reputeneo-Cranks has a reputation beyond reputeneo-Cranks has a reputation beyond reputeneo-Cranks has a reputation beyond reputeneo-Cranks has a reputation beyond reputeneo-Cranks has a reputation beyond reputeneo-Cranks has a reputation beyond reputeneo-Cranks has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone tried the demo?

It's "Forza-SSX-Dirt-NFS"...not a bad game on the face of it but not really what we have come to expect from Forza.
Old 15-Dec-2012, 16:39   #8
T-Bag
T-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond repute
I've played this a fair bit now and i'm not sure if it is actually any good...

I love Forza and I love NFS/Burnout style games too so I was hoping this would sort of be the best of both, but it's not... The realism of Forza is completely lost and it just feels any other generic racing game. Without any damage mechanic you can just slam into every wall/car without any consequence and without really losing any speed either. The customisation of aids is annoying with only traction control and not having stability control separate.

So you don't get the adrenaline fueled races like you get in NFS/Burnout type games but you also don't get the enjoyment of realism that you have in the Forza titles! The actual world is pretty stale and empty too although it does look quite good. Even the old NFS:MW from 2005 was probably a more interesting and varied world than this, albeit it a completely different setting. I'm not even going to mention how it is trying to be cool and hip as pretty much every open world racing game has this for some bizarre reason.

I'm surprised this has reviewed so well because it's actually not that good a game. I'll play it through as I love most racing games but this wouldn't even be in my top 10.

Last edited by T-Bag; 15-Dec-2012 at 16:42.
Old 16-Dec-2012, 11:46   #9
Wilco
postaholic
Wilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond repute
For another point of view, I really enjoy it, and think it combines the best of both worlds.

While the lack of tuning and simpler aids belies a loss of fidelity in the physics engine, the cars still drive "realistically" (I've never tried driving an old mini on cobbled streets while trail-braking for a hump-back bridge, but it seems realistic). The mere fact that you CAN turn the aids off sets it apart from other open-world racers for me. That and the fact that drifting is not a intrinsic method for cornering.

The cosmetic damage for hitting a wall means that its not as race-ending as in real life, but then you need that to give you a chance to overtake off the road, and quite frankly to allow you to race over non-racetrack surfaces. Most of the kerbs and surfaces you can ride over would shatter the suspension of a real race-tuned car. This means that you can bash your way past cars and use walls for a speed gain. I find this quite hard, because I'm not trying to do it. You'd have to practice to make it useful.

By contrast if you attempt to drive realistically, overtake under braking, keep away from the walls, its a lot of fun. The aformentioned race against the minis took me a lot of practice, working out where I could put my car, what surface allowed good braking to carry the speed through the corners. Right now I'm trying to coax my DS3 around another tight street circuit, which is very much like Forza Motorsport, but then I can go and try a street race dodging oncoming cars and bullying other races around which is a great thrill. Plus some of it is having a race through great scenery, much like the fictional Swiss Alpine circuit they added to FM4.

It's a LONG way from NFS etc, it's far more Forza Motorsport on real roads.

IMHO.
Originally Posted by Big Brother Idiot #164
I'm not saying I'm shallow or anything, but I wouldn't bother talking to an ugly person
Old 02-Jan-2013, 11:58   #10
[RaG]Ethel
Alfa Male
[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute
I'm loving it ... when I can snatch 30mins on the xbox to play it. Like most racing games it plays slightly differently with wheel and pedals but hooning round getting old skool kudos is fab.

The rivals bit is very well done and I keep being offered to beat tehSpookeh
Old 02-Jan-2013, 11:59   #11
[RaG]Ethel
Alfa Male
[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute
and do we have a trickery Car club ??
Old 02-Jan-2013, 15:15   #12
ReichSteadyCrew
Vagina Enchanter
ReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond repute
I think i set one up, but i havent been on it since i finished it
Send a message via MSN to ReichSteadyCrew  Thersc   ReichSteadyCrew 
Old 02-Jan-2013, 15:25   #13
[RaG]Ethel
Alfa Male
Oh yeah, you're the other one it keeps wanting me to beat (other than my youngest)
Old 02-Jan-2013, 15:32   #14
Orange
can post will post
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Is it a 30 min pick up and play kind of game then?
Old 02-Jan-2013, 15:41   #15
ReichSteadyCrew
Vagina Enchanter
ReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond repute
very much so
Send a message via MSN to ReichSteadyCrew  Thersc   ReichSteadyCrew 
Old 02-Jan-2013, 18:41   #16
Bad-Co
Large Member
Bad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
Is it a 30 min pick up and play kind of game then?
Yea, I picked it up. Played for 30 minutes and never picked it up again...
Old 02-Jan-2013, 19:24   #17
T-Bag
Yeah its easy to play in short bursts, there are only about 5 races in the whole game which last more than 4-5 minutes, which is probably for the best with the rubber banding AI.

I'm putting mine on eBay tomorrow, unless anyone wants it on here before. 20 quid inc posting looks to be about the going rate.
Old 02-Jan-2013, 19:49   #18
T3CH^
Too old for this shit
T3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like I made the right choice getting NFS Most Wanted then, going by the opinions in here.

Where else could you jump a Veyron GSV over a suspension bridge at 248 miles an hour

R.I.P. CITY OF HEROES

'Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps.........it is time to die'

pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ ɥʇıʍ ʇɐɥʇ ƃuıop noʎ ǝɹɐ ʎɥʍ
 x_Kryptman_x   T3CHguyver 

Go Back   trickery.net > Games Extra > Racing Games