trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Technical > Internet Connection & Networking

Old 18-Mar-2006, 17:05   #1
xhaust
will post for food
xhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond repute
Setting up a Wireless ADSL router

Hey, got a wireless ADSL router thing about a year ago to link my PC (the internet PC) with my dads PC in his office but we could never get it to work so we eventually gave up on it, now we've just got a Laptop with wireless in it and were gonna have a second attempt at getting it to work.

The Wireless is a Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless-G Router, Model #F5D7632-4

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...s_Routers.html (Third one Down)

My understanding is that the ADSL Modem/Router thingie should be treated as a sepperate entity so i should plug it into the ADSL line and it should connect itself to the internet (somehow), and my PC connects itself to the router? I could be wrong. If anyone has a setup similar to this or the same one thats up and running any advice to set the network up would be greatly apreciated!

Thanks!

X
Old 18-Mar-2006, 17:16   #2
Useless
forum hax
Useless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond repute
the router connects to the phone line and the pc connects to the router via an rj45 lead. Once the router is setup you don't need the lead
Old 18-Mar-2006, 17:32   #3
Cam
each time i post god kills a kitten
Cam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond repute
i had that same router and never ever got it to connect wirelessly ,got it Rmad the other week and they gave me a different model and connecting to it was flawless ,give them a phone if there still doing it they will jsut send out a replacement without even needing the old one back

Go Back   trickery.net > Technical > Internet Connection & Networking