trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Old 08-Dec-2017, 17:53   #3331
The Big Kahuna
Younger than Ethel
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
Was there sufficient reason to suspect this might be a Vegas shooting copycat? If so, that would go a long way toward mitigating the copper's behaviour.
Old 08-Dec-2017, 18:10   #3332
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
It was a year or more ago. And Harry, you know there is nothing whatsoever illegal about owning, transporting or carrying a gun in that state right? Not that I don't support fully responsible gun usage but it seems a bit disjointed to go apeshit swat mode every tike you see one.

Last edited by Inertiaman; 08-Dec-2017 at 18:13.
Old 08-Dec-2017, 18:23   #3333
Harry Palmer
Gun nut
Harry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond repute
Yes I know, I did check, but there is nothing that says you can point a gun out of a window.. I have shotguns, Airsoft weapons an a bunch of knives, but here in Yorkshire I wouldn't stand in front of my window with any of them, never mind point them out of the window.

I know this is a wikipedia quote but "The law does not expressly require openly carried weapons to be in a holster, case or scabbard; however, the open carrying of weapons not in a holster, case or scabbard while on foot in a populated area could be construed as reckless display or, if others feel threatened by such, even assault with a deadly weapon."

I'd still call that a clear justified shooting.

Reminder: "Do not look into laser with remaining good eye."
 Lupins 
Old 08-Dec-2017, 20:20   #3334
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Yes with you. But we're not talking about England are we. We're talking about an open carry state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Arizona

For the second time, no disagreement on what sensible gun ownership means to me and you. I only marvel and despair at the ever lowering standard of threat definition that the US police seem to be able to work down to. It's terrifying and unarguably costs hundreds of absolutely innocent people their lives. Horrible.

As for that officer - completely personal opinion - the suspect was a long way past his reckless display and had explained the actions, the situation had entirely solved itself. The officer was looking for a reason to kill and took the first one offered however slight. That isn't law.
Old 08-Dec-2017, 21:53   #3335
Sh0cked
founder of the +1 forum
Sh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond repute
I find it quite ludicrous that you consider that a clean shooting Harry to be perfectly fucking honest.
 sh0ck3d 
Old 08-Dec-2017, 22:28   #3336
andy
aka milk!
andy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond repute
All I can think is thank goodness I don't have to do that officer's job.
Old 08-Dec-2017, 23:34   #3337
Harry Palmer
Gun nut
Harry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond repute
You are quoting the same page I did already.

I don't agree with your opinion at all, explanation be damned, they had no reason to believe there was no one else in that room, which was why they were trying to clear him from it before entering - this is obvious from the video as he doesn't even look down at the guy he shot both proceeds directly to the room door with the other officer.

That was in my opinion a true act of professionalism in getting the job done. They responded to a gun being pointed out of a window, and the guy did get the bad end of it - no, he didn't deserve to die, but he made it very easy to happen.

Lupins 
Old 08-Dec-2017, 23:35   #3338
Harry Palmer
Gun nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0cked View Post
I find it quite ludicrous that you consider that a clean shooting Harry to be perfectly fucking honest.
Why?

Lupins 
Old 09-Dec-2017, 00:18   #3339
The Big Kahuna
Younger than Ethel
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
Because that shouldn't be all it takes to have the rest of your life taken away from you and your family.
Old 09-Dec-2017, 15:14   #3340
andy
aka milk!
andy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond repute
I'd be interested in hearing what armed officers think of this video in the context of their work.
Old 13-Dec-2017, 17:35   #3341
leady
lock my threads
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
I'm with Harry, if after being warned you reach down you move your hands down to your waist in front of armed police, you are getting shot. Doesn't mean its justified etc, but its happening with a decent probability in a scenario like that

It happens in the UK too

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...somerset-named
Old 13-Dec-2017, 17:40   #3342
stepper
10 post reply 20 goto 10
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
Except that guy actually had a weapon on him and had been waving it around.

The American shooting was an execution, nothing more.
"I'm not getting out of bed until I get fucked!" - Marcus Antonius, 31 BC
Old 13-Dec-2017, 18:43   #3343
leady
lock my threads
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
You say that, but its not confirmed as of the last reports and there is no reference to the suspects actions. If you think they waited for him to turn and point an object towards them, which they identified as a gun, then fired ... well I don't think we will ever see the footage to know. But given the reports imply he was still in his car at the time and surrounded by cops
Old 13-Dec-2017, 19:11   #3344
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute
I do find it hard to find many similarities between the way UK armed police act and the way US ones do.
Old 13-Dec-2017, 20:33   #3345
Inertiaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by leady View Post
I'm with Harry, if after being warned you reach down you move your hands down to your waist in front of armed police, you are getting shot.
To be specific, lethally shot five times, with a powerfully chambered military grade rifle with "you're fucked" scratched on it, in five separate locations between the waist and neck.
Old 13-Dec-2017, 22:32   #3346
Harry Palmer
Gun nut
One shot, five shots... I think they were all potentially lethal shots.When you shoot at someone, you don’t aim to wound, that leaves you and your colleagues exposed. If you decide to shoot, then you commit to probably ending someone’s life... I think they did it professionally for the reasons I previously stated. The “you’ fucked “ thing is just childish bravado, and does not look professional I admit, but I wouldn’t consider it indicative of anything.

Lupins 
Old 13-Dec-2017, 22:38   #3347
The Big Kahuna
Younger than Ethel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Palmer View Post
I wouldn’t consider it indicative of anything.
To be fair, I think you'll find most people would consider it indicative of the fact that he's in all likelyhood an immature and aggressive little cunt, who was itching to shoot someone.
Old 13-Dec-2017, 22:39   #3348
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute
Surely, though, if you're his supervisor and he has a weapon with that scratched on it, would you not raise an eyebrow?
Old 13-Dec-2017, 22:51   #3349
The Big Kahuna
Younger than Ethel
In any armed response team in the UK, that would be grounds for instant suspension, and would probably result in that copper never carrying a firearm again.

Then again, I've seen video of American police that are so fat they can't actually run after a suspect. At least they're consistent. They seem to consider mental and physical health to be equally unimportant in an officer.
Old 13-Dec-2017, 23:12   #3350
Wilco
will post for food
Wilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond repute
The scratching on the weapon is to me very unprofessional, but I bet you get that in the SAS, that could be part of the looser rules you have when you want to have a bunch of guys to ready to run into a hail of bullets and be willing to die for civilians.

I believe (cant't quote a source) officers are trained to be aggressive to try an ensure compliance, but that never looks good on a video.

After the fact, with knowledge that the room is empty and the man doesn't have a gun, its hard to see it as a justifiable homicide. However if that video ends with an arm reaching out the room door holding an automatic rifle and gunning down 2 police officers, then its a different story.

Does he deserve to die? No, he doesn't, but it's not just his actions, its the context of the situation. Should officers be allowed to engage a suspect who is not co-operating with them in an environment where there are known firearms being used in a reckless way? Maybe not in the UK, and I would be proud of that stance, but I don't think its ludicrous. (I haven't read the background of the video beyond this thread).
Originally Posted by Big Brother Idiot #164
I'm not saying I'm shallow or anything, but I wouldn't bother talking to an ugly person
Old 13-Dec-2017, 23:45   #3351
Inertiaman
Background: Someone phoned up and said they saw a gun. Police broke out the assault rifles chambered for .308 and shot a drunk guy five times in the back whilst he crawled along a corridor.
Old 14-Dec-2017, 00:23   #3352
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
I'm not sure you can compare the police with the military.
Old 14-Dec-2017, 07:00   #3353
The Big Kahuna
Younger than Ethel
Quote:
Originally Posted by [n00b]Zippy View Post
I'm not sure you can compare the police with the military.
Some people think you can:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5557976/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Old 19-Dec-2017, 23:33   #3354
stepper
10 post reply 20 goto 10
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-42411108

Cunt.
"I'm not getting out of bed until I get fucked!" - Marcus Antonius, 31 BC
Old 20-Dec-2017, 20:15   #3355
Inertiaman
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42431171

Quote:
The same Met Police officer had worked on both men's cases. He remains on full duty.
The fucking psycho. I mean what, you watch some teenager that you know is innocent go through two years of living hell facing jail and the complete ruination of his life and you know he's innocent but you hide it for a result? And you do that more than once? Jail the bastard.
Old 20-Dec-2017, 22:07   #3356
The Big Kahuna
Younger than Ethel
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-42431095

Oh look, it's that bloke again.

It says something when you're not sure if this qualifies for the cuntiest thing he's done so far.
Old 21-Dec-2017, 06:35   #3357
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
Even now, new details emerge about what a gigantically colossal cunt of world history Stalin was. As if it was possible. But he finds a way!

https://www.newstatesman.com/culture...mpression=true

Current leadership also try to call it 'fake history', so fuck them too.

Remember being in the Ukraine when I was a teenager, this fellow heard me taking about 'the Russian language'. Was harangued, 'Oo-cry-eena!' and accepted it as me being culturally insensitive; and it's only as I get older and discover more history exactly how deep that man's feelings might have run.

Last edited by Scrobbs; 21-Dec-2017 at 06:40.
Old 23-Dec-2017, 10:20   #3358
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
To no-one's surprise, Ajit Pai is a lying snake. https://motherboard.vice.com/amp/en_...general-report
Old 03-Jan-2018, 19:50   #3359
Fulmineus
karma killer
Fulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-admits-thefts

Say NO! to capital t Sponsored by AQA
Old 03-Jan-2018, 21:08   #3360
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Windsor Conservative council leader calls for removal of homeless before royal wedding.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...royal-wedding?
cunning-stunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Tags
belgian peashooters, goosecunt0r