trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Old 06-May-2008, 16:27   #121
Jamey
The swagger of a cripple
Jamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond repute
Makes a change from the perpetual "OMG RLJ" arguments that cyclists have ad nauseum.
Old 06-May-2008, 21:03   #122
Mr Carrot
Posting tits since 1984
Mr Carrot has a reputation beyond reputeMr Carrot has a reputation beyond reputeMr Carrot has a reputation beyond reputeMr Carrot has a reputation beyond reputeMr Carrot has a reputation beyond reputeMr Carrot has a reputation beyond reputeMr Carrot has a reputation beyond reputeMr Carrot has a reputation beyond reputeMr Carrot has a reputation beyond reputeMr Carrot has a reputation beyond reputeMr Carrot has a reputation beyond repute
Couldnt the government make its own brand/select a prefered brand of folders and then install a special overhead slotting system for these things under the parcel shelves?

And charge anyone on the train who does not stow his bike in the space provided an extra ticket?
Old 06-May-2008, 21:38   #123
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah wonderful. Use a bike to escape the congestion charge, and a shit folding one at that, only to get fucked over for another ticket every day because fucking railtrack got rid of the carriages designed specifically for goods and bikes because they weren't generating enough income to bail the useless fat cunts out of the latest corporate manslaughter court case. gg.
Old 06-May-2008, 23:12   #124
Mr Carrot
Posting tits since 1984
Mr Carrot has a reputation beyond reputeMr Carrot has a reputation beyond reputeMr Carrot has a reputation beyond reputeMr Carrot has a reputation beyond reputeMr Carrot has a reputation beyond reputeMr Carrot has a reputation beyond reputeMr Carrot has a reputation beyond reputeMr Carrot has a reputation beyond reputeMr Carrot has a reputation beyond reputeMr Carrot has a reputation beyond reputeMr Carrot has a reputation beyond repute
sorry was just trying to suggest a solution to the problem of overcrowding due to bikes in the carriage.

I thought the lugguage/bike carriage was dropped because time and motion studies showed that it was fucking the timetables up people like to scream corporate fat cats etc. but if it comes out that backlog of concentrating bikes then putting them into one entry point causes all mother of fuck ups for everyone not on a bike and the rest of the mornings commute.
Old 06-May-2008, 23:21   #125
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Or, to think slightly beyond the 0716 to victoria, perhaps if the infrastructure could support more frequent, more copious trains at peak times and mainline train services were supported by a city buslane using highway bus system a la Japan serving commuter stations then we wouldn't have such desperate overcrowding on our 50%-higher-cost-than-the-global-average public transport systems?
Old 06-May-2008, 23:22   #126
Inertiaman
And that first reply wasn't meant to be as harsh as it comes across on a reread. Adjust intonation on my behalf please.
Old 07-May-2008, 00:17   #127
Mr Carrot
Posting tits since 1984
Well they are switching to hub travel finally for connex south east with the new ashford high speed link (two years late)....

but i fully agree it is utter shit for the money we pay. Guard carriage return + plus a chap to marshall bikes/riders on the platforms at peak times may be a low tech solution to the prob?

n.p.s old bean

Last edited by Mr Carrot; 07-May-2008 at 00:22.
Old 07-May-2008, 00:26   #128
Inertiaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrot View Post
solution
I'm sure it's not as simple as it looks but that seems to be a four letter word if you run trains.
Old 05-Jun-2008, 22:55   #129
Captain Kirk
bandwidth bill in the post
Captain Kirk Captain Kirk Captain Kirk Captain Kirk Captain Kirk Captain Kirk Captain Kirk Captain Kirk Captain Kirk Captain Kirk Captain Kirk
Just watched the ITV news at ten. They were running a report on our wonderful goverments new plans to tackle knife crime, by reducing the minimum age at which they will prosecute for being in possesion of a knife to 16 etc etc. Which is fair enough but I seriously doubt any brain dead chav scumbag is even going to give it a second though that on his 16th birthday, he best stop carrying the blade about (that he's no doubt been carrying for the best part of two years miniumum !), lest he will be prosecuted if PC Plod finds him carrying it about his person.

Anyways, so during the report they interview some random solicitor who comes out with the biggest load of liberal left wing shite that I've heard for a good long time. He basically is worried that by reducing the age to 16, we'll be drawing people (read cunts) into the judicial whose futures will be put at risk becasue they'll now have a criminal record and that this might affect thier future employment hopes and also thier chances of going to university etc etc ! What about the poor fucker who eventually gets stuck by little jonny scumbag, what of his chances of going to university, what of his chances of gaining future employment? It's an instant Kirk piss boiler im afriad

I mean ffs, it's cunts like this tosser (solicitor guy, who no doubt lives in some affluent suburb and whose life is largley unffected by the growing knife crime that pollutes a lot of inner city estates) and thier liberal attitudes to the poor_little_knife_carrying scumbag that are letting and helping these little bastards walk out of court almost scott free ! Just because it's your first time caught with a weapon and you happen to be 16, you should in no way be entitled to any form of leniency !

These left wing liberal fuckers should be forced to live on a inner city estate, try living with the possible daily intimidation that gangs of chav scumbags can provoke in you. Then come back and defend these cunts in courts when they get caught carrying a weapon, surely anybody with an ounce of common sense knows that they should be prosectued with the full backing of the law. I just dont know what goes round in some peoples heads some days :/

Kirk out

"I'm gunna ride that cocksucker like a motherfucker !"

Last edited by Captain Kirk; 06-Jun-2008 at 00:44. Reason: ranting affects my already dodgy grammer :o
Old 06-Jun-2008, 00:06   #130
Sh0cked
founder of the +1 forum
Sh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond repute
Whilst I agree with what your saying Kirk I saw the same report and I do think that maybe in some respect the Solicitor had a valid argument. What I mean is that I don't think this kind of threat is going to help with the knife crime issue.

On a side note I wouldnt put it past this government to bring in some kind of KSBO or something that would just act as a medal to these chavs.
 sh0ck3d 
Old 06-Jun-2008, 00:42   #131
Captain Kirk
Captain Kirk Captain Kirk Captain Kirk Captain Kirk Captain Kirk Captain Kirk Captain Kirk Captain Kirk Captain Kirk Captain Kirk Captain Kirk
Andy, my point of view on it is this.

'If you're intelligent enough in the first instance to have the potenial to go to university/go down a good career path, then you wont be carrying the frigging knife in the first place ! You can't have grey area's on this subject, your either tooled up to stab some fucker or you're not. Wether it be in self defence or otherwise, it's now against the law. You pick up the knife and you've made your choice imho. No second chances because sadly, the victims of these attacks rarely get that option.

Kirk out

Old 06-Jun-2008, 01:03   #132
NWA
Fish Schnapps
NWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond repute
And stricter post Dunblane gun laws have done wonders for guncrime........

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryBaby
If Rooney kicks a ball at the World Cup then I will eat my underpants
Send a message via ICQ to NWA Send a message via MSN to NWA
Old 06-Jun-2008, 02:23   #133
Mr Carrot
Posting tits since 1984
Kirk no offence but the line i have seen banded around all day is that 'if you carry a knife you are more likely to be a victim of knife crime!'

Which is all total shite, how many of the people stabbed to death in the last month were carrying a knife? I will give you a hint, none. Fuck dunblane. Fuck new knife legislation it will achieve jack shite. The introduction of a concield carry weapons license and hand guns will have a direct impact on crime like it has in over 15 states within the US. Some cunt is not going to rob you if you are middle class and can afford a CCW and therefore might shoot him in the face.

Dear boy please, please read something on how government and society works before you end up as mentally handicapped as Jaqui SMiith and Gordo Brown who have read nothing else excpet the how to make 1984 real handbook*

*This is actually quite cruel, Gordon Brown's university reading list actually has some element of free choice on it, pity they were written by trotsky and Rosseau, so fucking out of date for modern government. His free market element started and ended at Boothe which is UTTER suicide for a fucking CoEx. What the fuck where labour thinking in 1992?

Last edited by Mr Carrot; 06-Jun-2008 at 02:32.
Old 06-Jun-2008, 18:47   #134
Captain Kirk
Non taken Mr Carrot, not really sure were you are going with the above post tbh

I'll glady read anything you point me in the direction of regarding how goverment and society works but I really don't see how it would be relevant to my little rant up there.

All I was saying is that the kind of cretin that usually carries a knife around, isn't usually the sort of person whose going to overly worried that it's going to impact on the chances of him going to university. Which is why I thought that the solicitor who featured in that news report was talking out of his backside ! If you carry a knife, whatever your reasons maybe then you deserve to be prosecuted, wether you are 16 or 60 matters not a jot.

I actually agree with you that the all the recent legisaltion will achieve bugger all. Chavs will carry knives, no amount of legislation will deter them from doing it imo. I'm all for random stop and search powers for the police, if you've got nothing to hide then this shouldn't be a problem for you. I feel that this would be the biggest deterent to the potenial knife wielder, the chance a PC may stop and search you and if caught with a weapon then the full weight of the law should bear upon the fucknut caught with it on him.

Kirk out

Old 06-Jun-2008, 18:50   #135
Captain Kirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrot View Post
Some cunt is not going to rob you if you are middle class and can afford a CCW and therefore might shoot him in the face.
But what of those who could not afford such a CCW? Letting people walk around armed is really not the way to go mate, no offence but thats a load of bollocks. Just becasue your armed does not mean you arnt going to get your head kicked in, then chav boy gets himself a weapon FOC

Kirk out

Old 06-Jun-2008, 19:13   #136
Mr Carrot
Posting tits since 1984
States that have introduced or have CCW licenses have lower levels of crimes than the more draconian gun control states. CCW is a tacit admission that policing is not enough to deter or protect the citizenry. There is a vast difference in criminal psychology when attempting to commit a crime against an individual or premesis that might have the tools with which to nullify your physical and suprise advantages. The police didnt stop that poor girl getting stabbed to death in a lift, they couldnt have given less of a fuck, but a can of pepper spray her mother gave her to help fend off the stalker might of.

The key with knives is either to a. arm everyone so there is a risk of you getting stabbed yourself if you try and stab someone or b. bring in effective policing.

The thing is a. is what used to be the norm before we have police, and its where people are trending towards today because they feel quite rightly that the police do not sufficiently follow their remit.

Self preservation is pretty much the strongest human drive, and society as a whole is supposed to work towards the mitigation of that drive to allow the functioning of efficient social groups. The breakdown of this area of society is causing people to arm themselves for self protection. The police cant or wont protect you if you live in a poor area (and only give the illusion of protection if you live in an affluent area - time and distance studies clearly show crime rates are only lower in rich areas becase the criminals have to travel to reach them to exploit the relative failings of modern policing across the board, the police are no better and rich areas dont emmit some kind of anti crime field, the lower crime rates are caused only by the absence of the poor and barriers to movement)

People carrying a utility knife in their belt, having one in their car etc. is still a social norm in a great many western nations criminalising knives is ludicrous because they are a useful tool and that is all this legislation is working towards. The situation is past reactive legislative tools, putting someone in prison for a bit longer for carrying a knife does not prove a detterrent because changes in the law have zero impact on the man on the street's mindset (as gun, drug and civil disobedience legislation has proven). Lastly these new measures go nowhere near actually solving the problems that cause knife crime.

People have been running around with knives for decades, its not the knives that are the problem its the people stabbing or wanting to stab each other. Take the knives away and they will bottle each other, take the bottles away and they will club each other, take the clubs away and they will beat each other to death with their fists. The obsurd focus on the knife as the cause of the crime is what we have come to expect from modern government.

Plus criminal records and the inability of people to find work with one (including the lunatic additions to the sex offenders register) are a real problem in modern Britain with the end of well paying industrial labour and the rise of corporatist structures where things like this really really matter. It doesnt help if any job in retail for instance you are automatically blacklisted for having just got out of the slammer. Instead of giving convicts sky and other ludicrous perks they should be able to earn criminal record suspensions in relation to whether or not they have to put it down on applications, or if businesses can search for them. So in effect work hard in jail learn a skill, get a couple of NVQs and you will earn yourself a criminal record that can only be accessed by the police and no one else.

Last edited by Mr Carrot; 06-Jun-2008 at 19:30.
Old 06-Jun-2008, 20:49   #137
Captain Kirk
Good post mate, I agree with pretty much 99% of what you say.

From what I can gather, the group that the goverment are trying to dis-arm and deter from carrying knifes are young males, typically between the ages of 14-23. They don't seem to be targetting joe public who just happens to have a knife upon his person for a legitimate reason (if they are carrying a knife for anything other then self protection basically/a weapon to harm others). They are targetting the brain dead fuckwits who drift into the gang culture or are just out to do no fucking good. Not exactly the type of individual whose got their sights set on going to university, hell they probably can't even spell it ! (checks own spelling of it, just in case :o).
This is what narked me about the report and what the solicitor said. TBH I didn't even realise that if you were below the age of 18 and are caught with a weapon (which is obviously only going to be used for no good) then you basically recieve a caution/wrist slapping and be on your way sonny ! That just doesn't compute in the Kirk brain ! Does it matter if the perpetrator of a knife related crime is 14, 16 or 18? They should all be dealt with exactly the same imho, bang the fuckers up and start the rehabilitation process and hope they learn from thier mistakes. These are the twats who ruin peoples lives at the end of the day, it's thier choice to carry a knife and if the goverment actually start laying some serious jail time on people caught carrying knifes with the intention of doing harm, then maybe this might act as some form of deterent.
Whats your pov on the stop and search policy then Mr C? Surely if they know they could be searched at any time, this would act as a deterent from carrying the knives in the first place?

Kirk out

Old 06-Jun-2008, 21:24   #138
Mr Carrot
Posting tits since 1984
The problem kirk is that it is all reactionary, progressive policies that would put a stop to gang culture etc. are politically untenable for a labour government to use because they normally admit that state control and the near total inefficiency of social meddling is the heart of the problem.

These laws are still laws, no matter who they are targetted at. And as such they will be abused/misused by the morons who we now deem to be our police force. The way in which these institutions are led coupled with legislative avalanche = http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...sage'.html

One minute you are focusing on the big name media issue, the next attention has moved elsewhere but the legislation is still there to be misused. The police should be given the bare minimum of legal powers then work to maintain civil behaviour through pragmatic policing not a legal bludgeon weilded by glorified social workers.

No stop and search other than of known suspects in ongoing cases/terror suspects. I am a libertarian my popert and my actions are my business even if they are illegal its up to a court of law to issue a warrent to search my property why should my personal being be any different?

Increased prison sentances or even prison sentances at all have NO effect on this. Singapore has the harshest punishment rates for class a drugs out of any developed nations but the market penetration is identical to other countries. Just threatening someone with something does not work when they have more pressing concerns.

Law is not the only factor in the risk/benefit equation these kids are making. They have far far greater day to day fears or concerns.

That fact we have neither the punishmant nor the spaces to lock up sifficient numbers of these kids to make even a tiny dent (through literarily taking enough people off the street) in the stats does not help either.
Old 20-Jun-2008, 13:22   #139
Inertiaman
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...fety-risk.html

I'm not sure who's the cnut here but someone definitely is.
Old 20-Jun-2008, 13:37   #140
Blunteh
Return of the Colander
Blunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond repute
I remember growing up quite gutted that I hadn't experienced the rite of passage that is breaking a bone....

Kids these days... pfft
Old 20-Jun-2008, 14:22   #141
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
Godforbid we let children do anything that may hurt them...ffs i remember falling out of a tree slicing my side open getting a plaster slapped on it a loppy pop shoved in my god and told to go back outside. I f i did'nt come back with at least one bloodied knee on sportsday i considered it a failure.

Undertaking a kids fitness course atm, the amount of legal info I'm having to cover completely outweighs the fitness side so much that i thought i travelled back intime to my Law A-levels.

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

1.To perform an amazing act without witness.
2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.
Old 20-Jun-2008, 17:46   #142
milou
keeping it elderly
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Limp reporting from the Telegraph though.

"...has written to parents to tell them that the annual event..."

and later on

"the field, which has recently been acquired by the school, was used as farmland" and "The school has not had a sports day before".

So not an annual event then, and the proposed first sports day is cancelled due to cows being in the field. Or something. Having said that, let the little tykes run through potholes. The parents can always have more kids if injuries are severe.

Last edited by milou; 20-Jun-2008 at 17:50.
Old 30-Jun-2008, 09:55   #143
Inertiaman
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-business.html

Immense and unmitigated Monday Morning Cnutery.
Old 30-Jun-2008, 10:09   #144
Sierro
Loves Hayley Williams
Sierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond reputeSierro has a reputation beyond repute
Whilst on the surface that sounds ridiculous, given the website it is reported on I can't help but feel there's more to it than first meets the eye.
Send a message via ICQ to Sierro Send a message via AIM to Sierro Send a message via MSN to Sierro Send a message via Yahoo to Sierro  Sierro 
Old 30-Jun-2008, 13:27   #145
Blunteh
Return of the Colander
Blunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's fairly reported Sierro, it was on the TV news too.... Quite a few residents have been "caught" by it..
Old 09-Jul-2008, 02:18   #146
Inertiaman
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article....&in_page_id=34

File under "Filth" and "If you've got nothing to hide..." please Miss Jones.
Old 09-Jul-2008, 10:31   #147
Lungboy
Roboplegic Wrongcock
Lungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond repute
Good grief, why on earth wouldn't her passport or birth certificate be enough?
Old 09-Jul-2008, 13:22   #148
leady
click here to reset post count
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
99.98% accurate - lol

What a nonsense stat - any database containing personal information like that is going to have a much greater discrepency. Why do I strongly get the impression that that figure is the number of valid records as opposed to the number of audited verified records....

I think that someone in this situation should sue the government under the HRA or other longstanding legislation. There should be no circumstances in a modern democracy that a person should have to prove their innocence based on not being associated with all other recorded offences. I mean this lass is screwed, you know the database is messed up so would you risk the chance that by clearing your name, the computer decides you are guilty?
Old 09-Jul-2008, 13:26   #149
Inertiaman
"Guilty until you prove you haven't done anything". The founding cornerstone of modern justice.
Old 09-Jul-2008, 13:38   #150
leady
click here to reset post count
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
The bit that I find most disturbing is that the 680 figure is the number that actually find out and complain about the innaccuracy. I do wonder how many just shrug the error off due to apathy or indeed are never told why they aren't selected for a post

I suspect it could be upto 10 times that figure

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Tags
belgian peashooters, goosecunt0r