trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games Extra > Massively Multiplayer Games

Old 24-Mar-2011, 18:57   #121
Rojin
postaholic
Rojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond repute
The beta is fun, there are quite a few flaws I'd like to see fixed before paying for it though. Playing today, it was very rare I saw anyone who was shooting me being marked at all until they were within about 20ft, even across an open field. Getting shot through buildings and rock outcrops a lot as well. The one map was a joke, all of our team picked off pretty much at the spawn and I didn't see one enemy tank marked
Old 24-Mar-2011, 19:36   #122
pHk
lolzipan
pHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond repute
Got the medium package. Not really interested in the pre-order tank though
Old 24-Mar-2011, 21:49   #123
Duffeh
topicophiliac
Duffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojin View Post
The beta is fun, there are quite a few flaws I'd like to see fixed before paying for it though. Playing today, it was very rare I saw anyone who was shooting me being marked at all until they were within about 20ft, even across an open field. Getting shot through buildings and rock outcrops a lot as well. The one map was a joke, all of our team picked off pretty much at the spawn and I didn't see one enemy tank marked
I've not looked into much on what things do, but from my messing about with it I think that would be down to either your radio range or view range. Essentially you were up against better tanks hence they could see you at said range, yet you couldnt see them.

Also its free to play even after beta ends. You just need to pay if you want a premium account.
Old 24-Mar-2011, 23:28   #124
Rojin
postaholic
Rojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I know how it works, I've had tanks shooting at me up close that aren't visible at all. There is a poll time on the server as well which can allow fast tanks to cover quite a distance before being flagged.
Old 25-Mar-2011, 00:07   #125
jackthezipper
Real Life Boomer
Tournaments Won: 1
jackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond repute
within 200m you can see anything, despite cammo etc.. but over that if they have a cammo net and the crew have cammo training they can be ridiculous to see at all.
Old 25-Mar-2011, 02:15   #126
Barb
poster of the month
Barb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond reputeBarb has a reputation beyond repute
Got to take into account equipment and crew also. Many will have 100% crew with 100% secondary skills + camo net.

I've had heavies pop out of bushes at under 50 m.

The hard limit on view range is 500m.
 FlatCapnWhippet   JerrytheLintElf 
Old 25-Mar-2011, 08:48   #127
Nomad
i fear no midget
Nomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
I've had heavies pop out of bushes at under 50 m.
that's known as an 'elton john' on mumble for some reason
Old 25-Mar-2011, 09:54   #128
pHk
lolzipan
pHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackthezipper View Post
within 200m you can see anything, despite cammo etc.. but over that if they have a cammo net and the crew have cammo training they can be ridiculous to see at all.
Had one of those yesterday. ISU-152 hiding in a bush with presumably a camo net and all crew members with the camo skill. He was never actually revealed, it was funny Had to target him purely on sight.

He must have been full of great for the camo module.
Old 25-Mar-2011, 10:25   #129
Rojin
postaholic
Camp net is only when stationary though, or does it apply when moving, I didn't think it did? I'm talking about tanks on the move rather than in cover, although of course when the one tank has flagged your location you get mullered by one and all
Old 25-Mar-2011, 11:40   #130
jackthezipper
Real Life Boomer
jackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah cammo net takes a few seconds to activate once you stop. On the move, I would suggest they are out of your view range. Upgrading the turret can give you a better range, or binoculars.

Oh when I said anything under 200m, I think it's under 50m and you can see anyone.

Last edited by jackthezipper; 25-Mar-2011 at 11:47.
 TheJtZ 
Old 26-Mar-2011, 03:21   #131
Rojin
postaholic
Painful night tonight, I've become very acquainted with the IS7, Maus, T34 and T-54's! It's been quite a challenge for my plodding KV3! The matchmaking has been rubbish!
Old 26-Mar-2011, 08:51   #132
pHk
lolzipan
I got frustrated with the matchmaking on a couple of occasions.

The key is to try not the fight the losing battles in a game. Learn to recognize losing engagements before you commit to them so you can avoid them. It's not because there's a Maus or an IS-7 that you absolutely have to engage it. In fact, you're probably helping your team more by avoiding them. Go for the easy targets, or let matched top tier tanks do the heavy lifting, stay behind them and start sniping from cover.

Use the ALT key to display tank profiles, learn to recognize tanks by their profile so you can very quickly see the situation you're in, and possibly the gefokken that's about to get distributed your way.
Old 26-Mar-2011, 10:19   #133
Rojin
postaholic
Oh yes indeed, sniping over the shoulder of others works for me! It can be easy to get isolated in the KV3 though, as it's so slow you just get left behind. I might as well be throwing tennis balls at the heavier tanks, although HE sometimes gives them a black eye
Old 26-Mar-2011, 10:47   #134
jackthezipper
Real Life Boomer
Get the good gun on the KV3 and stick explosive ammo on when you run into them. You'll only do 5-8% if even but if your doing it from behind other teammates your might just help them kill it before it gets them. Go for track shots so they can finish them off.

KV3 rocks, but the IS is amazing . Also the KV3 should put you into a lot of battles where you are top tier as well.
Old 26-Mar-2011, 21:08   #135
Rojin
postaholic
I've done something really bad... After getting bored with another run of poor match ups, I had a bash at running a SPG... I feel all dirty, but God it's vicious fun
Old 26-Mar-2011, 22:39   #136
RAPTOR192
Hodor, Hodor, Hodor!
RAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond repute
Tier 1 and 2 arty rocks! Tier 3 is good. Tier 4 is shit. Tier 5 i have no idea, because i rage-sold my hummel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
so some tribesmen can build a silky smooth road through southern america in a land devoid of natural life yet my local council can barely manage a pot-holed to fuck track through the town, cretins
Old 26-Mar-2011, 22:39   #137
Nomad
i fear no midget
Nomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond repute
'gefokken' we have learnt is a common belgium tank commander's phrase
'i couldn't shoot because there was a rock in the way' is a welsh one.
Old 29-Mar-2011, 10:28   #138
Rojin
postaholic
Yay, I got accused of cheating last night, I almost feel like a gamer again

The 122mm on the KV3 is good fun, a bit inaccurate at distance though. I've got the upgraded 150mm on the Grille as well, again great fun when it hits but it's a bit random!
Old 29-Mar-2011, 10:34   #139
m00se
l00se ab00t the h00se
m00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond repute
I've just been using the 107mm on the KV3 but now working on the IS managed to get it the other day. Still working on the KV3 to get it elite status to build my free xp a little easier
Old 17-Apr-2011, 22:49   #140
Rojin
postaholic
So what else is out there which I'm missing out on? WoT is too expensive for something that should still be in beta, and I've got bored grinding to just get a tier 3 tank. Going up against Kv's in a Pz38t is just a joke.
Old 18-Apr-2011, 08:47   #141
pHk
lolzipan
You should love EVE. Give it a try.
Old 18-Apr-2011, 10:46   #142
Rojin
postaholic
Free 14 day trial?... I'm in!
Old 18-Apr-2011, 10:57   #143
pHk
lolzipan
I was being sarcastic, but go ahead, you never know
Old 18-Apr-2011, 11:11   #144
NWA
Fish Schnapps
NWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond repute
converting experience is getting expensive! spent nearly 1000 gold on it so far. Loving my Marder II. As long as I play it properly it can take out tanks 2 or 3 tiers higher than it One of those games where impatience is actually more frustrating than patience. Wooly, you would love it, it is basically who can camp the best wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryBaby
If Rooney kicks a ball at the World Cup then I will eat my underpants
Send a message via ICQ to NWA Send a message via MSN to NWA
Old 18-Apr-2011, 11:18   #145
Dave
Yea, theres a mod for that
Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond repute
Aye im quite enjoying it atm aswell, working on my SU85 and KV atm, loving the 152mm gun on the KV pretty much 1 shots anything medium and below on a good hit, reload time is horrific tho.
Have to adjust you play style a little and hang back like a tank destroyer hiding under the camo net haha.
 manc2009   HeinzeFritzel   250 834 764 
Old 18-Apr-2011, 14:23   #146
Rojin
postaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by pHk View Post
I was being sarcastic, but go ahead, you never know
Old 18-Apr-2011, 14:27   #147
jackthezipper
Real Life Boomer
grrr. Took out 6 tanks, was about to kill the last one and make it 7 and a KV3 on my team fucking shot me.
Old 18-Apr-2011, 16:46   #148
Spookie
Time to Tango
Spookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackthezipper View Post
grrr. Took out 6 tanks, was about to kill the last one and make it 7 and a KV3 on my team fucking shot me.
Did Nomad say why he did it?
Old 18-Apr-2011, 16:49   #149
RAPTOR192
Hodor, Hodor, Hodor!
RAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWA View Post
converting experience is getting expensive! spent nearly 1000 gold on it so far. Loving my Marder II. As long as I play it properly it can take out tanks 2 or 3 tiers higher than it One of those games where impatience is actually more frustrating than patience. Wooly, you would love it, it is basically who can camp the best wins.

Marder II rocks. Best tier 3 tank in the game. Chews through bigger tanks. I must say though that i am really liking the Russian TD's this time round. It's annoying engaging stuff at extreme range when you know that if you were in ze German equivalent you'd be hitting them, but the improved camouflage on them more than makes up for that. got my crews up to about 80% on my SU-152 and with a camo net I'm way less visible than I was in the higher tier German stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
so some tribesmen can build a silky smooth road through southern america in a land devoid of natural life yet my local council can barely manage a pot-holed to fuck track through the town, cretins
Old 24-Apr-2011, 12:31   #150
m00se
l00se ab00t the h00se
m00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond repute
Im currently going down the same route of TD and quite liking them compared to the heavys.

Go Back   trickery.net > Games Extra > Massively Multiplayer Games

Tags
ashen = uncle knobby, goosecunt0r, i am phk, jack lying again!, phk fucks shit up, phk has tanks, von ashen