trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > DVD, Home Cinema, Hi-Fi & Video

Old 22-Jan-2017, 14:33   #1
The Big Kahuna
Younger than Ethel
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
JVC HiFi w/valves

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio-a...19058-pdt.html

Anyone come across one, have one, or knows someone with one? I need a new gramophone for the conservatory, and like the look of this one.
Old 22-Jan-2017, 15:05   #2
burundi
WARNING: May contain nuts
burundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond repute
User replaceable valves? One of the reasons we went to transistors was the improved reliability, you need to make sure you can get hold of replacement valves and can change them yourself.
Old 22-Jan-2017, 15:09   #3
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
I don't own one, but I was looking at this for the kitchen.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio-a...19600-pdt.html

The thing that put me off was that I read on a few forums that Currys now produce stuff in the UK under the JVC brand name. Turns out it was true. Under the 21st century bit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JVC

Last edited by cunning-stunt; 22-Jan-2017 at 15:56.
cunning-stunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > DVD, Home Cinema, Hi-Fi & Video