trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Old 03-Mar-2014, 23:44   #61
Wilco
will post for food
Wilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Skiff View Post
I expect flak for this but Putin is acting the only way he can given the circumstances. I've been following the Maidan protests for a while now and it doesnt take long to see who has been supporting the far right nationalists with more than just info. Anyone remember that leaked phonecall from one of the US diplomats: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26072281

The US supported the protests and I would go as far as to say they had men on the ground helping with the coordination. The new interim president Oleksandr Turchynov is pro EU\US and is about as corrupt as Viktor Yanukovych http://www.wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/06KIEV1531_a.html . In recent years Ukraine has been in trouble with debt and corruption from its pro Russian president and trouble was always going to erupt and the US are taking full advantage. They didnt orchestrate this uprising but they sure as hell helped it along, I mean they would do anything to get one over on their old enemy the Bear, especially after the Syria affair (Which Assad is going to win but thats another story: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Templat...r_detailed_map )

Putin has a gun to his head and he is not going to let a pro EU\US Ukraine undermine his military bases in the Crimea, cut off his black sea fleet at Kerch and vital pipelines travelling to Europe. Imagine if he didnt bolster his forces in the Crimea and let Ukraine cede from Russian influence, he would have an unfriendly neighbour sponsored by his rivals in the geopolitical stage. Now it sounds like I'm his comrade but I'm not, I'm just saying it as I see it.

Oleksandr Turchynov is now saying that Ukraine will not split under any circumstances and Putin will not pull his troops out as there is by far too much international prestige and security at stake. Its going to be interesting to see which way this swings but regardless of the outcome, Ukraine loses.
Well I have to disagree with you there skiff. To accuse the Americans as being the ones who've meddled in Ukrainian affairs is frankly absurd. Putin has been propping up Yanukovich for his entire time in power, from control of their gas supply to bribing "the family" to not turn towards the EU. I'm sure the Americans do have people on the ground, but not as many as the Russians do. In the beginning of the protests there were plenty of gangs of thugs going around opposing the protestors. Also the police didn't take long to start shooting people. Even if the "West" is provoking a move from the Ukraine away from Russia, only in Russian minds is that a valid reason for an invasion. If Scotland votes for independence, I don't think we're planning on annexing back Edinburgh.

Oleksandr Turchynov was elected by the Rada as interim President, but he's not exactly the puppet of the Maidan. Persons put forward as cabinet ministers by the Parliament have been "vetoed" by the protesters, but they don't have the power to choose their own appointees.

Also, in the context of a land war, Afghanistan and Iraq were comprehensive allied military victories. Their perceived "loss" is more due to the higher standards we hold ourselves to in the West (the allies in Afghanistan have done far better than the Russians in Chechnya in terms of counterinsurgency), and also our unwillingness to use severe repression as a tool for control (again, Chechnya, Dagestan). I don't think the Russians could win a conventional land war against NATO, and I highly doubt Putin believes there is a possibility of that happening.

It's all rather blown away that $50bn on the Winter Olympics though, hasn't it?
Originally Posted by Big Brother Idiot #164
I'm not saying I'm shallow or anything, but I wouldn't bother talking to an ugly person
Old 03-Mar-2014, 23:44   #62
Beef~
res ipsa loquitur
Beef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond repute
To be clear that wasn't directed at any random musing here - mainly the stuff trotted out by the most of the 24hr media filler.
Old 04-Mar-2014, 07:31   #63
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
By random musing I presume you mean the utter flannel suggesting that the group of countries who can't even successfully occupy Iraq should undertake an attack of some sort on Russia.
Old 04-Mar-2014, 08:15   #64
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
Shaxon puts forward some reasonable theories as to why Russia does what the fuck it wants:http://www.taxjustice.net/2014/03/03...fshore-stupid/
Old 04-Mar-2014, 10:53   #65
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertiaman View Post
By random musing I presume you mean the utter flannel suggesting that the group of countries who can't even successfully occupy Iraq should undertake an attack of some sort on Russia.
Ah come on, it's not that bad. If GW Bush was still US President he would of at least used this as an excuse to invade New Zealand by now.
Old 04-Mar-2014, 10:55   #66
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
He'd have to get someone to point it out on a map first.
Old 04-Mar-2014, 11:05   #67
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
So Putin is saying something about ending 'military exercises'.

…with a footnote to add that Crimea will be joining the Russian Federation. Masterful annexation with no war!
Old 04-Mar-2014, 11:21   #68
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
It has been quite a achievement for him if the USA tried it half the country would b rubble. Let's just hope he stops with this one and gets some naughty boy sanctions.

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

1.To perform an amazing act without witness.
2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.
Old 04-Mar-2014, 11:38   #69
Lungboy
Roboplegic Wrongcock
Lungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond repute
If the world powers roll over and give Russia the Crimea, it'll be like the Sudetenland x 2356!
Old 04-Mar-2014, 11:51   #70
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
They have rolled over and its seems they are getting there bellys tickled whilst barking. The operation was way to swift to allow for a proper response from the international community. Military action is not needed the potential economic and political damage could very well finish Putin.
He has pissed a lot of people off and made every bordering country wary of a fight

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.
Old 04-Mar-2014, 12:03   #71
stepper
post haste
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
And you think he gives a fuck?
"I'm not getting out of bed until I get fucked!" - Marcus Antonius, 31 BC
Old 04-Mar-2014, 12:06   #72
Inertiaman
If your claims on the last page are true then I guess so.
Old 04-Mar-2014, 12:09   #73
Rainy
Monkeh Feel0r
Tournaments Won: 1
Rainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepper View Post
And you think he gives a fuck?
He should, NATO is about to turn him to dust.

Edit: trumped by nertia
 TBM Rainy 
Old 04-Mar-2014, 12:09   #74
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Definitely read the article I linked earlier from Politico; for a complete layman (i.e. me) it is certainly an argument that has the ring of truth:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...l#.UxQ5cmTrWmV

Last edited by Scrobbs; 04-Mar-2014 at 12:13.
Old 04-Mar-2014, 12:23   #75
stepper
post haste
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertiaman View Post
If your claims on the last page are true then I guess so.
No I said NATO could, but they won't, and he knows it. Hence him not giving a fuck!

NATO will reach for the biggest weapon in their arsenal when dealing with Putin - their "grave concerns."
Old 04-Mar-2014, 12:29   #76
Inertiaman
I echo the previous question about whatever it is that you are smoking and would kindly ask that you send me some.
Old 04-Mar-2014, 12:55   #77
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Nah it's the permanent hang over talking.

Quote:
to Ashen [ash-en]

Old 04-Mar-2014, 13:10   #78
Beef~
res ipsa loquitur
Beef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond repute
Well it's not like someone took a picture of a confidential government document outlining the UK's position on sanctions..... Someone should be on the receiving end of a severe bollocking for such carelessness and complacency.
Old 04-Mar-2014, 13:30   #79
Inertiaman
Come on if we start turning down rubles we'll have to start turning down riyals and pesos and all sorts! How will anyone afford their next maserati!?
Old 04-Mar-2014, 16:39   #80
Mr_Skiff
Under The Thumb
Mr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilco View Post
Well I have to disagree with you there skiff. To accuse the Americans as being the ones who've meddled in Ukrainian affairs is frankly absurd. Putin has been propping up Yanukovich for his entire time in power, from control of their gas supply to bribing "the family" to not turn towards the EU. I'm sure the Americans do have people on the ground, but not as many as the Russians do. In the beginning of the protests there were plenty of gangs of thugs going around opposing the protestors. Also the police didn't take long to start shooting people. Even if the "West" is provoking a move from the Ukraine away from Russia, only in Russian minds is that a valid reason for an invasion. If Scotland votes for independence, I don't think we're planning on annexing back Edinburgh.
Hey Wilco, I don’t know if you read the BBC link in my previous post (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26072281) which describes in detail the leaked phone conversation where assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland is talking about who they should appoint as the interim\new Ukrainian president weeks before Yanukovych fled the coup d’etat? The BBC didn’t think this absurd nor do these other news sources:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/07/wo...aine.html?_r=1

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/0...A151QM20140207

http://www.globalresearch.ca/ukraine...ernational-law

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...0-3f66c37a2fca

http://philosophers-stone.co.uk/word...up-in-ukraine/

I know anyone can print a news story on the Internet and claim its true but the above links are from reputable news sources (apart from the last one) the evidence of US involvement is all there. Then there is that fact about the US now sending $1 billion in aid to Ukraine, I doubt this is out of the goodness of their own hearts.

Everyone knows Yanukovych is a puppet of Putin, I was never disputing that. I was just trying to convey why Putin is acting like he is. Even now in Venesula, Thailand and many protests in the past there are state sponsored gangs doing all the dirty work. The Berkut riot police were very aggressive in their actions but were welcomed home back in Eastern Ukraine with open arms and paraded around like heroes. Not every Ukrainian supports what is going on primarily in Kiev and the western parts.

That Scotland comparison made me smile Lets pretend for a minute that we are experiencing a similar event to Ukraine here in the UK. Scotland wants to gain independence from the UK and is being backed and supported by the Russians. After ceding from the UK Scotland immediately occupies all naval bases from Edinburgh northwards, cuts off north sea oil from Britain, along with passage through the Irish, Scandinavian and north Atlantic sea. The real pressing issue is the oil pipeline that Britain has going through Scotland to its customers which is now under Scottish control. Britain would then have an unfriendly neighbour sponsored by the Russians in their backyard, Wales could possibly be next in line vying for independence backed by Russia. Would Cameron standby and watch with everyone on the world stage and do nothing?

Like I said before, I’m not supporting Putins actions but he has that metaphorical gun to his head. If he lets this slide then how would he look on the geopolitical stage, would other countries propped up by Russia be watching and taking notes, you bet.

Last edited by Mr_Skiff; 04-Mar-2014 at 16:50. Reason: Just had to add this image at the bottom :)
Old 04-Mar-2014, 16:55   #81
Nomad
i fear no midget
Nomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond repute
so you advocate starting with a pre-emptive welsh attack, making scotland back off. nothing to lose.
Old 04-Mar-2014, 17:08   #82
Inertiaman
Tactical strike on the whisky pipeline and watch the place go full mad max within about three hours.
Old 04-Mar-2014, 17:10   #83
leady
click here to reset post count
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
There are quite a few English folks in Scotland, best annex the low lands to save them

As a side note because its not really been raised yet (and to be clear I'm not being so daft as to suggest wars with major nuclear powers is a good idea) is that this recent incident does make the strategic defence review look stupid. Re-organising your defence strategy around "counterterrorism" is mental. Only major powers offer real threat so you should always look as one of the following as the opponent when working out your needs

France, Germany, Russia, china, Japan or the US

don't get me wrong I doubt we could beat any of those (well bar the surrender monkeys), but like the hedgehog, looking spikey enough can make a difference
Old 04-Mar-2014, 18:16   #84
Eja Cool8
Wears Stockings
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by leady View Post
There are quite a few English folks in Scotland, best annex the low lands to save them

As a side note because its not really been raised yet (and to be clear I'm not being so daft as to suggest wars with major nuclear powers is a good idea) is that this recent incident does make the strategic defence review look stupid. Re-organising your defence strategy around "counterterrorism" is mental. Only major powers offer real threat so you should always look as one of the following as the opponent when working out your needs

France, Germany, Russia, china, Japan or the US

don't get me wrong I doubt we could beat any of those (well bar the surrender monkeys), but like the hedgehog, looking spikey enough can make a difference
Only a fucking lunatic would consider the Conservative defence posture as anything actually relating to defence needs. The current situation is like John Knott x 10, all dogma, all arse-licking of the treasury, and bionic back-pedalling when it all goes to fuck, which it is, most assuredly, starting to do.

Steve Fainaru: "Big Boy Rules"

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato
 Ecch!   away foul box!   You must be kidding! 
Old 04-Mar-2014, 18:32   #85
Orange
please find me real friends
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, gone are the days when the might of the British Army could stop the imperialistic tendencies of the Soviets in Afghanistan without inadvertently laying the foundations for global jihad a couple of decades later.
Old 04-Mar-2014, 21:29   #86
Orange
please find me real friends
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute

I like my Russian gas charts...
Old 04-Mar-2014, 21:50   #87
stepper
post haste
Russia test fire a new ICBM.. Awesome.
Old 04-Mar-2014, 21:56   #88
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Don't think it is as bad as it sounds. They haven't just decided to do that on the spur of the moment.
Old 04-Mar-2014, 22:26   #89
Goody
my other forum is full
Goody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrobbs View Post
Don't think it is as bad as it sounds. They haven't just decided to do that on the spur of the moment.
You lie , you just know Putin has a big red button.
Old 04-Mar-2014, 23:01   #90
eek
Not a leek!
eek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrobbs View Post
It wouldn't surprise me.
 eekaleek 

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Tags
goonstepper, goosecunt0r, herr kahuna forum fuhrer, news repostathon, no leg to stand on, out of your tree