trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > General > Discussion

Old 13-May-2008, 10:30   #61
Stuie
postaholic
Stuie has a reputation beyond reputeStuie has a reputation beyond reputeStuie has a reputation beyond reputeStuie has a reputation beyond reputeStuie has a reputation beyond reputeStuie has a reputation beyond reputeStuie has a reputation beyond reputeStuie has a reputation beyond reputeStuie has a reputation beyond reputeStuie has a reputation beyond reputeStuie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertiaman View Post
Yes the tories have a long and rich history of looking after the working class. Nice one.
I just want a change from the labour council who are currently fucking us in the ass.
 stus house 
Old 13-May-2008, 10:31   #62
Blunteh
Return of the Colander
Blunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond repute
Surely your girlfriends lack of qualifications or work skills means she can't get work. Isn't that her responsibility ? It's a bit rich blaming the council or "the Darkies".

Is she sitting at home right now studying to inprove her life or watching Jeremy Kyle ?
Old 13-May-2008, 10:33   #63
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
Haha, you cunt.
Old 13-May-2008, 10:34   #64
Bilb
Amazeballs!
Bilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuie View Post
oh and being ill since friday with a virus which has had me vomitting and shooting pure liquid shit out my arse \o/
I had that about a week or so ago!

Has she looked in Telford? Should be loads of work there ... only a couple of quid on the train too Id imagine.
Old 13-May-2008, 10:39   #65
Blunteh
Return of the Colander
Blunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norfolk'n'Clue View Post
Haha, you cunt.
Granted.. Holier than thou, moir ?

Last edited by Blunteh; 13-May-2008 at 10:47. Reason: wtf is wrong with my spelling today, dislexia rules KO !
Old 13-May-2008, 10:40   #66
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunteh View Post
Surely your girlfriends lack of qualifications or work skills means she can't get work. Isn't that her responsibility ? It's a bit rich blaming the council or "the Darkies".

Is she sitting at home right now studying to inprove her life or watching Jeremy Kyle ?
Come now, you know what a high quality of life most urban dwelling blacks are blessed with. Not to mention their immigrant cousins from Africa with their "I had to leave my home or I'd have my arms chopped off" cushyness.
Old 13-May-2008, 10:54   #67
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
Coming soon: Arms/Off - a sequel to Face/Off starring Stuie, a disgruntled UK citizen who, tired of being shat on by his government and immigrants taking his jerbs, trades arms with a darkie and finds himself embroiled in a shady underworld of cash in hand labour and criminal working conditions.
Old 13-May-2008, 11:02   #68
leady
click here to reset post count
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norfolk'n'Clue View Post
BT management. The senior boys seem to hang around for approx 3/4 of a year and move on somewhere else, in their perpetual search for bigger bonuses and salaries. Meanwhile they are here, they change everything around in order 'to make their mark' and then fuck off without seeing it through. Then another one arrives, ad inifinitum.

The more direct affect on my team is that they reorganise the lower management tiers, split the team into three, and then amalgamate the team again within the year, then go through the whole rigmarole again under the name of 'cost cutting'.
Welcome to my life although I'm far too used to it after 8 years for it to get to me anymore

two more for the list

People who say that council tax should be charged on an "ability to pay" basis - balls to that sell your huge expensive house you old useless duffer.

Anyone who uses the phrase "I've paid my taxes for X years, I'm entitled to blah". These people don't understand the concept of both what social welfare is meant to be, nor how its funded and it drives me mad.
Old 13-May-2008, 11:09   #69
Blunteh
Return of the Colander
I tihnk alot of large companies are like that.. people manage themselves up and there is no such thing as failure (no one wants to be the one to point the finger and be seen to be negitive) so things just go in circles....

It's the same here.

I heard a new version of Brown Noser recently, Mr. Toe Nails (So far up the bosses arse that all you can see if his toe nails)
Old 13-May-2008, 11:13   #70
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
It's fucking worrying, especially when you consider BT runs a project that could well turn out to be one of the most important in the UK, i.e. the NHS one.

Also worrying: HP are bidding to buy EDS.
Yesterday, BT announced a deal to sell all UK data centres to HP.

What's held in these data centres? Ah yes, all our medical details. Hm.
Old 13-May-2008, 11:22   #71
Orange
please find me real friends
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Is it any worse having HP own them than BT?
Old 13-May-2008, 11:27   #72
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
No, probably not. Just makes me a bit edgy a US company owning the data centres where our servers for the NHS system will be held. There are such strict guidelines for data processing and support for this system (i.e. nothing outside the mainland) that although it should make no difference a US company merely owning the buildings (and the access protocol etc) where the data is kept, it just makes me...well...uncomfortable.

Also, it feels like BT is pawning the family jewels a little.
Old 13-May-2008, 11:27   #73
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
I'd be more concerned with the geography of the ownership than the company itself.

edit - as duplicated from norf's post above
Old 13-May-2008, 11:43   #74
Orange
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
A little predictably I'm less bothered about that, unless you think HP are more likely to comply with any US government requests for offshore data. I'd like to think this possibility was ringfenced in the initial contract (along with the requirement for the data centers to remain in Britain), but its difficult to take anything for granted.
Old 13-May-2008, 11:44   #75
Inertiaman
"Offshore data" would be effectively meaningless.
Old 13-May-2008, 11:54   #76
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
OK, my first gripe of the week. Despite an email being sent to all the staff in the department basically saying "It is NOT John's job to help you with your mundane technical problems so stop calling him up and asking him how to underline your text in Word" I have had no less than two calls of this nature today. Granted my job title is "IT Consultant" but I like to think that means I get consulted on things a little more complex than:

Idiot: "ZOMG my page has gone blank and my document is now 15 pages lo...no...16...17...18...the pages are going up and up!"
Me: "Take your elbow off the Enter key in the corner of the keyboard"
Idiot: "What? Oh. Erm...how did you know that? Thanks. So where's my work gone?"
Me: "Kill me"
Old 13-May-2008, 11:54   #77
Orange
I'm not sure that's right depending on how they choose to integrate the NHS servers. If it were so required under the contract couldn't they specifically avoid that data ever touching a piece of kit in the US?
Old 13-May-2008, 12:01   #78
Stuie
postaholic
Stuie has a reputation beyond reputeStuie has a reputation beyond reputeStuie has a reputation beyond reputeStuie has a reputation beyond reputeStuie has a reputation beyond reputeStuie has a reputation beyond reputeStuie has a reputation beyond reputeStuie has a reputation beyond reputeStuie has a reputation beyond reputeStuie has a reputation beyond reputeStuie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunteh View Post

Not blaming the council, or the darkies, what i'm saying is firstly considering every new person who comes into this country gets loads of benefits and help from the government, then when my gf loses her job we are instantly forgotten about, theres almost no support for us, i'd understand if i were earning a comfortable wage but I'm not, i thought we'd get some support but instead they're going to be looking at evicting us because we simply cannot pay our bills.

As for my girlfriends "lack of qualifications" it's not her fault she was born into a shit family where at the age of 16 they were automatically trying to force her out into her own place, they were attacking her to the point where her nose was almost broken, she had to hold down a job while trying to get through a levels until she eventually couldn't go on anymore and ended up finally at the age of 17 finally getting her own place and having to quit school to have enough money to run a place on her own... so yeah i guess she's one of those that sits around watching Jeremy Kyle.

That really pisses me off actually, like we're spongers she worked 6 days a week for the past 2 years probably harder than most people, so please don't say condescending things like that.
 stus house 
Old 13-May-2008, 12:02   #79
Blunteh
Return of the Colander
I would have thought so. C&W are in a similar-ish situation, they have UK Govnment contracts but have opted to build as much of their company(engineering staff) in India as possible. Their problem is the Indian guys aren't allowed to touch any of the networks used by the UK gov. So it's all getting a bit tricky for them (organisation wise).
Old 13-May-2008, 12:04   #80
Inertiaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuie View Post
Not blaming the council, or the darkies, what i'm saying is firstly considering every new person who comes into this country gets loads of benefits and help from the government, then when my gf loses her job we are instantly forgotten about, theres almost no support for us, i'd understand if i were earning a comfortable wage but I'm not, i thought we'd get some support but instead they're going to be looking at evicting us because we simply cannot pay our bills.
The first half of that is bollocks, but I'm sure noones taking anything away from the second half. Get her arse down the CAB I guess and find out what can be done.
Old 13-May-2008, 12:05   #81
Stuie
postaholic
Been to CAB nothing can be done, we went as soon as we could to the CAB.
 stus house 
Old 13-May-2008, 12:08   #82
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
I think Matt means with regard to your current living situation, not with regard to your gf's job situation.
Old 13-May-2008, 12:08   #83
Blunteh
Return of the Colander
Yeah my bad, it's everyone elses fault Stuie.
Old 13-May-2008, 12:10   #84
leady
click here to reset post count
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
The unskilled job market is rather boyant in the uk hence the immigration - I can't see how hard it can be to get a job through an agency etc
Old 13-May-2008, 12:10   #85
Lungboy
Roboplegic Wrongcock
Lungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Target View Post
OK, my first gripe of the week. Despite an email being sent to all the staff in the department basically saying "It is NOT John's job to help you with your mundane technical problems so stop calling him up and asking him how to underline your text in Word" I have had no less than two calls of this nature today.
You'd have had one from me yesterday if you were on my MSN. Obviously i didn't get the staff memo though so i'd have been exempt from any works/stairs hoofage.
Old 13-May-2008, 12:12   #86
Inertiaman
How do I open the memo in excel?
Old 13-May-2008, 12:12   #87
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Quote:
Originally Posted by leady View Post
The unskilled job market is rather boyant in the uk hence the immigration - I can't see how hard it can be to get a job through an agency etc
Get on the books at Reed. Christ, if you can find your way around a keyboard to post here that makes you twice as well equipped as the trained monkeys they send out to do data-entry roles. I know this having had to spend a week cleaning up data-entry errors from where the dopey apes couldn't read the forms through their discarded peanut shells.
Old 13-May-2008, 12:14   #88
Lungboy
Roboplegic Wrongcock
Lungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
Who's the local MP by the way? Neither Seabeck, Streeter or Gilroy are on any company boards, although Seabeck received a donation from John Doyle construction in 2006.
He doesn't mention if the MP is male or female, or if the father on the board is the MP or the husband of the MP, which makes it tricky to work out. Have a look at Seabecks parliament voting record though http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/ali...uth,_devonport. Yes to shitty ID cards, yes to the ridiculous anti-terror laws (i assume that means the detention without charge idea), and no to an inquest into Iraq. You go girl.
Old 13-May-2008, 12:14   #89
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
No, they just can't read.
Old 13-May-2008, 12:15   #90
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertiaman View Post
How do I open the memo in excel?
Don't...The dizzy cow was banging on about deleting cells in excel and how she couldn't work out how it was done. I talked her through it...highlight...edit...delete...etc and she was like "I can't see those options in the menu" in the end I gave up with the phone call and went to her desk whereupon I found she was editing a table in Word. ffs retire already!

Go Back   trickery.net > General > Discussion

Tags
ang0r, belgian peashooters, everyone hates funkeh, funkeh's bum nautilus, funkehs anal stretching, gear grinders, it's not a student loan, its candygram for mongo !, lost that loving feline, mongo likes candy, southampton locals, t-bag - whinging c.1981, tbag being mental, telegram for mongo..., too much information, urine heaters