trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > General > Discussion

Old 22-Mar-2010, 19:07   #8941
Sh0cked
founder of the +1 forum
Sh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond repute
No not you're fault he should of closed the deal with you whilst he was there. Poor sales technique and poor service.. his loss
 sh0ck3d 
Old 22-Mar-2010, 19:27   #8942
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
Offer + acceptance = deal

No offer and/or no acceptance = no deal
Old 23-Mar-2010, 12:20   #8943
burundi
WARNING: May contain nuts
burundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deceased View Post
Just had some complete cunt on the phone. Basically he'd pitched for some work - come to the house, costed it but mentioned that he though we should do something slightly different so would go away and come back to us with a price. Like anyone else, we got several quotes in from other people and decided to use one of those as they had undercut the first guy by a heck of a lot, and that also included the increased work he'd suggested - ie. there was no way he was going to be cheaper. He told us he'd phone me back with his revised price - that was over a week ago and he'd be told at the time that we needed it doing quite urgently so as he didn't phone us we pretty much assumed that he wasn't interested. So he phones me earlier and I basically told him that we'd picked someone else and given the work to them. 10 mins after that he phones me back and starts telling me how pissed off he is (with me) as he'd travelled all that way to us (15 miles... ish) and all the work he'd done blah blah - i hung up without saying a word. So, what did I do wrong? - get 4 quotes in - he wasn't the cheapest - he lost the job to someone else - am I right in thinking he's being a total tit trying to make me feel like I shouldn't have gone elsewhere? At no time did we tell him the job was his, in fact during the "estimate/measuring up" work, it was his suggestion to include additional work and explain the reasons. So until he had definite figures, how would/could we/anyone give him the Ok to procede....?
He's a bully and has no concept of customer service or selling, best avoiding that type totally as if anything goes wrong he's going to be a complete cunt to deal with.
Old 23-Mar-2010, 12:25   #8944
blurr
fashion victim
blurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond repute
Oddly enough, something similar happened to a family friend, she got four quotes from various workmen, hadn't agreed to anything to any of them apart from saying "I'll give you a call to confirm". Later that week one of the workmen show up on her doorstep with tools in hand to take another look and "re-quote" for something he wasn't sure about (she thought he'd call her about it)... and started to work on it ! Unfortunately she's the only one in the household and didn't have the confidence to kick the guy out as he started huffing about having to turn down other work to come to this job, even though she hadn't even accepted his quote in the first place. To top it off he was the most expensive one out of the four and charged her more for "additional work", for a very shoddy end result.

Last edited by blurr; 23-Mar-2010 at 12:27.
Old 23-Mar-2010, 12:44   #8945
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
Re: quote - I asked a plumber/electrician mate of mine. He reckons that it's part of the job to give quotes, that guy was being a cunt.

Last edited by Scrobbs; 23-Mar-2010 at 12:46.
Old 23-Mar-2010, 12:45   #8946
Dogma
Like a boss.
Dogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond repute
Cars in for a service today.

I'm awaiting a call telling me what else they've found, fixed and am going to charge me for tbh.
 LAV3R__   LAV3R 
Old 23-Mar-2010, 13:09   #8947
Beef~
res ipsa loquitur
Beef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond repute
Turns out I'm being sued. First time for everything I suppose.
Old 23-Mar-2010, 13:13   #8948
Dogma
Like a boss.
Dogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond repute
I like your enthusiasm.
 LAV3R__   LAV3R 
Old 23-Mar-2010, 13:13   #8949
Dogma
Like a boss.
@ Beef!
 LAV3R__   LAV3R 
Old 23-Mar-2010, 13:14   #8950
BFH
Fixer of dead hard drives
BFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef~ View Post
Turns out I'm being sued. First time for everything I suppose.
What pray tell have you done u norty boy
Old 23-Mar-2010, 14:01   #8951
Beef~
res ipsa loquitur
Beef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deceased View Post
What pray tell have you done u norty boy
Our ex-landlord is a litigious cunt. He's claiming we neglected to inform him that his house has damp and is therefore suing us.
Old 23-Mar-2010, 22:23   #8952
wooly-back-jack
Tactical Hider
wooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond repute
LOL
Send a message via MSN to wooly-back-jack
Old 25-Mar-2010, 15:34   #8953
Jamey
The swagger of a cripple
Jamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond repute
What's this about then...

I open Safari on my work computer and before the window appears it crashes with one of those bog-standard "send error report to Microsoft / Don't send" message boxes.

I open it again straight after and it works fine.

How come it works the second time but not the first? Crazy.
Old 25-Mar-2010, 15:35   #8954
Jamey
The swagger of a cripple
Jamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond repute
Oh... And as I typed that the guy who scrapes the fork on his teeth just walked in. Time to adjourn to my edit suite.
Old 25-Mar-2010, 16:38   #8955
Jamey
The swagger of a cripple
God James Cameron's a fucking tit.
Old 25-Mar-2010, 17:05   #8956
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
If he is, I wouldn't refer to him as "God".
Old 25-Mar-2010, 17:11   #8957
Jamey
The swagger of a cripple
Comma?
Old 25-Mar-2010, 17:12   #8958
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
No thanks.
Old 25-Mar-2010, 17:14   #8959
Spookie
Time to Tango
Spookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond repute
I was taxed £160 on my wages. I am supposed to get taxed the grand total of £0. I am not best pleased.
Old 25-Mar-2010, 17:14   #8960
Spookie
Time to Tango
Spookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond reputeSpookie has a reputation beyond repute
Fuck Sony for limiting the supply of slim PS3's too.

£280 for a console is a joke.
Old 25-Mar-2010, 17:25   #8961
eek
Not a leek!
eek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookie View Post
Fuck Sony for limiting the supply of slim PS3's too.

£280 for a console is a joke.
I can get it for £215 (120gb) or £225 (250gb) if you can pick it up from london
 eekaleek 
Old 25-Mar-2010, 17:40   #8962
Spookie
Time to Tango
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
if you can pick it up from london
Too far mate.

ty for the offer though.
Old 25-Mar-2010, 18:15   #8963
*XeR0x*
Eyebrows
Tournaments Won: 1
*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute
What a fucking long and shit day, how can i be so unproductive today when i was on fire yesterday?
Old 25-Mar-2010, 18:31   #8964
Jamey
The swagger of a cripple
Because you're recovering from the burns?
Old 26-Mar-2010, 01:15   #8965
Skawt
topicophiliac
Skawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond repute
My mum found a photo of me a few days after I was bottled/attacked a few years ago. Jesus Christ my face was a mess. It's not really rant worthy but it did surprise me a bit seeing it again.
Send a message via MSN to Skawt  Scuzzeh 
Old 26-Mar-2010, 08:53   #8966
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
No mirrors in your house?
Old 26-Mar-2010, 09:17   #8967
Skawt
topicophiliac
Skawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond reputeSkawt has a reputation beyond repute
I have mirrors they just lack the Sloth from the Goonies filter.
Send a message via MSN to Skawt  Scuzzeh 
Old 26-Mar-2010, 09:25   #8968
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Old 26-Mar-2010, 10:26   #8969
*XeR0x*
Eyebrows
Tournaments Won: 1
*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute
Will this week ever end?
Old 26-Mar-2010, 10:27   #8970
[RaG]Ethel
Alfa Male
[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute
YES ! TODAY \o/

Go Back   trickery.net > General > Discussion

Tags
ang0r, belgian peashooters, everyone hates funkeh, funkeh's bum nautilus, funkehs anal stretching, gear grinders, it's not a student loan, its candygram for mongo !, lost that loving feline, mongo likes candy, southampton locals, t-bag - whinging c.1981, tbag being mental, telegram for mongo..., too much information, urine heaters