trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > General > Discussion

Old 27-Feb-2018, 08:06   #23971
burundi
WARNING: May contain nuts
burundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond repute
Poor girl, sorry Lungers, is she upset about her hair?
Old 27-Feb-2018, 13:36   #23972
Lungboy
Roboplegic Wrongcock
Lungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond repute
Luckily it seems she likes the new look. I don't see that lasting very long though.
Old 27-Feb-2018, 13:39   #23973
BFH
Fixer of dead hard drives
BFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond repute
might want to take it up with the manufacturer - surely stuff must get tested.....
Old 27-Feb-2018, 17:17   #23974
Nomad
i fear no midget
Nomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond repute
blimey, fucked hair
Old 27-Feb-2018, 17:35   #23975
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Bald future heir.
Old 27-Feb-2018, 23:15   #23976
BFH
BFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond repute
fucking neighbours.

ones by us keep asking when we are going to take some trees down and replace the fence they are currently holding up as (according to them) the trees are damaging their drains and they've had the drain people out. Which by their own admission this was nearly 10 years ago and they've not come out since which they confirmed to me 6 months ago when this entire discussion started.

Got collared by them today (again) - told em "its not happening, we're skint we've no money" - which is true. To which I instantly get hit with "well you're gonna get a bill then from dynorod". I walk away to a parting shot of "your house is really nice, I want mine to be" (interesting to hear I've been under surveillance).

So... now we get down to it - all they really want is shut of the trees because they'd rather there was a new fence and because they can't show a legitimate reason for their removal they keep trying to dig up a past event as currently relevant.

I've asked for evidence and the reports they've obviously been given - 3 times now. Still not seen anything after 6 months of waiting and prompting each time they mention the whole saga.

incidentally the trees are at least 2.5m and probably close to 3m away from their house and about the same high.

Truth be told we do want shut of them - and they've even quoted us for doing it as he's a bit handy apparently - but we are footing the whole bill - no mention from them about sharing the cost.. but its cash right after Christmas that we just don't have.

Sometimes I wished I lived on a fucking island - oh wait, I already do.

/rant off
Old 27-Feb-2018, 23:24   #23977
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Fence Hassle

Broke Finance Hardship
cunning-stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Feb-2018, 23:28   #23978
BFH
ahh man - thanks.

first time I've lol'd this evening - have some props.
Old 27-Feb-2018, 23:32   #23979
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFH View Post
ahh man - thanks.

first time I've lol'd this evening - have some props.
I know it may cost you a couple of bob, but when your a little bit better financially, have someone look at the drains yourself, see if their bullshitting you?
Old 27-Feb-2018, 23:32   #23980
CaptainTrips
topicophiliac
CaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond repute
You should plant leylandii trees against the fence, out of spite.
Old 27-Feb-2018, 23:36   #23981
BFH
funny thing is - thats the trees that are already there
Old 27-Feb-2018, 23:40   #23982
BFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunning-stunt View Post
I know it may cost you a couple of bob, but when your a little bit better financially, have someone look at the drains yourself, see if their bullshitting you?
of course they are - i keep asking for the report they were given when they were told roots had got in. I asked them "did they line the drains? - yes"..

Now I know from having dynorod out myself and speaking to them on a separate issue that once they line the drains - roots never get back in.

Every time I ask them when did the drain people come out - they keep referring to the past event (which happened before we even bought the house). So according to them, they've not anyone out to look at the drains because they've not had any reason to.

This means there's only a small number of possibilities;
  1. Drains guys actually HAVE been out recently but said theres no roots in the drains and everything is fine with them - they don't want us to see the report as it chucks their argument out the window
  2. There is no problem - they can't and haven't called the drain people out but just want us to think they have. But this also means they don't have a report to wave at us - which is why they haven't done so

Either way - there's no report and so no argument.

The funny thing is they are totally entitled to chop away any roots from the trees on their side of the fence (and they've pushed it back far enough to give them more than enough room to dig around and locate any).

The fence is the dividing wall between us - the trees are on our land so they do belong to us and we hate the fucking things - come summer I'll taking them down myself one at a time and then we'll most like just prop the fence up with some kind of remedial fix.

Can't wait to see what they fucking complain about then.

Last edited by BFH; 27-Feb-2018 at 23:53.
Old 28-Feb-2018, 00:10   #23983
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
So wait. Your trees. Your property. Write to him, tell him you have asked before but now give him formal notice that you retire the reports in 30 days or to expect a solicitor's letter to cease harassment. To do that you need to prove harassment.
Old 28-Feb-2018, 00:24   #23984
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute
Who is responsible for that fence?
Old 28-Feb-2018, 00:36   #23985
BFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by [n00b]Zippy View Post
Who is responsible for that fence?
I "think" we are as the supports are on our side.

However, the fence isn't the complaint - it's the trees on the other side of it.
Old 28-Feb-2018, 10:47   #23986
BFH
just spoken to some peeps in work who are in the know.

Neighbours can take a flying jump basically - there's no law in this country that can force someone to chop a tree down and the most she could complain about is the roots. But they are also perfectly entitled to remove any roots on their side (as long as it doesn't damage the trees - otherwise we could sue them for criminal damage) - which you'd have thought if the trees where getting into their drains ( yeah right...) they'd be doing anyway...

They just want a new fucking fence putting up and want us to pay for it.

I'm tempted to pay someone to sort the whole lot out and have them put a really big 6 foot high fence up, but have it painted bright purple (daughters favourite colour). You can't legally paint someone elses fence...(or hang anything on it either...). Then they can have that to look at out of their window instead.

twats.
Old 28-Feb-2018, 11:34   #23987
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute
Build Fences High!
Old 28-Feb-2018, 11:58   #23988
ReichSteadyCrew
post count reset at 9999
ReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond repute
Bum fuck him. Establish dominance
Old 28-Feb-2018, 15:38   #23989
Fulmineus
karma killer
Fulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond repute
Brick, face, hurl.

Say NO! to capital t Sponsored by AQA
Old 28-Feb-2018, 16:00   #23990
Nomad
i fear no midget
Nomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond repute
bitumened fence him
Old 01-Mar-2018, 10:10   #23991
Blunteh
Return of the Colander
Blunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond repute
Boundary Fence Hero
Old 01-Mar-2018, 21:57   #23992
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
One of my lads just picked this up, as the Acer Predator he had, which was just over two years old, died over the weekend. They wanted £50 just to diagnose the problem, and then the repair cost on top.

Dell S2716DG 27" Nvidia G Sync 144Hz QHD 1ms Gaming Monitor.
Old 01-Mar-2018, 22:30   #23993
BFH
fucking Dell.

had similar fun with a rig of theirs years ago - best option was to fork out for a new rig.

hopefully their policy has changed over the years
Old 01-Mar-2018, 22:31   #23994
Fulmineus
karma killer
Fulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Fucking Hardware

Old 01-Mar-2018, 22:42   #23995
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
Bastards, Former Hemployers
Old 01-Mar-2018, 22:58   #23996
Fulmineus
karma killer
Quote:
Brazenly Flouting Habitude

Last edited by Fulmineus; 02-Mar-2018 at 00:38.
Old 02-Mar-2018, 00:09   #23997
BFH
Quote:
get to the back of the queue
Old 10-Mar-2018, 16:39   #23998
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
Reports in the paper today that more and more cards for this Sunday have "Mom" on them
Old 10-Mar-2018, 16:49   #23999
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Buy a less shit paper.
Old 10-Mar-2018, 17:07   #24000
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
It's the Telegraph, I'll have you know!

Go Back   trickery.net > General > Discussion

Tags
ang0r, belgian peashooters, everyone hates funkeh, funkeh's bum nautilus, funkehs anal stretching, gear grinders, it's not a student loan, its candygram for mongo !, lost that loving feline, mongo likes candy, southampton locals, t-bag - whinging c.1981, tbag being mental, telegram for mongo..., too much information, urine heaters