trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Films

Old 21-Oct-2010, 10:29   #31
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
Beneath Hill 60 8/10

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

1.To perform an amazing act without witness.
2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.
Old 21-Oct-2010, 16:52   #32
mAF
you have marked user as read
mAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond repute
Dead mans shoes 8/10
Send a message via MSN to mAF  ukmattyd   DADDYDAVIES XD 
Old 02-Nov-2010, 15:38   #33
dirky
quick panic, it's snowing
dirky has a reputation beyond reputedirky has a reputation beyond reputedirky has a reputation beyond reputedirky has a reputation beyond reputedirky has a reputation beyond reputedirky has a reputation beyond reputedirky has a reputation beyond reputedirky has a reputation beyond reputedirky has a reputation beyond reputedirky has a reputation beyond reputedirky has a reputation beyond repute
Saw a film called Cracks the other day with Eva Green in it. Very dramatic film the style of which I wouldn't really go for but I'm glad I did; it was gripping.

7/10
Old 02-Nov-2010, 15:42   #34
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mAF View Post
Dead mans shoes 8/10
You'd think they'd both be the same size. Perhaps they were orthopaedic.
Old 02-Nov-2010, 15:44   #35
Blunteh
Return of the Colander
Blunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond repute
The Disappearance of Alice Creed - 8/10 - surprisingly good... ending was cliched
  Spoiler: highlight to read
to the point of me turning to the wife and saying "if she wryly smiles, hits play on the radio and drives off it'll be too cliched - hey presto.. wry smile, radio on and foot on the pedal ..

Mr Nice - 7/10 Good.. But failed to get the feeling of the book across enough, doomed to fail in that regard though, Rhys Ifans was good as H. Marks..
Get Him to the Greek - 7/10 - funny.. but not enough belly laughs for me

Last edited by Blunteh; 02-Nov-2010 at 16:42.
Old 02-Nov-2010, 16:35   #36
dirky
dirky has a reputation beyond reputedirky has a reputation beyond reputedirky has a reputation beyond reputedirky has a reputation beyond reputedirky has a reputation beyond reputedirky has a reputation beyond reputedirky has a reputation beyond reputedirky has a reputation beyond reputedirky has a reputation beyond reputedirky has a reputation beyond reputedirky has a reputation beyond repute
Dude we can see the 'smiley' in that spoiler. You've ruined the film for me tbh.
Old 02-Nov-2010, 16:42   #37
Blunteh
Return of the Colander
Blunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond repute
All it says is [ spoiler] dirky sucks goats [/spoiler]
Old 02-Nov-2010, 17:33   #38
dirky
More like common knowledge ..
Old 02-Nov-2010, 23:15   #39
dirky
28 Days Later: 0/10
Old 02-Nov-2010, 23:55   #40
Jamey
The swagger of a cripple
Jamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond repute
Just watched In Bruges for the first time and provided you ignore the twelve gaping plot holes and suspend your dislike of Colin Farrell it's reasonably enjoyable

6/10
Old 03-Nov-2010, 00:47   #41
GroovYF
Octave Doctor
GroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond repute
Just watched Brothers and it's a solid 8/10 for me
Old 03-Nov-2010, 15:25   #42
dirky
Paranormal Activity: 8/10

Watched it a while ago and really enjoyed it. Talk about creepy.
Old 03-Nov-2010, 15:30   #43
Jamey
The swagger of a cripple
Jamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond repute
Never watched the first one but watched Paranormal Activity 2 on Halloween, then read the plot of the first one on Wiki afterwards.

Quite clever how they linked the stories together but the plot's just stupid. Good film to take girls to and I didn't have to pay so can't complain.
Old 03-Nov-2010, 15:39   #44
dirky
Watch the first. Simple plot, low budget but enthralling and very creepy as said.
Old 03-Nov-2010, 15:40   #45
Jamey
The swagger of a cripple
Knowing what I know I daresay I'll have a similar issue with the plot of the first one.
Old 03-Nov-2010, 15:44   #46
dirky
I don't think there is much of a 'plot' actually thinking about it. It just is what it is ... You know you want to
Old 03-Nov-2010, 16:05   #47
Jamey
The swagger of a cripple
They might as well call it "A series of shocking incidents that gradually grow in the level of shockingness throughout the film."
Old 03-Nov-2010, 16:10   #48
dirky
And the climax OH MY GIDDY AUNT I CANNOT WATCH THIS ANY LONGER :S

In all seriousness, I'm not too macho to admit I couldn't watch at one part near the end ...
Old 03-Nov-2010, 16:53   #49
Jamey
The swagger of a cripple
Obviously I can't comment on the first but the sequel's worst bits are so sudden that you really don't expect them. I guess that's quite clever, they spend the whole film giving you "typical" Hollywood suspense shocks (noise growing, you know it's coming, wait for it, etc etc) and then the main ones are thrown in almost as if they don't matter.

I did genuinely wince for the second-to-last one.
Old 03-Nov-2010, 16:55   #50
dirky
See dude, you've talked yourself into renting the 1st on iTunes tonight. Get some popcorn in, some chilled beer, get the missus round. Perfect
Old 03-Nov-2010, 16:58   #51
Jamey
The swagger of a cripple
Don't have any means of watching video files on my TV in the lounge and refuse to sit in front of a computer watching anything longer than 5-10 mins
Old 03-Nov-2010, 17:12   #52
Lungboy
Roboplegic Wrongcock
Lungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond repute
In Bruges gets far higher than a 6 for me, it was my film of 2009 i think. Or 2008, depends when it came out really.
Old 03-Nov-2010, 18:01   #53
Jamey
The swagger of a cripple
It was alright. Nowt special but a nice little way to pass a couple of hours.
Old 07-Nov-2010, 00:58   #54
dirky
The Social Network: 6/10

Entertaining but very Hollywood for something that was probably anything but.
Old 07-Nov-2010, 02:56   #55
T3CH^
Too old for this shit
T3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond repute
inception, after a couple of watches 9/10

very clever interleaving of various levels of 'reality' in some bits, and that fight in the hallway is just fucking superb.

'Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps.........it is time to die'
 T3CHguyver 
Old 07-Nov-2010, 10:09   #56
Badger Man
During the war....
Badger Man has a reputation beyond reputeBadger Man has a reputation beyond reputeBadger Man has a reputation beyond reputeBadger Man has a reputation beyond reputeBadger Man has a reputation beyond reputeBadger Man has a reputation beyond reputeBadger Man has a reputation beyond reputeBadger Man has a reputation beyond reputeBadger Man has a reputation beyond reputeBadger Man has a reputation beyond reputeBadger Man has a reputation beyond repute
Taken 8/10

Wasn't expecting much, as I hadn't heard of it, but a good solid thriller a la Man on Fire
Old 07-Nov-2010, 10:59   #57
dirky
Taken is awesome. Proper action film, love it. Inception is also awesome - I gave it 9/10 too earlier in the thread and it's definitely worthy.
Old 07-Nov-2010, 11:28   #58
The Big Kahuna
**** off Lester
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
Harry Brown - 8/10
Sean Harris' performance in Harry Brown - 11/10

Clash of the Titans - 7/10
80% of Prince of Persia - 0/1000
The Proposition - 9/10
Old 07-Nov-2010, 12:05   #59
dirky
I'm upgrading the Social Network to 7/10; 6/10 is a little harsh on reflection.
Old 07-Nov-2010, 15:40   #60
Randell
my post count gets me dates
Randell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirky View Post
I'm upgrading the Social Network to 7/10; 6/10 is a little harsh on reflection.
yeah, its a great film (not saying its 100% acccurate, but its a great film with good performances).

I'd seriously worry about a group of people who'd rate Clash of The Titans above Social Network!
 Randell 

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Films

Tags
condensed argument thread, devs cheats, goosecunt0r, mintydownloadsnothing!, separate thread ocd, wtfdoesmintyknow?