trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Poetry & Creative Writing

Old 18-Nov-2008, 00:47   #1
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
If you believe the media

We all fall faster to the abyss
A world gone mad with deprivation
Maybe its time for an absolution
We gave our freedom away to fear
Spent our lives looking up bullshit on wikipedia
The answers there in right in your face
Humanities fallen from grace
When the fools hold office
And the king is blind
The boatman waits with a broadening smile
Will you pay your coin and march to hell
Or make your stand and remember
Only sheep walk to the slaughter
You think this will end in a world-wide utopia
Open your eyes and take in the air
This is how civilisations end my dear

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

1.To perform an amazing act without witness.
2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.

Last edited by Ashen; 18-Nov-2008 at 10:23. Reason: edited to appease Q T :)
Old 18-Nov-2008, 02:58   #2
Synbios
wuptidoo
Synbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to behold
Scary o.O
Old 18-Nov-2008, 10:00   #3
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
Swap out the "are" and "r" for "our" and I'll think about it.
Old 18-Nov-2008, 10:24   #4
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
Done

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.
Old 18-Nov-2008, 10:43   #5
Rainy
Monkeh Feel0r
Tournaments Won: 1
Rainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond repute
Quite good matey, only bit I don't think is right is the "Humanities fallen from grace" line. I don't believe humanity has ever been in a position to call grace
 TBM Rainy 
Old 18-Nov-2008, 12:19   #6
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
He may be referring to the humanities though: geography, history, social sciences...which aren't as popular as they used to be. Otherwise it would be "humanity's"
Old 18-Nov-2008, 14:45   #7
Synbios
wuptidoo
Synbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to behold
Such a git, Q
Old 18-Nov-2008, 15:06   #8
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Oh I've got loads more to throw at him...biding my time I am.
Old 18-Nov-2008, 15:55   #9
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Love you QT

Quote:
to Ashen [ash-en]

Old 18-Nov-2008, 17:03   #10
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
We all fall faster to the abyss
A world gone mad with deprivation
Maybe it's time for an absolution
We gave our freedom away to fear
Spent our lives looking up bullshit on wikipedia
The answer's there in right in your face
Humanitiey's fallen from grace
When the fools hold office
And the king is blind
The boatman waits with a broadening smile
Will you pay your coin and march to hell
Or make your stand and remember
Only sheep walk to the slaughter
You think this will end in a world-wide utopia
Open your eyes and take in the air
This is how civilisations end my dear

OK, there wasn't exactly loads and that "right in your face" line I wasn't clear whether you were referring to multiple answers or just the one answer or whether you meant "therein" or whether the "in" was superfluous.
Old 18-Nov-2008, 17:08   #11
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
You should be an editor

Quote:
to Ashen [ash-en]

Old 19-Nov-2008, 10:53   #12
Bilb
Amazeballs!
Bilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond repute
He's a frustrated school teacher. Note the red pen!
Old 19-Nov-2008, 11:33   #13
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
I miss my red pen
Old 20-Nov-2008, 16:09   #14
Synbios
wuptidoo
6/10 see me

Oh the days.
Old 20-Nov-2008, 17:28   #15
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Only teachers can get hold of those fine red bic biros made of yellow plastic...probably.
Old 21-Nov-2008, 00:56   #16
Synbios
wuptidoo
Horrid things.

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Poetry & Creative Writing

Tags
poetic meter anyone?