trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games Extra > Massively Multiplayer Games

Old 26-May-2011, 09:36   #211
pHk
lolzipan
pHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Skiff View Post
Made it to Tier 3 last night but my god its an awful leveling system! I thought I was going to be able to keep grinding my little MS-1 to get more Free Experience to help research better tanks in the USSR tier. It looks like you have to grind each tank just to get the next model in the tier wtf!
That gets better though. Grinding for XP/credits with a low tier tank is useless (because you make fuck all with them). Grinding really only becomes viable when you hit tier 6 (for mediums at least), IMO.

SPG's are pretty good for this as well (I'm using my Hummel to make some extra cash, you usually get somewhere between 20k-50k per game).
Old 26-May-2011, 17:29   #212
RAPTOR192
Hodor, Hodor, Hodor!
RAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Made it to Tier 3 last night but my god its an awful leveling system! I thought I was going to be able to keep grinding my little MS-1 to get more Free Experience to help research better tanks in the USSR tier. It looks like you have to grind each tank just to get the next model in the tier wtf!
Eh? Makes perfect sense to me. Natural progression. You have to play the proceeding tank to get the current one, the current one to get the next one, the next one to get the one after that and so on. Or do you mean sideways across the Tier?

Quote:
I dropped some cash into the game to speed things up and I bought 600,000 credits, there is no way I am going to run out soon. I was very pissed off to find out that you cant even spend gold on research
Noooooooooo! never convert gold to silver! it's a colossal waste of money! The conversion rate is so low. You'll burn through that 600 k once you're up a few tiers, after which time you'll start making that much money in a few days play. Use gold for premium account, and if you want crew training and converting XP (once you've researched EVERYTHING on a tank, it becomes "elite" and any excess XP earned on it can be converted, with gold, to free xp that can be used on any tank you like. Conversion rate is 25 XP - 1 gold). Also, never buy premium ammo. Waste of money again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
so some tribesmen can build a silky smooth road through southern america in a land devoid of natural life yet my local council can barely manage a pot-holed to fuck track through the town, cretins
Old 26-May-2011, 19:54   #213
SylverFyre
totally topical
SylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud of
If any of you lot want to take part in the clanwars bit but are struggling for numbers, why not join a clan like BSC ( www.bsc-community.com )
We need more numbers to have a better shout at the clanwars bit but are already getting games in on that front
Old 31-May-2011, 12:43   #214
Mr_Skiff
Under The Thumb
Mr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond repute
Managed to have a few more games over the weekend and armed with Raps advice I've managed to save blowing all my gold on crap. I currently have a PzIV with 100% crew and the nasty 7.5 L/70 which seem to be ripping lower tier heavies apart atm.

I also bought the T14 as a support heavy tank and do pretty well in the low-mid tier games, if I'm matched up against anything bigger than a KV-1s then I'm in trouble. The Hetzer has to be my favourtie at the moment, I've armed it with the ridiculous 10.5cm howitzer which one shots anything tier 4 or lower.

I have added Rap and pHk to my friends but there is no way to know if you two can see my messages? I suppose I better get my ass back on Mumble
Old 31-May-2011, 13:43   #215
jackthezipper
Real Life Boomer
Tournaments Won: 1
jackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah don't ever use gold on credits.

Remember not to sell your crew with the tank, send them to barracks, buy next tank without crew then retrain them to 90% for 20000credits each. It's not really worth it til your tier5+ though.
Old 31-May-2011, 15:05   #216
RAPTOR192
Hodor, Hodor, Hodor!
RAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The Hetzer has to be my favourtie
Wrongest thing ever said in the history of the word, or indeed the concept, of wrongness.

But yes, get on mumble mate!
Quote:
so some tribesmen can build a silky smooth road through southern america in a land devoid of natural life yet my local council can barely manage a pot-holed to fuck track through the town, cretins
Old 31-May-2011, 15:31   #217
Mr_Skiff
Under The Thumb
Mr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPTOR192 View Post
Wrongest thing ever said in the history of the word, or indeed the concept, of wrongness.
Hetzers gonna Hetz!

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/haters...e#.TeT7i0eDffI
Old 31-May-2011, 16:42   #218
jackthezipper
Real Life Boomer
jackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond repute
If you think hetzers good wait til you get stug3
Old 31-May-2011, 16:56   #219
Mr_Skiff
Under The Thumb
I did look at the stats of the Stug and it has more HP but less armour. Are the guns similar as well or do they pack more of a punch? The advantage of the Hetzer is that I'm only matched a few tiers above tier 3 which means I can still roll with the best of them. I've nearly unlocked it so I will find out pretty soon.

I'm sure you have all talked about which tank you like most previously in this thread but after a few months of playing what are you all enjoying tanking in at the moment?
Old 31-May-2011, 17:23   #220
jackthezipper
Real Life Boomer
IS, although waiting for is3. KV3 level'd up fully was great as well. As was su85/su100.
Old 31-May-2011, 17:39   #221
RAPTOR192
Hodor, Hodor, Hodor!
ISU-152 with the BL10 is the bees knees. Object 704 is less fun, but only because you're more frequently matched with tier 10's. Currently levelling up an IS and T-43 simultaneously. Loving mediums again now I'm back in the higher tier ones. Bestest, most funnest tank in the game remains the Marder II though.
Quote:
Old 31-May-2011, 19:09   #222
Rojin
postaholic
Rojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond reputeRojin has a reputation beyond repute
You end up using the same 105 gun on the StugIII as the Hetzer... I played Russian in the beta, so though I'd give German a try... I had more fun in the Russian armour!
Old 01-Jun-2011, 00:21   #223
NWA
Fish Schnapps
NWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond repute
Stug is so quick and maneuverable you can almost play like a medium, especially in city maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryBaby
If Rooney kicks a ball at the World Cup then I will eat my underpants
Send a message via ICQ to NWA Send a message via MSN to NWA
Old 04-Jun-2011, 22:38   #224
Mr_Skiff
Under The Thumb
-

Last edited by Mr_Skiff; 06-Jun-2011 at 13:01.
Old 04-Jun-2011, 22:45   #225
Mr_Skiff
Under The Thumb
-

Last edited by Mr_Skiff; 06-Jun-2011 at 13:01.
Old 04-Jun-2011, 22:51   #226
Mr_Skiff
Under The Thumb
Dont know if anyone has seen this fansite but it lists all the Tanks and weapons for each tier in a nice graph:

http://www.tankersguide.com/index.htm

Time to grind my T-28 so I get a KV with that 155mm monster!

Last edited by Mr_Skiff; 06-Jun-2011 at 13:02.
Old 06-Jun-2011, 13:40   #227
jackthezipper
Real Life Boomer
IS3 first battle of the day 3458 on himmelsdorf

Fucking print screen button seems fucked.

fs now it works

Last edited by jackthezipper; 06-Jun-2011 at 13:42.
 TheJtZ 
Old 30-Jun-2011, 22:49   #228
jackthezipper
Real Life Boomer
Argh the new voices for "let's go" etc... are really annoying.
Old 01-Jul-2011, 07:51   #229
Mr_Skiff
Under The Thumb
I agree, the new voices at the start of each map are worse than before. I saw someone with a Tier 7 American TD last night, how the hell did he manage that in one day!?
Old 01-Jul-2011, 14:27   #230
jackthezipper
Real Life Boomer
Lots and lots of free xp stored up.

I have about 10k from the last week. He's probably been storing it up for this. Or converting with gold.
Old 04-Jul-2011, 20:45   #231
SylverFyre
totally topical
SylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackthezipper View Post
Argh the new voices for "let's go" etc... are really annoying.
+1

There's a poll on the WoT site where about 70% of people have voted that the new voices are shit

Go Back   trickery.net > Games Extra > Massively Multiplayer Games

Tags
ashen = uncle knobby, goosecunt0r, i am phk, jack lying again!, phk fucks shit up, phk has tanks, von ashen