trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Old 03-Mar-2014, 16:24   #31
stepper
post haste
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
Or walk in with sticks and beat everyone half to death.
"I'm not getting out of bed until I get fucked!" - Marcus Antonius, 31 BC
Old 03-Mar-2014, 16:59   #32
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
Reports of a ultimatum that troops loyal to Kiev in the surrounded bases must surrender all arms by 5am local time tuesday or face all out assault.

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

1.To perform an amazing act without witness.
2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.
Old 03-Mar-2014, 17:10   #33
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
Well that's that fucked then.
Old 03-Mar-2014, 17:16   #34
Hot Soup
click here to reset post count
Tournaments Won: 1
Hot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond repute
Aye, it completely blows away any pretence of being there to protect the "russian" citizens.

Why'd you open your bong hole you smelly hippy? You'd sacrifice a beautiful woman to save a moderately attractive monkey?

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Hot Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-Mar-2014, 17:17   #35
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
Brinkmanship is a dangerous game.

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.
Old 03-Mar-2014, 17:22   #36
Sin
TheMutsNuts.
Sin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond repute
The Polish and the Lithuanian's are worried. If they roll over Polish/Lith soil then welcome to WW3 as its a direct invasion of the EU.

Game plan: Send the Indians to deal with the Chinese, Japan can have the Russian Navy and the rest of the west will invade from all angles. Millions killed. But we get our own Gas supply as it will be sold off as Sainsburys land and Asda Land.
Old 03-Mar-2014, 17:25   #37
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Doubt it would go that far, but if it does I bet 10 bottle caps the Chinese invade Russia

Quote:
to Ashen [ash-en]

Old 03-Mar-2014, 17:27   #38
Sin
TheMutsNuts.
Sin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond repute
I can't see it going past Ukraine as you said tbh. Chances are the Russians will fucking starve to death since their economy just fell the fuck over. And yeah the Chinese will steal all the Russias if it goes bell up. It's comforting to know that the force we are a part of is not a force to be reckoned with. I didn't fully appreciate how big NATO forces were until someone showed me on a pretty info-graphic.
Old 03-Mar-2014, 17:33   #39
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
Let's be clear; Putin is a dirty twisted shite of a man, he proved that in Chechyna. His soul is blunted by all the years he spent in the KGB. He is no better than the bampots that used to infest the Kremlin, and he is quite happy with old-style Soviet strategy.

Awful though it sounds, there is, actually, an argument for NATO hitting them now before they build up any more. And no; I'm not getting all "Tom Clancy" here.

Steve Fainaru: "Big Boy Rules"

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato

Last edited by Eja Cool8; 03-Mar-2014 at 17:36.
 Ecch!   away foul box!   You must be kidding! 
Old 03-Mar-2014, 17:37   #40
stepper
post haste
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
America would dick Russia on their own. Russia has massive numbers yes but their equipment is inferior in pretty much every way.

A NATO force including America, Britain, France, Germany (and that's just to start with) would turn Russia to dust. The problem is no one wants to, no country wants to start a war that will lead to another huge global conflict. They don't have the money or the backing to do so.

Therefore Putin will carry on as without fear of reprisals.
Old 03-Mar-2014, 17:37   #41
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Isn't most of there army a creaky leaky mess with more rust the raps mum after a weeks worth of doggy style

Quote:
to Ashen [ash-en]

Old 03-Mar-2014, 17:47   #42
Sin
TheMutsNuts.
Most of them are conscripts to and don;t really want to fight.
Old 03-Mar-2014, 17:49   #43
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
The gay bomb did we actually build it....we have the perfect target for sexual revolution.

Quote:
to Ashen [ash-en]

Old 03-Mar-2014, 17:58   #44
Mr_Skiff
Under The Thumb
Mr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond repute
I expect flak for this but Putin is acting the only way he can given the circumstances. I've been following the Maidan protests for a while now and it doesnt take long to see who has been supporting the far right nationalists with more than just info. Anyone remember that leaked phonecall from one of the US diplomats: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26072281

The US supported the protests and I would go as far as to say they had men on the ground helping with the coordination. The new interim president Oleksandr Turchynov is pro EU\US and is about as corrupt as Viktor Yanukovych http://www.wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/06KIEV1531_a.html . In recent years Ukraine has been in trouble with debt and corruption from its pro Russian president and trouble was always going to erupt and the US are taking full advantage. They didnt orchestrate this uprising but they sure as hell helped it along, I mean they would do anything to get one over on their old enemy the Bear, especially after the Syria affair (Which Assad is going to win but thats another story: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Templat...r_detailed_map )

Putin has a gun to his head and he is not going to let a pro EU\US Ukraine undermine his military bases in the Crimea, cut off his black sea fleet at Kerch and vital pipelines travelling to Europe. Imagine if he didnt bolster his forces in the Crimea and let Ukraine cede from Russian influence, he would have an unfriendly neighbour sponsored by his rivals in the geopolitical stage. Now it sounds like I'm his comrade but I'm not, I'm just saying it as I see it.

Oleksandr Turchynov is now saying that Ukraine will not split under any circumstances and Putin will not pull his troops out as there is by far too much international prestige and security at stake. Its going to be interesting to see which way this swings but regardless of the outcome, Ukraine loses.
Old 03-Mar-2014, 17:58   #45
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
The Ukranian army is under resourced, poorly trained and out manned and out gunned by the Russians. They might last a day or two but it'll be over in a week. The BBC posted an op-ed that helpfully clarifies this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26421703

If Russia just annexes the Crimea and stops at the border I think it can get away with it. As I've said, I think they are just after the port.

On a legal basis, Russia is in breach of a bunch of treaties at this point. The Whitehouse pointed this out on Saturday:

Quote:
President Obama expressed his deep concern over Russia’s clear violation of Ukrainian sovereignty and territorial integrity, which is a breach of international law, including Russia’s obligations under the UN Charter, and of its 1997 military basing agreement with Ukraine, and which is inconsistent with the 1994 Budapest Memorandum and the Helsinki Final Act. The United States condemns Russia’s military intervention into Ukrainian territory.
There's plenty of grounds for getting involved at any level should any signatory state wish to do so.
Old 03-Mar-2014, 18:01   #46
leady
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
The key worry for me is that at least post stalin the ussr was a single party system like the chinese. Putin appears to be an outright popular dictator. Im still trying to work out why hes invaded the crimea when he already had everything he needed there (100 year lease etc, 14000 troops)

It really looks like petulance after he overreached in kiev
Old 03-Mar-2014, 18:11   #47
Mazzahoo
Player Hater
Mazzahoo has a reputation beyond reputeMazzahoo has a reputation beyond reputeMazzahoo has a reputation beyond reputeMazzahoo has a reputation beyond reputeMazzahoo has a reputation beyond reputeMazzahoo has a reputation beyond reputeMazzahoo has a reputation beyond reputeMazzahoo has a reputation beyond reputeMazzahoo has a reputation beyond reputeMazzahoo has a reputation beyond reputeMazzahoo has a reputation beyond repute
What's more worrying than all of this is if it kicks off we are on the Germans side, and they ain't got a good track record in WW's
Old 03-Mar-2014, 18:22   #48
stepper
post haste
Because we've been on the other
Old 03-Mar-2014, 18:25   #49
leady
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
The germans won both wars, the house of sax-coburg did pretty well...

Resists urge to post black adder quote
Old 03-Mar-2014, 18:48   #50
Orange
please find me real friends
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eja Cool8 View Post
Awful though it sounds, there is, actually, an argument for NATO hitting them now before they build up any more. And no; I'm not getting all "Tom Clancy" here.
What?
Old 03-Mar-2014, 18:50   #51
Orange
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepper View Post
America would dick Russia on their own. Russia has massive numbers yes but their equipment is inferior in pretty much every way.

A NATO force including America, Britain, France, Germany (and that's just to start with) would turn Russia to dust.
What the fuck are people smoking today?
Old 03-Mar-2014, 18:55   #52
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
Mm. At what point in the last 2 centuries has Russia ever been ground into dust?
Old 03-Mar-2014, 18:58   #53
Orange
Around about the same time Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan and Iraq resulted in comprehensive victories for USA! USA! USA!
Old 03-Mar-2014, 19:01   #54
Orange
Still, NATO gave 80k Serbs a kicking, so there's that.
Old 03-Mar-2014, 19:09   #55
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Yes and well after they'd raped and massacred their way across all their slightly browner neighbours. Go team.
Old 03-Mar-2014, 20:43   #56
Beef~
res ipsa loquitur
Beef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond repute
http://inmoscowsshadows.wordpress.co...imea-campaign/

A more discerning analysis by someone who might be.... you know... more informed?
Old 03-Mar-2014, 20:49   #57
The Big Kahuna
**** off Lester
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
Odds on Pussy Riot turning up in Sevastopol and flashing their tits?
Old 03-Mar-2014, 21:30   #58
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Kahuna View Post
Odds on Pussy Riot turning up in Sevastopol and flashing their tits?
Pfft would prefer the odds on Gazza turning up tbh

Quote:
to Ashen [ash-en]

Old 03-Mar-2014, 21:37   #59
Hamspoons
I love lamp
Hamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond repute
Ukraine's current Prime Minister has a rosy outlook on things

Quote:
"We are on the brink of a disaster and this is the government of political suiciders. So welcome to hell,"
Old 03-Mar-2014, 23:39   #60
leady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef~ View Post
http://inmoscowsshadows.wordpress.co...imea-campaign/

A more discerning analysis by someone who might be.... you know... more informed?
Yeah thats close to my take on it - putin has overplayed his hand and its going to bite him but theres no obvious backtrack

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Tags
goonstepper, goosecunt0r, herr kahuna forum fuhrer, news repostathon, no leg to stand on, out of your tree