trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Old 30-Jun-2014, 14:07   #61
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
Heh. His job title on facebook is: "Security Risk Manager"
Old 30-Jun-2014, 14:07   #62
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
Oh and he's in Afghanistan, not Iraq. But same hotbed of random action.
Old 30-Jun-2014, 14:37   #63
Beef~
res ipsa loquitur
Beef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond repute
It is perhaps stating the obvious but the optics of losing the life / general wellbeing of soldier are not the same as a contractor in the view of the public. The former acquires, rightly or wrongly, a moral dimension that is much diminished (if it indeed exists at all) in the latter.

You might have to pay the contractor a little bit more money in the short-run but it comes with significantly fewer strings attached.
Old 30-Jun-2014, 14:54   #64
bigdog
forum hax
bigdog has a reputation beyond reputebigdog has a reputation beyond reputebigdog has a reputation beyond reputebigdog has a reputation beyond reputebigdog has a reputation beyond reputebigdog has a reputation beyond reputebigdog has a reputation beyond reputebigdog has a reputation beyond reputebigdog has a reputation beyond reputebigdog has a reputation beyond reputebigdog has a reputation beyond repute
They get paid a shitload and they probably like killing people. Plus life in the forces doesn't prepare your standard infantryman for much else.
Old 30-Jun-2014, 15:06   #65
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
They get paid a shitload and they probably like killing people.
Come on. This is as much twaddle as Eja's insinuation that the US should hire one of the 50 or so UK PMC's (who are really not struggling for bookings out there anyway) because we're all shining paragons of virtue and value whilst Blackwater et al are all crazy villains because America. If you can bank enough in 2-3 years to buy a house for cash you'll do it for that. Not for some Hollywood cliche of sweatily needing to shoot people.
Old 30-Jun-2014, 15:08   #66
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Oh for the record - my guy lives in California now... on the beach. I suspect he only tools up if the hummer needs a new shoe (I don't think he owns a hummer).
Old 30-Jun-2014, 15:09   #67
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28082962

Oop sorry Iraq. Your country is an ex country. It is no more. It is deceased.
Old 30-Jun-2014, 15:18   #68
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
So, essentially Hull but scarier.
Old 30-Jun-2014, 15:33   #69
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef~ View Post
It is perhaps stating the obvious but the optics of losing the life / general wellbeing of soldier are not the same as a contractor in the view of the public. The former acquires, rightly or wrongly, a moral dimension that is much diminished (if it indeed exists at all) in the latter.

You might have to pay the contractor a little bit more money in the short-run but it comes with significantly fewer strings attached.
I think I made this point in a thread a good while back. Don't see why it should be me that searches for the fucker. Not getting at you specifically.

Steve Fainaru: "Big Boy Rules"

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato
 Ecch!   away foul box!   You must be kidding! 
Old 30-Jun-2014, 15:40   #70
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertiaman View Post
Come on. This is as much twaddle as Eja's insinuation that the US should hire one of the 50 or so UK PMC's (who are really not struggling for bookings out there anyway) because we're all shining paragons of virtue and value whilst Blackwater et al are all crazy villains because America. If you can bank enough in 2-3 years to buy a house for cash you'll do it for that. Not for some Hollywood cliche of sweatily needing to shoot people.
I created an entire fucking thread about how private military companies are fucking things up ages ago, it got little response. Matt, go search, as I refuse to do it for you.

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato
Old 30-Jun-2014, 15:52   #71
Inertiaman
Yeah I wouldn't want you to cut into your scant free time so I'll frame it up afresh and save you the trouble.

Are you honestly suggesting that corporate incompetence in PMC's is an American reserve? Daniel Fitzsimons? Sandline International? Brass for Hire in 2012? The only reason Blackwater ended up with their heads above the pulpit is their ubiquity in Iraq. I honestly don't think any of our homegrown PMC's would be incapable of the same negligence and low standard given a ten year carte blanche in any given market.
Old 30-Jun-2014, 15:52   #72
PsYcHoKiLLa
topic of the pops
PsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond repute
There's word of an entire thread about this

Not sure I would go out and murder someone that someone else decides needs to be murdered so I could "bank enough in 2-3 years to buy a house for cash", maybe that's just me, although I don't really harbour a desire to "buy a glock" either
Old 30-Jun-2014, 16:08   #73
Inertiaman
Yeah that's the job spec.

As usual your need to blindly ridicule any point I care to make ends up making you look thick as fuck. Does Karmic pay you by the post or is this pro bono work until he fails at life in Australia and comes back to take the reins of the Underachieving Shithead Wagon?
Old 30-Jun-2014, 17:29   #74
Orange
please find me real friends
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not quite sure what the argument is here, but Aegis isn't exactly a paragon of virtue.

<edit> pointless detail </edit>

Last edited by Orange; 30-Jun-2014 at 17:41.
Old 30-Jun-2014, 17:44   #75
Orange
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
I do wonder why £80k is enough of incentive to have RPG flung at you, but I guess if you're going from £25k a year (?) to £80k tax free, then 5 years of doing what you've basically been doing for the last 5 years might not seem that bad. I'd have thought finding yourself on an oil rig for something not far off (albeit taxed) would be more appealing.
Old 30-Jun-2014, 18:02   #76
Inertiaman
The dichotomy splitting this topic is that half of the conversation is talking about the largely dull but essentials work of private security companies and the other half appears to be talking about Sean Bean's character in Ronin.
Old 30-Jun-2014, 18:13   #77
Orange
Right, have we got to the bit where we go preemptive against the Russians yet?
Old 30-Jun-2014, 18:13   #78
Orange
By "we", I of course mean "someone else".
Old 30-Jun-2014, 18:14   #79
Inertiaman
Soon. First we've got to cover the bit where everyone whining about PMC's would literally go spastic if our actual armed forces were rented out to drive rich executives around north africa and stand guard over US owned oil refineries.
Old 30-Jun-2014, 18:17   #80
Eja Cool8
Enema of the people
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertiaman View Post
Yeah that's the job spec.

As usual your need to blindly ridicule any point I care to make ends up making you look thick as fuck. Does Karmic pay you by the post or is this pro bono work until he fails at life in Australia and comes back to take the reins of the Underachieving Shithead Wagon?
And then you go and mess it up by " name calling", when you're the first person to raise the emergency flags, even when it hasn't actually happened to you....

Plato
Old 30-Jun-2014, 18:19   #81
Inertiaman
Mess what up? His well crafted and not-at-all bollocks point about PMC's being hired to go and to shoot people that other people don't like or the excavated and tired jab about about me finding reloading tiresome when target shooting on private land?

You want to defend that cretin you go for it. It's your time to waste.
Old 30-Jun-2014, 18:25   #82
Nomad
i fear no midget
Nomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
They get paid a shitload and they probably like killing people.
IT contractors? we consider the latter but don't act, we just go for a poop and calculate the pennies rolling in whilst we do. once i got a paper cut, people don't appreciate the dangers

Last edited by Nomad; 30-Jun-2014 at 18:27.
Old 30-Jun-2014, 18:42   #83
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."
cunning-stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Jun-2014, 19:06   #84
Hamspoons
I love lamp
Hamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond repute
Recent article about Blackwater in Iraq http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/30/us...ater.html?_r=0

Quote:
But the inquiry was abandoned after Blackwater’s top manager there issued a threat: “that he could kill” the government’s chief investigator and “no one could or would do anything about it as we were in Iraq,” according to department reports.
Old 30-Jun-2014, 19:44   #85
Rainy
Monkeh Feel0r
Tournaments Won: 1
Rainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
Right, have we got to the bit where we go preemptive against the Russians yet?
Russia is running scared. I have been informed by ONE of our top trickery strategists that America on its own could defeat Russia, but teamed up with the UN they would turn Russia to dust. I'm waiting for the second strategist to get back to me, he's working his part time job selling tickets down the theatre atm
 TBM Rainy 
Old 30-Jun-2014, 20:02   #86
bigdog
forum hax
bigdog has a reputation beyond reputebigdog has a reputation beyond reputebigdog has a reputation beyond reputebigdog has a reputation beyond reputebigdog has a reputation beyond reputebigdog has a reputation beyond reputebigdog has a reputation beyond reputebigdog has a reputation beyond reputebigdog has a reputation beyond reputebigdog has a reputation beyond reputebigdog has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp

According to these bods, the Yanks will sort the Russkies. All we need is to get the Chinese and Indians to have a go at each other and the Brits can mop up. Maybe even restart the old empire what what.
Old 30-Jun-2014, 20:03   #87
Inertiaman
Man if we restart the empire lets kick off by annexing somewhere less shite.
Old 30-Jun-2014, 20:12   #88
bigdog
forum hax
Ok lets draw up a wish list of desirable countries to "pacify".
Old 30-Jun-2014, 20:17   #89
Inertiaman
Like, the whole of the Azores because Portugal really doesn't appreciate it and then Argentina because it's really pretty and will totally wind them up.
Old 30-Jun-2014, 20:20   #90
Nomad
i fear no midget
Nomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond repute
france

Last edited by Nomad; 30-Jun-2014 at 20:23.

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Tags
goosecunt0r, kreiger!!!, more eja sex references, not been laid in a decade