trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Old 24-Nov-2015, 14:41   #121
popej
topicophiliac
popej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.theguardian.com/world/liv...b00f67a4bed947

Oh dear

Putin:

"Do they want to make Nato serve ISIS? I understand that every state has its own regional interests and we’ve always respected that, but we will never allow the kind of crime that happened to today to take place. And of course we hope that the international community will find the strength to come together and fight against the common evil."

edit: To be honest I think the correct response here is for the other NATO countries to slap Turkey on the wrist and make them grovel. This is an escalation too far and if the USA comes out and defends Turkey's actions then I don't even want to think where this will go.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... [contemptuous laugh] Titans on fire off the shoulder of YZ-LQL. I watched tachyons (tech 2) glitter in the dark near the NOL-M9 Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [small cough] tears... in... rain. Time... to die..."

Last edited by popej; 24-Nov-2015 at 14:46.
 gobrun 
Old 24-Nov-2015, 14:45   #122
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Haha he doesn't like it up him.
Old 24-Nov-2015, 14:49   #123
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Even if the plane had strayed into Turkish airspace, there was no need to shoot it down.
cunning-stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Nov-2015, 14:53   #124
devs
Devtard Strikes Again
Tournaments Won: 1
devs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond repute
to be ignored 10 times though and not knowing the intention of the plane, I guess they felt nervous.

What language do they communicate in though? English?
Old 24-Nov-2015, 16:20   #125
GroovYF
Octave Doctor
GroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond repute
I'm certain the phrase "GTFO" is pretty universal.
Old 24-Nov-2015, 16:26   #126
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunning-stunt View Post
Even if the plane had strayed into Turkish airspace, there was no need to shoot it down.
The russians have been at it constantly. Fuck em and their knob waving.
Old 24-Nov-2015, 17:22   #127
leady
click here to reset post count
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
The problem is that Russia for all its faults has a tendency to follow up its nob waving with a good f**king. I suspect that some nice hardware for causing Turkey issues may fall into the hands of the PKK...
Old 24-Nov-2015, 17:34   #128
Inertiaman
Great Turkey can use the massive pile of Russian shit they already own to fend it off. Seriously though, you're the endlessly ruthless political pragmatist aren't you? This sort of thing is the cost of doing business the way Russia have right? They're too used to pissing around on the borders of countries that ignore them like the UK and Sweden. they've found someone who gives less shits about their provocative Maskirovka antics.

Last edited by Inertiaman; 24-Nov-2015 at 17:36.
Old 24-Nov-2015, 17:50   #129
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
Turkey is the one of the biggest importers of American arms not Russian.In 2013 it imported just shy of 2.5 billion worth of goods. It has a small amount of Russian light weaponry and a couple of hundred old Russian APC's the rest is all Western tech

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

1.To perform an amazing act without witness.
2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.

Last edited by Ashen; 24-Nov-2015 at 17:54.
Old 24-Nov-2015, 17:50   #130
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertiaman View Post
The russians have been at it constantly. Fuck em and their knob waving.
I agree, but everyone knows what Russia are in that area for, and there's no way they were going to attack Turkey.
Old 24-Nov-2015, 17:51   #131
leady
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
I am pragmatic enough to not blow a single stray Russian jet out of the sky on the edge of my border during an international shit storm certainly. I can't say i'm overly enamoured of a NATO member antagonising the Russian bear over something so meaningless - I've seen Threads !
Old 24-Nov-2015, 17:55   #132
Inertiaman
It's obviously not meaningless to the people who matter.
Old 24-Nov-2015, 18:36   #133
leady
Its the fact that Turkeys reaction matters that concerns me

Back in the 80s when 20m able bodied Turks as a land force and they were militarily backed secular nation, it all made sense.
Old 24-Nov-2015, 20:08   #134
PsYcHoKiLLa
topic of the pops
PsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by popej View Post
http://www.theguardian.com/world/liv...b00f67a4bed947

Oh dear

Putin:

"Do they want to make Nato serve ISIS? I understand that every state has its own regional interests and we’ve always respected that, but we will never allow the kind of crime that happened to today to take place. And of course we hope that the international community will find the strength to come together and fight against the common evil."

edit: To be honest I think the correct response here is for the other NATO countries to slap Turkey on the wrist and make them grovel. This is an escalation too far and if the USA comes out and defends Turkey's actions then I don't even want to think where this will go.
If I remember correctly they weren't exactly helpful or forthcoming with assistance when a plane full of civilians was shot down in Ukraine where rebels, who (obviously) had no funding or armaments from Russia at all, were fighting.

Why should they expect any understanding, assistance or "strength" now?
Old 24-Nov-2015, 21:32   #135
leady
The difference (and its a big difference) is that Turkey is a NATO country, Ukraine is not. No one is suggesting we offer any of those emotions to Russia (lets be honest they won't care), just save shooting down Russian planes for when you really want to do it.

Knowing how cynical Putin is I could almost imagine him ordering this, i.e. to get shot down by a trigger happy Turkey to destabilize NATO further.
Old 25-Nov-2015, 01:47   #136
andy
aka milk!
andy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond repute
Ignoring the cause for a moment, only savages shoot a man in a parachute.
Old 25-Nov-2015, 07:46   #137
The Big Kahuna
**** off Lester
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Ignoring the cause for a moment, only savages shoot a man in a parachute.
Or behead people. Or set them on fire. Or squish them with tanks. Or stone women to death for getting raped.

And you were expecting what?
Old 25-Nov-2015, 09:35   #138
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
Shooting/killing pilots who have ejected and parachuting to the ground is a war crime under Protocol 1, Article 42 of the Geneva Convention.

https://www.icrc.org/ihl/INTRO/470

If they are on the ground and attempting to escape or shooting at you then that's different.

As for what Russia is going to do to Turkey, my money would be cutting of the gas supply. Just like they just did to Ukraine. Russia supplies over 50% of the natural gas to Turkey and it's pretty cold over there in winter.
Old 25-Nov-2015, 09:42   #139
The Big Kahuna
**** off Lester
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGrin View Post
Shooting/killing pilots who have ejected and parachuting to the ground is a war crime under Protocol 1, Article 42 of the Geneva Convention.
Again, what's your point? Everybody knows the above, but small bands of guerilla fighters in the mountains aren't going to give a shit about the Geneva Convention, so why bring it up?
Old 25-Nov-2015, 09:49   #140
Hot Soup
Tournaments Won: 1
Hot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond repute
Particularly if it's one of the groups that the Russki's were bombing , I can't see them ever not trying to get the pilots. I honestly don't see anything more serious occurring , Russia has been taking the piss with it fly by's and buzzing peoples air space with fighters and bombers . Equally if it's true the plane was only in Turkish airspace for 20 odd seconds and was on the way out then severely OTT from Turkey , but it may make the Russians think again before being quite as silly as they have been....

Why'd you open your bong hole you smelly hippy? You'd sacrifice a beautiful woman to save a moderately attractive monkey?

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Hot Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Nov-2015, 09:57   #141
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
We need a UN mandate to 'go to war' otherwise it's not legal. Stupid shit like the complete disregard for the rules of war helps push the UN in that direction.

If the UN passes such a resolution allowing full scale military action (usually under the guise of 'peacekeeping') against ISIS then politically it gets far easier (for any country) to get involved up to and including boots on the ground. Further more the UN peacekeeping forces stick around until the job is actually done, rebuilding after the fact (something they are reasonably good at after lots of practice in Africa).

These are points coalition forces have failed at previously in our adventures in the middle east.
Old 25-Nov-2015, 10:12   #142
The Big Kahuna
**** off Lester
I just want to know what they think they can do against hundreds of small, separate bands of guerillas living in caves. It's not like some general can say "ooh look, a tank brigade, go destroy it". They're going to be up against the same logistical nightmare that the Americans had in Vietnam, where it's piss-easy to take a hill, but you can't keep it, and 5 minutes after you've left, the little fuckers are back.
Old 25-Nov-2015, 10:15   #143
The Big Kahuna
**** off Lester
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGrin View Post
Stupid shit like the complete disregard for the rules of war helps push the UN in that direction
ISIS have been disregarding the "rules of war" since day one. It's only now, when various leaders see a way to score political points, that they want to go to war.

Leave the twats to it, there's no reason for us to get involved in something that wasn't our fucking business in the first place.

Again.

Last edited by The Big Kahuna; 25-Nov-2015 at 11:46.
 Niq-Scott 
Old 25-Nov-2015, 10:39   #144
stepper
post haste
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
It will become our business as soon as they launch a terrorist attack in the UK. Hence the pressure to deal with it now, rather than after the fact.

When boots are on the ground it would be nothing like Vietnam, ISIS have no where near the numbers the Vietcong had.
"I'm not getting out of bed until I get fucked!" - Marcus Antonius, 31 BC
Old 25-Nov-2015, 11:00   #145
Orange
please find me real friends
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Talk to me about this "dealing with it" thing, you're a bit vague around the edges.
Old 25-Nov-2015, 11:00   #146
Inertiaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepper View Post
It will become our business as soon as they launch a terrorist attack in the UK. Hence the pressure to deal with it now, rather than after the fact.

When boots are on the ground it would be nothing like Vietnam, ISIS have no where near the numbers the Vietcong had.
No it'll be like Iraq.
Old 25-Nov-2015, 11:03   #147
Inertiaman
From;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34917485

Quote:
But he said the incident pointed to an "ongoing problem" with Russian action in Syria, saying if Russia had been targeting IS, rather than "moderate" Syrian opposition forces, such incidents would be unlikely.
There you have it. Russia are doing what we all know they're doing which is massacre Assad's opposition. I know there's a seriously grey area there but I'm prepared to take Turkey's opinion on the difference.
Old 25-Nov-2015, 11:18   #148
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
According to Sky, one of the pilots has been rescued.
Old 25-Nov-2015, 11:46   #149
The Big Kahuna
**** off Lester
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepper View Post
ISIS have no where near the numbers the Vietcong had.
I'd appreciate a link to your source for the precise troop numbers. Or was that a guess?
Old 25-Nov-2015, 11:59   #150
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
CIA estimate was 20-35k in 2014. Still cant believe that at one point just under 1k of the fuckers routed 30k Iraq troops
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/11/wo...raq/index.html

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

1.To perform an amazing act without witness.
2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.

Last edited by Ashen; 25-Nov-2015 at 12:07.

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Tags
goosecunt0r