trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Old 26-Aug-2015, 09:25   #91
Orange
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Since 2008 we're about par with Germany, ahead of France and the PIGS, and lagging behind Canada (no financial crisis of any substance) and the U.S. (massive stimulus through shale). At the moment we're probably growing a bit slower than the U.S., and meaningfully better than the rest of EU. Wage growth and productivity remains the big unanswered questions.
Old 26-Aug-2015, 09:28   #92
Orange
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
All of which is fairly unspectacular, but the left promised disaster and set a very low benchmark...
Old 26-Aug-2015, 10:02   #93
NWA
Fish Schnapps
NWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
Since 2008 we're about par with Germany, ahead of France and the PIGS, and lagging behind Canada (no financial crisis of any substance) and the U.S. (massive stimulus through shale). At the moment we're probably growing a bit slower than the U.S., and meaningfully better than the rest of EU. Wage growth and productivity remains the big unanswered questions.
I hadn't really looked into our recovery much of late so I stand corrected on the real GDP front. However, as you know it is only one measure of a healthy economy and without wage growth / productivity rising (funny how if you pay for shit you get shit isn't it?) it is indicative of 2 things: the rich getting richer and the speculative sectors doing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryBaby
If Rooney kicks a ball at the World Cup then I will eat my underpants
Send a message via ICQ to NWA Send a message via MSN to NWA
Old 26-Aug-2015, 11:47   #94
leady
lock my threads
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
Its not ideal, but then inflation is 0% and potentially dipping negative with oil pricing. Then again a great lump of the GDP growth is net immigration (about half I imagine) , GDP per capita is far less healthy and that's more important to the individual.

On a secondary note, its good that Corbyn is opening the door to segregation - he needs some media training (eat my pun)
Old 26-Aug-2015, 11:54   #95
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34060453

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labour MP Ian Austin
anyone who had supported another party should be ineligible to vote.
Can't see anything wrong with that premise at all.
Old 26-Aug-2015, 12:03   #96
leady
lock my threads
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think you can change your voting AGM procedures during the actual event though, even if in the long term you might want to. Also its completely self reported and bars true party changers which I suspect is also discriminatory and possibly illegal
Old 26-Aug-2015, 13:01   #97
Hot Soup
lock my threads
Tournaments Won: 1
Hot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertiaman View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34060453

Can't see anything wrong with that premise at all.
Ditto , doesn't seem unreasonable. They have made a bit of a bollocks of the whole thing.

Why'd you open your bong hole you smelly hippy? You'd sacrifice a beautiful woman to save a moderately attractive monkey?

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Old 26-Aug-2015, 13:19   #98
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Just to be clear, everything is wrong with that premise. It's an entirely situational response which at any other time would be a complete anathema to party democracy.
Old 26-Aug-2015, 13:28   #99
Hot Soup
lock my threads
Hot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politi...20150821101325

Christ when will they get their act together.

Why'd you open your bong hole you smelly hippy? You'd sacrifice a beautiful woman to save a moderately attractive monkey?

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Old 26-Aug-2015, 13:58   #100
Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWA View Post
I hadn't really looked into our recovery much of late so I stand corrected on the real GDP front. However, as you know it is only one measure of a healthy economy and without wage growth / productivity rising (funny how if you pay for shit you get shit isn't it?) it is indicative of 2 things: the rich getting richer and the speculative sectors doing well.
I take a slightly different approach, the very strong reduction in unemployment (8% to below 5.5%, way below EU levels) combined with limited real wage growth is consistent with an increase in the labour supply and huge spare capacity in the labour market, but that can only go on for so long. We're starting to see that now as wage growth starts to pick up. If the increase in employment comes in part because relatively low skilled or marginal workers (with low productivity) enter the labour force, then that'll have damped productivity and real wages. I think the jury is still out on whether this is a fundamental reduction in the productivity of the UK worker, but the performance this year suggests not.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "speculative sectors", but financial services have been a drag on productivity over the last 5 years while manufacturing, construction and other services have been a bit more positive.
Old 26-Aug-2015, 15:13   #101
PsYcHoKiLLa
topicophiliac
PsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Soup View Post
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politi...20150821101325

Christ when will they get their act together.
Are you being serious?! You do know Daily Mash is a spoof website? This is mega-lol worthy.

Dig the cunt up and shoot him again. Dickheads like him are why I can't buy a glock any more.
Old 26-Aug-2015, 15:41   #102
EvilGrin
account shared with 10 people
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
Rofl, I hear The Onion is a reputable news source for millennials as well. Well done Mr Soup.
Old 27-Aug-2015, 10:24   #103
Orange
This is quite good, not that the pollsters have covered themselves in glory of late. 57% of Corbynites getting their news from social media made me laugh.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/08/27...-jeremy-corby/
Old 27-Aug-2015, 11:02   #104
Hot Soup
lock my threads
On a more serious note :p

I do wonder how the polls will hold up this time, given there has been some pretty major differences in recent polling , will it be as straight forward as it appears! Genuinely curious to see how this turns out.

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Old 27-Aug-2015, 11:08   #105
Orange
I suspect this will be slightly more accurate as there's less of the embarrassed Tory phenomenon and less uncertainty about who'll actually vote (I have to assume that if you've gone to the trouble of registering you'll also go to the trouble of sending off your postal ballot).
Old 27-Aug-2015, 11:40   #106
Inertiaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
This is quite good, not that the pollsters have covered themselves in glory of late. 57% of Corbynites getting their news from social media made me laugh.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/08/27...-jeremy-corby/
Let me know how many people in general now get their news from social media and we'll talk!
Old 27-Aug-2015, 11:54   #107
Orange
32% according to the same poll
Old 27-Aug-2015, 11:59   #108
NWA
Fish Schnapps
NWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond repute
What is defined as social media? Why does it make you laugh?

Quote:
Old 27-Aug-2015, 12:06   #109
Orange
I'd guess it's in the opinion of the respondent, but I'd have interpreted it as Facebook and Twitter (and news articles linked thereof). I'm laughing because this is a repeat of the disconnect between Twitter users and the voting public that we saw in 2010 with the LibDems and Miliband in 2015, where users interpret the bash-a-Tory excitement they're reading on their Twitter feed as representative of a grand political revolution that's going to change Britain forever.
Old 27-Aug-2015, 12:14   #110
NWA
Fish Schnapps
Twitter is a massive echo chamber (Facebook slightly less so) but I'd imagine a lot of people would include aggregators such as reddit to be social media. I like reddit as a news source as the comments will often critique the story and the source. Rather like a hyperactive largely American version of these forums.

Quote:
Old 27-Aug-2015, 12:16   #111
Orange
Yep, although I don't think it's massively dissimilar. From looking at it every so often it seems like broadly lefty topics make it to the front page as news, alongside bullshit WritingPrompts and NoSleep threads that I don't understand.
Old 27-Aug-2015, 12:49   #112
leady
lock my threads
Its all driven by the need to appear to be a conspicuously better person to your peers, whereas all conservative memes are very dry and appear mean
Old 27-Aug-2015, 12:51   #113
Inertiaman
That of course plays directly to the demographic of people likely to engage in political conversation in the first place, let via social media. To wit, a heavy bias towards 20-40, male, educated etc etc. It's certainly bad science to take much from it in either direction.
Old 27-Aug-2015, 16:54   #114
EvilGrin
account shared with 10 people
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
Frankie Boyle weighs in on the subject...

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...ership-contest
Old 27-Aug-2015, 17:13   #115
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yvette Cooper, whose name sounds like something Jeremy Corbyn drove in the 1960s
Old 27-Aug-2015, 17:15   #116
Beef~
res ipsa loquitur
Beef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond repute
Best line: "Every photo of the candidates looks like the staff room of a failing comprehensive feigning amusement at being photobombed by the janitor."
Old 28-Aug-2015, 11:51   #117
milou
keeping it elderly
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Meanwhile, the centre-right squabble about whether to allow leftwing people to vote for an old leftwing man to lead an old leftwing party, or whether to allow it to be led by one of three wooden spoons with faces drawn on them that, if viewed from a certain angle, might look reassuringly like some of the people that are already in power.
Stewart Lee: http://www.theguardian.com/profile/stewart-lee
Old 28-Aug-2015, 16:32   #118
Inertiaman
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics...ent-his-rivals

Fuck me would you look at that. It's almost as if his statements aren't actually a load of conveniently reductive absolutism and are instead a position from which party and national policy can in part be informed. Sort of like a "discussion". Remember when politicians could have those publicly without twerps weaponising the logical extremes of the debate to score points?

Because I fucking don't.
Old 30-Aug-2015, 14:09   #119
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10478524.html

Tony Blair just CANT understand why people dont listen to him anymore. He has always been so trustworthy in the past!
Old 30-Aug-2015, 14:15   #120
PsYcHoKiLLa
topicophiliac
PsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10478524.html

Tony Blair just CANT understand why people dont listen to him anymore. He has always been so trustworthy in the past!
"Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics"

Wonderland, that'll be the same place where the "weapons of mass distraction", that over 100,000 people died in a futile search for, would be?

Dig the cunt up and shoot him again. Dickheads like him are why I can't buy a glock any more.

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Tags
corbynisaids, goosecunt0r, lolbour, orangefucksdeadpigstoo, rightwingragreaders, sh0ckslovesanapple