trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Films

Old 19-Dec-2015, 19:29   #1
burundi
WARNING: May contain nuts
burundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond repute
SPOILERS - Star Wars 7 Discussion - WITH SPOILERS

This is the thread for discussion of the new Star Wars film

Spoilers are welcome in here so don't read this thread unless you've already seen the film!

Carry on.
Old 19-Dec-2015, 22:17   #2
blurr
fashion victim
blurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond repute
So Rey is Luke Skywalker's daughter?
Old 19-Dec-2015, 22:57   #3
Blunteh
Return of the Colander
Blunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond repute
I figured she had to be as the island was in her mind without her realising, suggesting a deep link to Luke.
Old 19-Dec-2015, 23:02   #4
burundi
WARNING: May contain nuts
burundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond repute
That's what I was thinking but I didn't get a suggestion of it.

As good as it was, it did feel like a retread of A New Hope.
Old 19-Dec-2015, 23:57   #5
Randell
my post count gets me dates
Randell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond repute
Star wars has always been about the Skywalkers. Growing up on a desert planet, finding her force powers, being drawn by Anakins lightsaber..she has to be Lukes daughter.

Before the film began I thought Rey and Kylo might be twins. But one being a Solo and one being a Skywalker makes sense as well.

I hadnt read or reseaerched any spoilers before the film came out, so when I look back on them now, some of the speculation is way off, but some is spot on.
 Randell 
Old 20-Dec-2015, 00:34   #6
devs
Devtard Strikes Again
Tournaments Won: 1
devs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond repute
If Rey was Lukes, then who is the partner? Surely Solo would have said something to her if she was his?!?!

Im with Burundi on the thinking of it was like New Hope. Destroy a bigger Death star storyline.
Old 20-Dec-2015, 01:09   #7
Hamspoons
I love lamp
Hamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't mind her parents being characters we don't know, since it's a new story. It doesn't necessarily need to be all Skywalkers, get in some new players. Jedi's aren't supposed to have families are they? Also she was old enough to know her parents, but surprised to learn Luke Skywalker isn't a myth.

As for Han Solo, it is sad but does follow the Star Wars line of killing off fathers and father figures (seriously, don't take anyone under your wing in that universe). Wonder if that was part of convincing Harrison Ford to come back. He's been wanting to kill him off since Empire. He's 73 and notoriously grumpy but has been much more engaged for the past year on the promotion circuit. Might have been easier for them to say "Come on Harrison, just put on the smiles and play along for a year, then you're done. You won't have to do it anymore". Might have been a bit harder to do if it was "Urgh, 8 more years of this shit".

Main disappointment though is that he's always been the series MVP. Charismatic, funny, everyone loves him. Hopefully the new cast can reach those same levels.

Also, nice cameo has been revealed. Turns out Daniel Craig was the stormtrooper that Rey uses the force on

Last edited by Hamspoons; 20-Dec-2015 at 01:14.
Old 20-Dec-2015, 03:12   #8
Orange
goal... post
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
I thought it was amazing, but I was looking forward to Fisher, Hamil and Ford on screen together. Can't really argue, the Hans death scene was great.
Old 20-Dec-2015, 09:25   #9
Blunteh
Return of the Colander
Blunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond reputeBlunteh has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazwankle View Post

Also, nice cameo has been revealed. Turns out Daniel Craig was the stormtrooper that Rey uses the force on
Simon Pegg's another cameo, the fat headed fella that Finn leaves with to get to the outer rim.

I thought is was amazing too... I nearly popped with tingly excitement when the x-wings came storming in over the lake ! I was 10 years old again Also had to bite my lip to hold back a tear at the final scene.

Last edited by Blunteh; 20-Dec-2015 at 09:29.
Old 20-Dec-2015, 10:58   #10
Randell
Randell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunteh View Post
Simon Pegg's another cameo, the fat headed fella that Finn leaves with to get to the outer rim.

I thought is was amazing too... I nearly popped with tingly excitement when the x-wings came storming in over the lake ! I was 10 years old again Also had to bite my lip to hold back a tear at the final scene.
Pegg is the alien on Jakku that Rey trades scrap with for food.
 Randell 
Old 20-Dec-2015, 11:03   #11
Randell
Quote:
Originally Posted by devs View Post
If Rey was Lukes, then who is the partner? Surely Solo would have said something to her if she was his?!?!

Im with Burundi on the thinking of it was like New Hope. Destroy a bigger Death star storyline.
She was left on Jakku when she was young, we don't how long Han had been estranged from Leia. There is no reason to assume Han would recognise her. At this point in the story why do we need to know who the mother is?
 Randell 
Old 20-Dec-2015, 12:12   #12
Hamspoons
I love lamp
Hamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond reputeHamspoons has a reputation beyond repute
I dunno, if she is Luke's or Han's or Leia's and they were trying to hide her, I can't see those characters abandoning their child on a desert planet with someone she has to pay to eat. No royal or happy family adoption for this one! Life of solitude for you.

Hope we haven't seen the last of the Raid actors either. Bit disappointed they only got a couple of lines. Fingers crossed they get to show off some of their martial arts skillz in later ones.
Old 20-Dec-2015, 13:37   #13
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
God the scene with the x-wings swooping into safe Han on Maz's planet made my geek meter explode had a massive grin on my face. The final scene made it for me the look on Luke's face with the realization his time had come again to return to the galaxy at large, pure devastation etched on his face and the look of hope and necessity from Rey.

Thank fuck they did not kill off any the bad guys found the relationship, between Hux and Kylo to be interesting and hope they expand on it further.

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

1.To perform an amazing act without witness.
2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.
Old 20-Dec-2015, 15:16   #14
Blunteh
Return of the Colander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randell View Post
Pegg is the alien on Jakku that Rey trades scrap with for food.
Yeah just found out I was wrong from a friend... The scrap dealer is also apparently the person holding Rey's hand in her flashback (where her family left). So I'm told anyway
Old 20-Dec-2015, 15:28   #15
Scorpius
Spilling Campion 2008
Scorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond repute
i think she is the daughter of obi wan.
Send a message via MSN to Scorpius  g1ausbaltar 
Old 20-Dec-2015, 15:35   #16
blurr
fashion victim
blurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond repute
I thoroughly enjoyed the film, but there were two niggly things...

Every time General Hux came on screen I couldn't help think of Harry Potter. In my opinion he was somewhat miscast.

Also Snoke looked like he had just came from the set of LOTR or The Hobbit.
Old 20-Dec-2015, 19:15   #17
Blunteh
Return of the Colander
Agreed on Snoke...
Old 20-Dec-2015, 22:42   #18
Xivo
postaholic
Xivo has a reputation beyond reputeXivo has a reputation beyond reputeXivo has a reputation beyond reputeXivo has a reputation beyond reputeXivo has a reputation beyond reputeXivo has a reputation beyond reputeXivo has a reputation beyond reputeXivo has a reputation beyond reputeXivo has a reputation beyond reputeXivo has a reputation beyond reputeXivo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
i think she is the daughter of obi wan.
I'm guessing that's a troll post ?
With Obi being dead and all.
Old 20-Dec-2015, 23:23   #19
devs
Devtard Strikes Again
Tournaments Won: 1
devs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond repute
Obi Wan learnt about Eternal life or something didnt he? Attack of Clones, Yoda taught him. He impregnates someone from his ghostly body form.
Old 20-Dec-2015, 23:48   #20
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xivo View Post
I'm guessing that's a troll post ?
With Obi being dead and all.
Actually its quite a popular idea, you can hear both versions of obi wan talk to her in her flash back. She could be a grandchild of his.

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.
Old 21-Dec-2015, 00:28   #21
Xivo
postaholic
Xivo has a reputation beyond reputeXivo has a reputation beyond reputeXivo has a reputation beyond reputeXivo has a reputation beyond reputeXivo has a reputation beyond reputeXivo has a reputation beyond reputeXivo has a reputation beyond reputeXivo has a reputation beyond reputeXivo has a reputation beyond reputeXivo has a reputation beyond reputeXivo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen View Post
Actually its quite a popular idea, you can hear both versions of obi wan talk to her in her flash back. She could be a grandchild of his.
Grandchild is plausible yes, but not his daughter
I still think she's Lukes.
Old 21-Dec-2015, 09:39   #22
ReichSteadyCrew
post count reset at 9999
ReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by blurr View Post
Also Snoke looked like he had just came from the set of LOTR or The Hobbit.
Because he was played by Andy Serkis or just looked like one of the LOTR/Hobbit characters? Serious question btw.
Old 21-Dec-2015, 09:47   #23
[RaG]Ethel
Alfa Male
[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute
I bet he's like 3foot 6 when we meet him too

</thegreatoz>
Old 21-Dec-2015, 13:41   #24
Blunteh
Return of the Colander
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReichSteadyCrew View Post
Because he was played by Andy Serkis or just looked like one of the LOTR/Hobbit characters? Serious question btw.
For me the face was very Gollum. But then so are a few Orcs in the LOTR series, like the technology used leads to a certain look.
Old 21-Dec-2015, 21:06   #25
Scorpius
Spilling Campion 2008
Scorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond repute
Looking back now i enjoyed it but at the time...not so. i felt it was just a rehash of "A new hope"
desert character,check,
droid lost in desert on a secret mission..check
daring escape from said desert planet..check
death star mk 3..check..blown up by x-wing through a trench,..check.
old wise character bites it check.
character realises they are force sensitive ..check
Send a message via MSN to Scorpius  g1ausbaltar 
Old 21-Dec-2015, 21:20   #26
Randell
Yeah but that's all done with such style and verve I don't care. I even enjoy that its a rehash of ANH for a new generation.
 Randell 
Old 21-Dec-2015, 22:18   #27
Orange
goal... post
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Wot Randall said.
Old 21-Dec-2015, 22:19   #28
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randell View Post
Yeah but that's all done with such style and verve I don't care. I even enjoy that its a rehash of ANH for a new generation.
Feel the same

Quote:
to Ashen [ash-en]

Old 22-Dec-2015, 01:13   #29
Dave
Yea, theres a mod for that
Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond repute
Quality film 10/10 for me, there was bits where you think youve seen this before.

But it didnt take anything from the film at all, kept you watching from beginning to end.
 manc2009   HeinzeFritzel   250 834 764 
Old 22-Dec-2015, 20:35   #30
blurr
fashion victim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReichSteadyCrew View Post
Pretty much what Blunteh pointed out. The whole CGI and facial features looked very LOTR/Hobbit.

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Films

Tags
fuck off devs, goosecunt0r, worse than firefly