trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Old 30-Jan-2017, 12:47   #61
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Did you see that when Kim Kardashian tweeted it?
So right speaking of Kim - let's get to the bottom of this - are you actually saying that this measure will reduce harm to Americans by dint of halting extremists at the border?
Old 30-Jan-2017, 12:50   #62
NWA
Fish Schnapps
NWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not sure but I think his point is that Trump was elected on a platform so his application of policy based on that platform should be blamed on the electorate no matter how impractical the application is (let alone bigoted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryBaby
If Rooney kicks a ball at the World Cup then I will eat my underpants
Send a message via ICQ to NWA Send a message via MSN to NWA
Old 30-Jan-2017, 12:51   #63
andy
aka milk!
andy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond repute
No. I have no idea. I suspect neither do you.

You keep assuming my position because I'm not singing to your tune. It's really rather frustrating.

I don't agree with the EO, I doubt it will make any meaningful change, but I recognise that discriminatory policies on immigration were already in place and will continue to be in place, just as cunning stunts image is accurate in reality. Trump is correct in diagnosing America's problems, but his cures are not necessarily that.

Last edited by andy; 30-Jan-2017 at 12:54.
Old 30-Jan-2017, 12:55   #64
Beef~
res ipsa loquitur
Beef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's one thing to put in place a manifesto commitment but there's a fundamental question of competence which regardless of politics is an entirely legitimate criticism. Obviously no forethought was given to how the executive order would be implemented in practice or to its legality.
Old 30-Jan-2017, 12:56   #65
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not Andy - if I'm honest I think your position started out as basically trolling people for liberals and objecting to Trump's nonsense by way of support of his intent regardless of your actual opinion, then finding yourself having waded too far out and having to watch him make exactly the farce of it that we all said he would whilst pretend you still have respect for his mandate.
Old 30-Jan-2017, 13:03   #66
andy
aka milk!
andy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond repute
OK you can interpret my motivations how you wish - you're free to do that.

Beef: I agree with that. As I said earlier the one criticism of this that can be levelled is the atrocious implementation. The confusion over whether it affected permanent residents was unacceptable and should have been clear from the wording - no doubt it would have been had he involved his lawyers. As to its legality, as far as I understand - though happy to be corrected - that's still open for debate, but there's plenty of legislation out there that's is only quashed after implementation, and that's the role of the supreme court if necessary.
Old 30-Jan-2017, 13:10   #67
Inertiaman
I'm happy to move on and am genuinely interested to have you frame Trump's diagnosis of America's problems as someone with a different perspective. His take is not something I've been able to personally understand or reconcile with fact.
Old 30-Jan-2017, 13:21   #68
NWA
Fish Schnapps
NWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond repute
Trying to reconcile any policy created by that orange man-baby with fact rather than right wing feels is only going to lead to lunacy.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...bias-of-facts/ different topic but an insight to the mindset.

Quote:
Old 30-Jan-2017, 14:26   #69
andy
aka milk!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertiaman View Post
I'm happy to move on and am genuinely interested to have you frame Trump's diagnosis of America's problems as someone with a different perspective. His take is not something I've been able to personally understand or reconcile with fact.
When I have a bit more time happy to
Old 30-Jan-2017, 15:40   #70
Ferg
Default Title Here
Ferg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond repute
Does America have a terrorism problem, or are Trumps Terrorists the same as Bush's WMD's?
Old 30-Jan-2017, 15:47   #71
Orange
goal... post
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
If the US has a terrorist problem, then they definitely have an armed toddlers problem.
Old 30-Jan-2017, 16:14   #72
Inertiaman
Not to mention the perils of a well kept lawn.
Old 30-Jan-2017, 16:17   #73
NWA
Fish Schnapps
The vast majority of terrorist acts that kills Americans are perpetrated by their right wing countrymen too.

Quote:

Last edited by NWA; 30-Jan-2017 at 16:44.
Old 30-Jan-2017, 16:45   #74
NWA
Fish Schnapps

Heh.

Quote:
Old 30-Jan-2017, 17:08   #75
NWA
Fish Schnapps
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Likewise if we're into semantics it's not a ban, but a temporary suspension . He's extended the policy put in place by the previous administration - of course I acknowledge that it's broader in scope, but what I am expressing is that the underlying policy was already there. This cannot be considered in isolation.

I suspect the EO will be pretty useless in all truth, but contrary to Nersh's view of my position I'm not trying to defend it, just put it into some context and recognise that he's largely been elected to be tough on immigration.
Not that it is at all important really other than to correct the misinformation spread by Trumpettes in response to this atrocious executive order, but it turns out I had been misinformed and there was never even a suspension for Iraqi refugees, just that the identification of 2 refugees being involved with al Qaeda meant that Iraqi refugees were re-vetted and new refugees were put through increased vetting, which logistically resulted in a period of about 6 months where the number of Iraqi refugees lowered (but never went down to 0 or a suspension)...

Quote:
Old 30-Jan-2017, 17:14   #76
Ferg
Default Title Here
Ferg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond repute
Trumps Twitter (really not sure about the legality of him using his personal twitter, it'd be amusing if they archived it when his term is up):
Quote:
Only 109 people out of 325,000 were detained and held for questioning. Big problems at airports were caused by Delta computer outage, protesters and the tears of Senator Schumer. Secretary Kelly said that all is going well with very few problems. MAKE AMERICA SAFE AGAIN!
What's the truth here?
Old 30-Jan-2017, 17:34   #77
NWA
Fish Schnapps
Not sure what point he is trying to address with those tweets, it's essentially just a load of dissembling from the real consequences of his idiocy.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/30/po...ion/index.html

Quote:
Old 30-Jan-2017, 17:40   #78
andy
aka milk!
Here's a good summary of what was in place last year (this is posted for info, not in response to anyone's points). Source is anti discriminatory non profit hence slant:

Old 30-Jan-2017, 19:23   #79
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
This is such bullshit.

http://gizmodo.com/australian-teen-d...aus-1791770012
cunning-stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Jan-2017, 20:05   #80
NWA
Fish Schnapps
So it seems from that Andy that trump has taken the 'coulds' from a worst case envisionment of some overreaching legislation passed during Obamas tenure (though I'm unclear still as to Obamas direct involvement in the passing of this legislation) and with this EO has attempted to turn them into 'wills'.

Quote:
Old 31-Jan-2017, 06:38   #81
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Trump fires Sally Yates!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38805944

This guy can't take any criticism, and he won't have anyone working for him unless they endorse him 100%.
cunning-stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-Jan-2017, 08:19   #82
Orange
goal... post
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Awkward

https://youtu.be/-3yDjylQ5Ps
Old 31-Jan-2017, 09:29   #83
GroovYF
Octave Doctor
GroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond repute
This is an interesting read...
https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/tr...1d5#.lj55hc2cs

...especially the part about 19% of Russia's state oil company being sold to parties unknown.
Old 31-Jan-2017, 09:37   #84
Rainy
Monkeh Feel0r
Tournaments Won: 1
Rainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovYF View Post

...especially the part about 19% of Russia's state oil company being sold to parties unknown.
If any of that is true I would say it's more terrifying than interesting
 TBM Rainy 
Old 31-Jan-2017, 09:43   #85
Orange
goal... post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovYF View Post

I read that and the alternative explanation for a lot of what's described is incompetence and weakness, which I'm more inclined to believe (see the article below). The Rosneft thing is a bit far fetched.

https://tompepinsky.com/2017/01/30/w...trong-leaders/
Old 31-Jan-2017, 09:47   #86
GroovYF
Octave Doctor
GroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
I read that and the alternative explanation for a lot of what's described is incompetence and weakness, which I'm more inclined to believe (see the article below). The Rosneft thing is a bit far fetched.

https://tompepinsky.com/2017/01/30/w...trong-leaders/
Ta
Old 31-Jan-2017, 09:50   #87
andy
aka milk!
It'll be interesting seeing this polling again after the weekend, but for info:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...rrorist_havens
Old 31-Jan-2017, 09:56   #88
GroovYF
Octave Doctor
My girlfriend showed me that link yesterday, and I initially thought what the demographic of chosen voters was. You'd hope it was truly nationwide and not narrowed down to specific states with an inclination towards Trump lending it an unfair bias - though I believe such polls are legally required to cast a wide net.
Old 31-Jan-2017, 09:58   #89
Orange
goal... post
Rasmussen is a shit polling organisation, but there's better quality data that also supports the ban (like there is favouring the ACA as well...)
Old 31-Jan-2017, 10:01   #90
andy
aka milk!
It's conservative leaning, which probably explains selection. Lord Ashcroft retweeted it. I haven't seen a poll with a similar analysis yet, though suspect they'll be forthcoming.

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Tags
goosecunt0r