trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Technical > Hardware

Old 31-Jul-2007, 18:43   #1
mef
fancypants
mef has a reputation beyond reputemef has a reputation beyond reputemef has a reputation beyond reputemef has a reputation beyond reputemef has a reputation beyond reputemef has a reputation beyond reputemef has a reputation beyond reputemef has a reputation beyond reputemef has a reputation beyond reputemef has a reputation beyond reputemef has a reputation beyond repute
Laptop overheating: advice needed

I have had an HP dv6000 laptop for about 8 months now. I'm really happy with it, except for an issue of overheating.

On the back, there's a couple of fans to take the air in and send it out, obviously, which you can see here:

When I originally got my laptop, if I put it on my bed, the chances were that the quilt would block the fans and cause it to overheat and freeze my system, so I didn't do it, I kept it on flat surfaces as anyone would.

These days, it seems that my laptop can overheat on flat surfaces if kept on for long enough, which is a bit shit If you look at the fans on the picture, you'll probably notice that they loo0k a bit dusty. Is this something I can clean myself by opening the laptop? Will I void any warranty that I have by doing so?

i've googled for this issue with this type of laptop but I can't see anyone else having problems.

Thanks for any help.
Old 31-Jul-2007, 18:48   #2
Ventral
post count envy
Ventral is a name known to allVentral is a name known to allVentral is a name known to allVentral is a name known to allVentral is a name known to allVentral is a name known to all
Two words: Air Duster.
Old 31-Jul-2007, 18:57   #3
Harry Palmer
Gun nut
Harry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond repute
vacuum cleaner, but I'd use a cocktail stick or something to stop the fan turning while I did it.

Reminder: "Do not look into laser with remaining good eye."
 Lupins 

Go Back   trickery.net > Technical > Hardware