trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > General > Discussion

Old 09-Apr-2009, 11:04   #61
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlucardXI View Post
curiosity got the better of him, should have stayed away..
Because public streets containing overwhelmingly lawful protest are now off limits and result in a fatal beating?
Old 09-Apr-2009, 11:22   #62
Synbios
wuptidoo
Synbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
Sorry, but if I was in that line and saw a fellow officer do that to a member of the public, id break formation to help the guy up and put in an immediate complaint about that officer. Again, it was only ONE officer that did the pushing.
I found it a little odd that they let people rush in to help the guy, and all stood their ground. I'd have thought that they'd have attacked them, too. I'm happy they didn't, but their actions are as inconsistent as this season's Premier League refereeing.

And anyway, the IPCC shouldn't have to identify the officers in the scene, surely it's a simple case of checking with the Met who was doing what, or am I missing something? I'm glad the officer responsible for the shove has come forward but I'm struggling to figure out what good it'll do.
Old 09-Apr-2009, 11:28   #63
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
They're hoping that the glaring eye of the press will immediately fix itself on him and stop asking why there are officers with standing orders to beat down anyone within a 5 square mile area of London.

Let's be honest - he's never had a chance to put someones legs away with a truncheon - he's been trained to do it and was looking for the earliest opportunity to have a go.
Old 09-Apr-2009, 11:30   #64
Q-Target
he'll hoof you in the works
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
He was a member of the Territorial Support Group so it is entirely likely that he has had plenty of opportunities to use his baton in the past. It's basically a bunch of rozzers in a van spoiling for a ruck.
Old 09-Apr-2009, 11:38   #65
AlucardXI
I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN!
AlucardXI has a reputation beyond reputeAlucardXI has a reputation beyond reputeAlucardXI has a reputation beyond reputeAlucardXI has a reputation beyond reputeAlucardXI has a reputation beyond reputeAlucardXI has a reputation beyond reputeAlucardXI has a reputation beyond reputeAlucardXI has a reputation beyond reputeAlucardXI has a reputation beyond reputeAlucardXI has a reputation beyond reputeAlucardXI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertiaman View Post
Because public streets containing overwhelmingly lawful protest are now off limits and result in a fatal beating?
not really and "fatal beating" is a bit much. from what i know they're reserved for blacks and "rag-heads".

if i was in his shoes i would have taken a quick look around me, seen protesters antagonising the police and said "fuck that" turned around and found another way home.

Warning; Pedobear has been known to engage in questionable behavior in the presence of children.

Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a bus. -- Ricky, age 10
Old 09-Apr-2009, 11:45   #66
Inertiaman
Protestors antagonising the police or police antagonising the protestors? Honestly it's a bit depressing how many people seem to buy straight into the met line that every last protestor was a troublemaker. Most of those groups are inherently totally passive and went just to have their say and have it loud. Kahuna even managed to use the term hippy in the same sentence as stating that they're out for violent ends. It doesn't make any damn sense.
Old 09-Apr-2009, 11:48   #67
Inertiaman
And "finding another way home" in that guys case would have meant a 2 mile detour by the looks of ther area the police were making impassable.
Old 09-Apr-2009, 11:49   #68
AlucardXI
I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN!
AlucardXI has a reputation beyond reputeAlucardXI has a reputation beyond reputeAlucardXI has a reputation beyond reputeAlucardXI has a reputation beyond reputeAlucardXI has a reputation beyond reputeAlucardXI has a reputation beyond reputeAlucardXI has a reputation beyond reputeAlucardXI has a reputation beyond reputeAlucardXI has a reputation beyond reputeAlucardXI has a reputation beyond reputeAlucardXI has a reputation beyond repute
Can only go on what I've seen in the news and what it showed me were people throwing bottles at the police while they’re trying to offer medical assistance.

I'm not tarring the lot of them as cunts, it’s the same with any group.
A few bad apples spoil it for everyone else.

Warning; Pedobear has been known to engage in questionable behavior in the presence of children.

Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a bus. -- Ricky, age 10
Old 09-Apr-2009, 11:51   #69
Synbios
wuptidoo
Synbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to beholdSynbios is a splendid one to behold
Most protests are peaceful, and even the exception only usually has a minority who cause violence, be it justified or otherwise.

Must be a bit galling to be voicing your opinions peacefully and be categorised as a troublemaker.

As for the bottle incident, I'm wondering how far off the thrower was. Could (s)he see anything except fluorescent jackets? I know it doesn't excuse the act but did the guilty party know there was an injured citizen or was throwing missiles the only important thing on their mind?

Last edited by Synbios; 09-Apr-2009 at 11:53.
Old 09-Apr-2009, 11:51   #70
Q-Target
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
If you listen to the rather tinny sound on that particular bit of footage you can clearly hear someone in the crowd berating the bottle thrower.

Last edited by Q-Target; 09-Apr-2009 at 13:21. Reason: cloud? cloud? wtf? CROWD!
Old 09-Apr-2009, 11:53   #71
Inertiaman
And I suspect they were throwing bottles because they'd just seen said police BEAT THE BLOKE TO THE FLOOR. Honestly I do wonder if I get a special news channel at home where everything to do with the met is obviously and clearly fucked.
Old 09-Apr-2009, 11:58   #72
AlucardXI
I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN!
Can I have the video where he's "beaten" please?

The only ones I’ve seen are the initial leg sweep/push and the one a couple of minutes later where he's on the ground after walking away.

Old 09-Apr-2009, 12:00   #73
Inertiaman
Erm. As you clearly can't be fucked to even read this thread I don't think there's much point reposting the vid in question.
Old 09-Apr-2009, 13:06   #74
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Target View Post
Without footage of how he came to be so close to the police line and what happened in the minutes prior to it as well as what was going on behind the camera, this is all hearsay based on some largely out of context video(s). He seems to be walking slowly minding his own business BUT if you were to trace his steps backwards from the path he was walking he'd have to have passed through some parked bicycles or climbed over them. In short, there's clearly more to this than meets the eye...transformers?
But if he had done something to upset or annoy them earlier on, why hadnt they reacted then? If he had done something illegal, they should have arrested him there and then, not stalk him and push him in the back.

Theres a lot we cant see or hear in the video. He mightve been walking along singing "Youre all a bunch of wankers", but that doesnt give them the right to lay hands on him. Whatever this guy did, if anything at all, the resultant push was unneccessary and dispropportionate.
Old 09-Apr-2009, 13:17   #75
Synbios
wuptidoo
I would like to add that as regards the bottle incident, all I saw of it was the police stood around the bloke laid on the floor and the bottle flying in. Unfortunately I didn't have the sound up and I didn't see all of the clip as I was getting ready for work at the time. My apologies
Old 09-Apr-2009, 13:23   #76
Q-Target
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
But if he had done something to upset or annoy them earlier on, why hadnt they reacted then? If he had done something illegal, they should have arrested him there and then, not stalk him and push him in the back.

Theres a lot we cant see or hear in the video. He mightve been walking along singing "Youre all a bunch of wankers", but that doesnt give them the right to lay hands on him. Whatever this guy did, if anything at all, the resultant push was unneccessary and dispropportionate.
Fair enough but consider this possible scenario: if he'd already been sauntering along while they tried to clear that side street and been told to get a move on and was purposefully going slowly then they may have had cause to "push" him along. It's a bit of a stretch to also give him a whack to the hamstrings as well as a push, but this is what I'm getting at with my point about us not having seen the preceding events.
Old 09-Apr-2009, 13:28   #77
funkeh
Knerps for moisture...
funkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond repute
The slovenly twat deserved a good kicking imo, stand up straight ffs!!

/runs for the hills
Old 09-Apr-2009, 13:29   #78
Dogma
Like a boss.
Dogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond reputeDogma has a reputation beyond repute
'Death Push' sounds like a quality Asian film title.
 LAV3R__   LAV3R 
Old 09-Apr-2009, 13:30   #79
Nomad
i fear no midget
Nomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond repute
true
we weren't there, we can only guess as to the guys prior innocence as all media shown can have spin on it, today's bigbro and mobile camera society means most things can be captured and taken out of context, the cops were having a stressy day to be fair but
whacking him on the back of the legs first was excessive when he is not threatening them shoving him when his hands are in his pockets virtually guarantees he's going to go arse over tit were both out-of-order no matter what he was saying to them at that point. previous behaviour was previous, he wasn't a danger to the cops at that instant
Old 09-Apr-2009, 15:05   #80
Inertiaman
Making claims about his innocence implies that he did something illegal prior to the event. I would love to know, beyond "walking", what anyone is suggesting that was.
Old 09-Apr-2009, 15:09   #81
Jamey
The swagger of a cripple
Jamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe he had a bomb?
Old 09-Apr-2009, 15:10   #82
Q-Target
He wasn't brown enough.
Old 09-Apr-2009, 15:10   #83
Napoleon
8===D~~~
Napoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond repute
imo his "innocence" or otherwise is completely moot. Even if he had just murdered someone off camera it wouldn't justify the policeman assaulting him since his assault is completely devoid of purpose other than to harm the man. He's not trying to move him along (or he wouldn't have done his best to make sure the man fell to the ground), he's not trying to subdue him (he's walking with his hands in his pockets, nothing really to be subdued from), and he's not trying to arrest him. He's just attacking him.
Old 09-Apr-2009, 15:11   #84
mope
founder of the +1 forum
mope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like they just brought forward the inevitable. Who other than turtles die when they are pushed over.
 mopeh 
Old 09-Apr-2009, 15:12   #85
Q-Target
Pensioners.
Old 09-Apr-2009, 15:12   #86
Q-Target
Humpty Dumpty.
Old 09-Apr-2009, 15:16   #87
Napoleon
8===D~~~
Napoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mope View Post
Sounds like they just brought forward the inevitable. Who other than turtles die when they are pushed over.
Except he also hit him with a fucking police baton, and apparently before the video he'd already been pushed over and struck twice while on the ground with a baton. Really boils my piss cunts trying to make light of this, sure you'd be laughing if police did over one of yours.
Old 09-Apr-2009, 15:19   #88
Q-Target
"One of mine" wouldn't be shuffling like a tard near a police line at a demonstration that was "expected to be heated" (not a direct quote from anywhere but I'm sure you'd find it if you googled it). I'm not defending the ruck-thirsty rozzer in the slightest, he was the bigger tard by a significant margin.
Old 09-Apr-2009, 15:21   #89
mope
founder of the +1 forum
mope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
Really boils my piss cunts trying to make light of this, sure you'd be laughing if police did over one of yours.
If you want to be offended, see the Jade Goody thread.
 mopeh 
Old 09-Apr-2009, 15:22   #90
Napoleon
8===D~~~
Does not compute.

Defending manslaughter by a polis < making fun of an annoying dead woman.

Go Back   trickery.net > General > Discussion

Tags
911 is jokes, get nap a tissue ffs, he fell down the stairs, open it in notepad, spank me spank me, yer maw