trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

View Poll Results: Should the UK leave the EU?
Yes 15 15.63%
No 81 84.38%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-May-2016, 12:39   #301
Lungboy
Roboplegic Wrongcock
Lungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond repute
Old 26-May-2016, 14:37   #302
leady
reads your posts
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
1. is true enough
2 - 8 - are nonsense
9. monopoly stuff - Is very true and underplayed in the Brexit debate (probably too technical for the average voter)
10. British passport holders have always had maximum freedom to travel
11. the EUHRA is garbage and not a patch on the simplicity of the US constitution. (All the EU ones are broad guidelines not rules)
14 EU animal welfare has always been worse than our soppy country (hence the sheep truck arguments of yesteryear)
The EU funds nothing, certainly not science - it distributes the payments of the members. Arguably pooled resources make for things like the LHC
Peace in Europe is maintained by hundreds of thousands of US, UK and French troops stationed in Germany backed up by ICBMs not the EU
Old 26-May-2016, 15:32   #303
Ned
posts for a living
Tournaments Won: 1
Ned has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond repute
2 - 8. Why nonsense? I do feel the EU roaming stuff would get sorted out mind, otherwise UK would just slap massive charges on those from the EU using their phone here. Potentially not though.
10. Yep I agree with passport but we'd lose the ease of trade no?
11. Missed this one, this would be unaffected by an exit AFAIK as EUHRA is completely separate from the EU.
Old 26-May-2016, 15:33   #304
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by leady View Post
The EU funds nothing, certainly not science - it distributes the payments of the members. Arguably pooled resources make for things like the LHC
Fail harder.
Old 26-May-2016, 16:03   #305
leady
reads your posts
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
2 - 8. Why nonsense? I do feel the EU roaming stuff would get sorted out mind, otherwise UK would just slap massive charges on those from the EU using their phone here. Potentially not though.
10. Yep I agree with passport but we'd lose the ease of trade no?
11. Missed this one, this would be unaffected by an exit AFAIK as EUHRA is completely separate from the EU.
2-8 nonsense in that they are specific outcomes of the EU as opposed to stuff that would happen regardless, maybe in a different way or to greater or lesser extents, but they would happen.

I couldn't see people today accepting wading through what I suspect was mostly raw sewage to get to the sea at Ainsdale

10 - yes - but that's covered by one of the others that I think is correct rather than rhetoric
11 - aye the human rights stuff is separate and still badly formed law. Ironically I think the problem is actually the British interpretation of law through the law courts rather than the law itself. France I suspect has no issues with these things.

Not sure which part Nersh was ragging on, the idea that funding British science through the EU is on the face of it inefficient (as you would expect for any entity that takes 100 and gives you back 50) or doesn't like big expensive science like the LHC, which whilst the EU doesn't fund directly from memory naturally it enables.

Personally I'm not in the UK on voting day and I don't feel strongly enough to get a postal so...
Old 26-May-2016, 16:36   #306
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by leady View Post
2 - 8 - are nonsense
I've not read further than this, but (glibly)felt:

"We stand to gain SO MUCH from staying in the EU. "How much", you're (probably not) asking? Well, I made a convenient list for your perusal, WITH sources, so you can't be a twat and say 'you're making that up!' and froth at the mouth like a rabid cunt."
Old 26-May-2016, 16:45   #307
leady
reads your posts
There are a couple of decent points in there to be fair.

you'll also note that the remain camp doesn't point out the reality that Brexit can't reduce immigration, because immigration is required to keep the welfare state just above collapse for another couple of decades
Old 26-May-2016, 17:03   #308
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
The part where the EU doesn't fund anything but does fund things. It's semantic bollocks.
Old 26-May-2016, 17:21   #309
leady
reads your posts
nah its perspective bollocks rather than semantic unless the EU has borrowing or taxation powers I'm unaware of.
Old 26-May-2016, 17:25   #310
Inertiaman
Well speaking as someone who's successfully applied for or contributed to applications for a couple of those EU development grants I can confirm my dealings were entirely with the representatives of the EU instead of its member states.
Old 26-May-2016, 17:40   #311
leady
reads your posts
I guess the DWP is self funding then
Old 26-May-2016, 20:00   #312
Inertiaman
And I guess UK science and commerce would still have access to that funding marketplace when we leave the EU.
Old 26-May-2016, 20:09   #313
Chef_uk
bob a post week
Chef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond repute
The problem I have with that list is I bet there is equally a list of stuff the EU has given us that we don't want.

There are a lot of good points and it's probably had more of an effect on my decision than any remain campaign to date but I just know there's another list of negative points from being in the EU thus bringing me back towards the middle again
Old 26-May-2016, 22:11   #314
andy
aka milk!
andy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond repute
Irrespective of side this is fun to watch:

Or for bitesize chunks:

Last edited by andy; 26-May-2016 at 22:13.
Old 26-May-2016, 23:19   #315
Ned
posts for a living
Ned has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef_uk View Post
The problem I have with that list is I bet there is equally a list of stuff the EU has given us that we don't want.
I suspect so, although I've yet to see a list of things such as this from the leave side, backed up by any facts. Lot of the points they seem to be shouting about are not even true and seem purely to grab attention (ie. We can't have bent bananas, which is rubbish).

Very possible I've just missed any proper analysis in support of leaving amongst all the guff though.
Old 26-May-2016, 23:29   #316
Ned
posts for a living
Christ Hancock is a tool.
 neddage 
Old 27-May-2016, 10:32   #317
EvilGrin
spam isn't just for eating
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
No one has mentioned the obvious third option. Invade! We've not had an illegitimate war based on tenuous facts for a while. So what about preventing some terrorism and illegal immigration in Western Europe by occupying it with military force?
Old 27-May-2016, 11:53   #318
leady
reads your posts
Germany is already occupied, its not helping

maybe we need to extend it into France
Old 29-May-2016, 12:05   #319
Lungboy
Roboplegic Wrongcock
Lungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond repute
Over to Boris:
https://tompride.wordpress.com/2016/...boris-johnson/
Old 29-May-2016, 12:56   #320
Orange
me=post²
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Ouch, had to stop watching that Matt Hancock clip it was so awful!
Old 31-May-2016, 10:08   #321
Inertiaman
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36414761

Post-Brexit UK to feature Money Trees.
Old 31-May-2016, 13:02   #322
Orange
me=post²
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
I look forward to Johnson and Gove's continued opposition to VAT following the vote...

Amazed that Khan has the stomach to share a stage with Cameron, good on him.
Old 31-May-2016, 13:31   #323
andy
aka milk!
andy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond repute
Nah. It's only those uncle toms he has a problem with
Old 31-May-2016, 13:39   #324
Goody
bob a post week
Goody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond repute
Guess you could always directly target the poor with benefit and tax adjustment to the value of vat on electricity. Presuming leave politicians will be pushing for that post ref.
Old 31-May-2016, 14:37   #325
Ferg
Default Title Here
Ferg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond repute
Up the tax on cheap beer, that'll do it. Actually as a teetotal it sounds like a great idea to me!
Old 31-May-2016, 17:06   #326
leady
reads your posts
Beer tax I suspect is as inelastic as petrol tax

add it to VAT, the sugar tax and the national lottery and we can maximise the number of regressive tax dollars recycled through the system
Old 31-May-2016, 17:54   #327
cunning-stunt
Multifrags, esports events
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Current poll showing voters leaning towards Brexit.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...n-poll-reveals
cunning-stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-May-2016, 18:07   #328
Ned
posts for a living
Depressing
 neddage 
Old 31-May-2016, 18:13   #329
stepper
probable student
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunning-stunt View Post
Current poll showing voters leaning towards Brexit.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...n-poll-reveals
One poll contrary to many others does not mean we are leaning towards Brexit.. only that particular sample of voters are.
"I'm not getting out of bed until I get fucked!" - Marcus Antonius, 31 BC
Old 31-May-2016, 18:16   #330
Sh0cked
built in bulletin board
Sh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond repute
I use the bookies, they tend to be more accurate than polls and speak volumes about Brexit chances.
 sh0ck3d 

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Tags
14 stupid cunts!, 80 stupid cunts!, carrot returns, fuck the eu, fucking brexit idiots, spheric0ck's back !