trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

View Poll Results: Should the UK leave the EU?
Yes 15 15.63%
No 81 84.38%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-Jul-2015, 15:36   #31
Ferg
Default Title Here
Ferg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
I'm thinking that if Greece starts defaulting on its debts, Europe will start giving Cameron anything he asks for to keep us in and happy. You can already see European stances on the UK requests softening.
I know it's the DailyFail... but...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...shes-euro.html
Old 06-Sep-2015, 18:35   #32
andy
aka milk!
andy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond repute
I do wonder how this on-going migrant crisis is going to affect this referendum; if Cameron doesn't accept more migrants he's going to struggle to renegotiate anything with his EU partners. Conversely, if more migrants are accepted, there's almost certainly going to be a rise in the 'Out' vote.

What a dilemma.
Old 08-Sep-2015, 19:22   #33
Orange
posted that yesterday
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
I just read Matt Parris's column on this, his horribly Machiavellian observation was that the last week may have actually helped him:

Quote:
After that picture appeared he faced a new political problem: how to look as if he were doing something. He knows that by appearing uncooperative on the refugee crisis, he was spoiling the atmosphere for his EU renegotiation bid. Yet he's been aware of a national mood fiercely hostile to admitting thousands more migrants - of whatever sort. Appearing to cave in to the EU would have done precisely what UKIP wants: linking "Europe" with "immigration"
Old 08-Sep-2015, 19:24   #34
Orange
posted that yesterday
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
I will also say that the last couple of days has revealed a couple of old Facebook friends are (not-so-)closet far right types, which is nice.
Old 08-Sep-2015, 23:58   #35
andy
aka milk!
andy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond repute
That's also the prevailing view of the people of Westminster according to a few of my mates that work there. I can't help but think that's incredibly naiive - even with the recent announcement by Cameron on Monday we're still seen by the key EU powers as shirking it and always will be given our Schengen-free fortuitousness.

Another equally Machiavellian view that's currently out there is that we're taking (in our 20,000) the women, the children, the old and infirm - being those left behind at the refugee camps - whereas those benevolent Germans are taking all the economically productive young lads that will not only contribute to their economy but also fix their horrendous demographic problems they have going for them.

Last edited by andy; 09-Sep-2015 at 00:05.
Old 09-Sep-2015, 02:05   #36
leady
to be deleted
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Another equally Machiavellian view that's currently out there is that we're taking (in our 20,000) the women, the children, the old and infirm - being those left behind at the refugee camps - whereas those benevolent Germans are taking all the economically productive young lads that will not only contribute to their economy but also fix their horrendous demographic problems they have going for them.
hahahaha - yes thats just what happens, like the Turkish communities in Germany, the Algerians in France etc
Old 09-Sep-2015, 09:08   #37
Beef~
res ipsa loquitur
Beef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond repute
Don't think that's accurate. Refugees are generally quite expensive, with much lower rates of labour participation, except for the relatively few highly trained skilled. The €6bn which Germany just released will only cover some of the initial living costs. It will cost far more long term.
Old 09-Sep-2015, 10:05   #38
andy
aka milk!
For what it's worth I agree with you. The point being made by that view is, however, that those that have made the trip across the EU are likely to be more productive (notwithstanding their participation vis a vis the indigenous population) than those in the refugee centres. I.e. if you have to take someone..
Old 09-Sep-2015, 11:07   #39
Wilco
will post for food
Wilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
For what it's worth I agree with you. The point being made by that view is, however, that those that have made the trip across the EU are likely to be more productive (notwithstanding their participation vis a vis the indigenous population) than those in the refugee centres. I.e. if you have to take someone..
Those that have made it onto a train for the final leg across europe have shown much more initiative than those who merely trekked across the middle east, up through africa and survived a boat trip across the med which comes with a substantial risk of drowning.

Interesting logic: If you're going to force me to be altruistic, I'm going to be altruistic in a way that benefits me most!
Originally Posted by Big Brother Idiot #164
I'm not saying I'm shallow or anything, but I wouldn't bother talking to an ugly person
Old 09-Sep-2015, 11:09   #40
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
I'd say it's as likely to demonstrate who had enough money to get a boat somewhere useful, and who went to Greece or Turkey.

Either way, complete nonsense.
Old 09-Sep-2015, 11:28   #41
leady
to be deleted
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
I think it shows a disrespect for legal processes and a propensity for extreme risky and borderline Darwin award behaviours. We have people with these traits already, we even build large concrete dorms for them

I'd get the nice compliant healthy families through refugee following the rules if forced
Old 10-Dec-2015, 13:32   #42
Lungboy
Roboplegic Wrongcock
Lungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond repute
It's looking like Poland will say Nie to Cameron's plans for Europe, so where does that leave him? I can't help but feel that he has been playing the long con all the time, knowing full well that Europe would never agree to his plans and thus force him to "reluctantly" pull us out of Europe.
Old 10-Dec-2015, 14:20   #43
leady
to be deleted
Cameron is far from clever enough to have foreseen the refugee influx, the hardening of nationalist eastern regimes and the rise of right wing parties over the western EU.
Old 10-Dec-2015, 17:20   #44
NWA
Fish Schnapps
NWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond repute
I doubt Cameron wants us out of the EU. There are of course elements within his party that he must appease but I don't think he wants to be the prime minister that turns us into a hugely less attractive country for foreign investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryBaby
If Rooney kicks a ball at the World Cup then I will eat my underpants
NWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Jan-2016, 10:38   #45
Orange
posted that yesterday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lungboy View Post
It's looking like Poland will say Nie to Cameron's plans for Europe, so where does that leave him? I can't help but feel that he has been playing the long con all the time, knowing full well that Europe would never agree to his plans and thus force him to "reluctantly" pull us out of Europe.
The mood music from both Brussels and the U.K. seems to be that Cameron's going to get concessions on migrant benefits out of this and will return triumphant to London in late Feb to campaign hard to stay in. Will confess to being quite surprised as I had expected Europe to give him the big FO.
Old 20-Jan-2016, 11:23   #46
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
That certainty was built on sand it appears. As soon as Germany turns noone else is going to feel bad about it.

Last edited by Inertiaman; 20-Jan-2016 at 11:46.
Old 02-Feb-2016, 12:15   #47
andy
aka milk!
I think we should start a new referendum poll once we receive the final details of Cameron's deal with the EU, as at the moment it looks like what he's come away with is entirely worthless.
Old 02-Feb-2016, 13:53   #48
cunning-stunt
my post count gets me dates
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I think we should start a new referendum poll once we receive the final details of Cameron's deal with the EU, as at the moment it looks like what he's come away with is entirely worthless.
Did you expect anything else?
cunning-stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-Feb-2016, 15:08   #49
andy
aka milk!
I expected more when the process began but for the last couple of months (particularly since the letter to Tusk) it's been clear that what's going to come back will be of limited worth.
Old 02-Feb-2016, 15:11   #50
Orange
posted that yesterday
I felt the opposite, I thought Tusk and Cameron were stage managing the process to emphasise just how hard won the deal had been (especially once No 10 starting raising expectations, which seemed needless).
Old 02-Feb-2016, 15:14   #51
cunning-stunt
my post count gets me dates
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
I thought one of the main things he was asking for was a change in the fisheries policy? It's not even mentioned.
cunning-stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-Feb-2016, 15:45   #52
andy
aka milk!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
I felt the opposite, I thought Tusk and Cameron were stage managing the process to emphasise just how hard won the deal had been (especially once No 10 starting raising expectations, which seemed needless).
Yeah I imagine that's likely but over the last few years he made demands (internally) that are completely at odds with what has come back. Naive or otherwise, that has to hurt him, whether or not it's been stage managed, although we'll only start to see this in a couple of weeks when those ministers firmly in the Leave camp are allowed to express themselves. I also think holding the referendum in June is also slightly odd for the 'Remain' campaign considering it's likely to coincide with better weather that will enable a great number of people to make the journey through Europe.

The next few months will be interesting nonetheless.

Last edited by andy; 02-Feb-2016 at 15:49.
Old 02-Feb-2016, 16:04   #53
Orange
posted that yesterday
I think ultimately it'll be fine, the difference with the 90s is that Eurosceptic Tories actually have something to lose being dicks (so no party split), and everyone will stare over the cliff and step back prior to the referendum. Expecting sparks along the way (as long as Corbyn has the good grace not to distract them with a dreadful electoral performance come May!).
Old 02-Feb-2016, 16:12   #54
leady
to be deleted
I don't know, 6 months ago I couldn't ever see the leave vote winning because of the pure inertia to change (like jockland). Now though I think we are one crisis / incident away from it becoming a reality.
Old 02-Feb-2016, 16:27   #55
Hot Soup
to be deleted
Tournaments Won: 1
Hot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by leady View Post
I don't know, 6 months ago I couldn't ever see the leave vote winning because of the pure inertia to change (like jockland). Now though I think we are one crisis / incident away from it becoming a reality.
I disagree , despite the frothing up in the press and in the commons over some issues, I just can't see the majority voting to leave.

Why'd you open your bong hole you smelly hippy? You'd sacrifice a beautiful woman to save a moderately attractive monkey?

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Hot Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-Feb-2016, 17:33   #56
andy
aka milk!
I genuinely don't know where to call it - and it's hard to read too much into the polling data post the 2015 election cockup. I think the fear element will play a huge part in the Remain campaign and will be very influential and that's where I still think it'll end up; that being said, if the migrant crisis continues to escalate during 2016 I can see that playing a huge part.

Just realised that's a long winded way of saying I agree with leady
Old 02-Feb-2016, 17:59   #57
NWA
Fish Schnapps
NWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Just realised that's a long winded way of saying I agree with leady
Generally a place from which you should reassess your life choices :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryBaby
If Rooney kicks a ball at the World Cup then I will eat my underpants
NWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-Feb-2016, 18:02   #58
leady
to be deleted
The migrant crisis is somewhat of a back drop from the UKs perspective and I can't see the indirect effects of that mess up hitting for a couple years (thank god we are an island)

I'm think more a terror attack, forced quotas or extra costs for Turkey, Germany forcing Greece adrift, Turkey blackmailing its way to the membership table etc
Old 02-Feb-2016, 18:41   #59
Orange
posted that yesterday
The Go camp is also pretty fragmented at the moment and really needs to coalesce around a single entity. Having 3 or 4 campaign groups is a bad idea.
Old 03-Feb-2016, 11:11   #60
leady
to be deleted
Ironically it needs a Labour leader I think to lose the toxicity of other options

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Tags
14 stupid cunts!, 80 stupid cunts!, carrot returns, fuck the eu, fucking brexit idiots, spheric0ck's back !