trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Television & Radio

Old 21-Aug-2017, 09:57   #121
Orange
ditto
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Another epic, every episode has been a barnstormer this season. Uncle B coming out of the blue was a bit of a surprise too far for me, but fuck it, they're bringing dragons back to life. Assume Uncle B is alive and well despite hints to the contrary?
Old 21-Aug-2017, 11:35   #122
Hot Soup
lock my threads
Tournaments Won: 1
Hot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah. That was good. Dragon / Thoros :'(
Loved the beyond the wall stuff, the scene between Jorah and Jon / Thoros , very nicely done. Showing that if you kill a wight you kill their dead.

(sidenote how have I just realised Thoros of Myr is Dennis Pennis!?! )

I wasn't entirely convinced by the Sansa and Arya scenes , it'll depend on where this goes.

Being totally hyper critical - the plan on taking a zombie to kings landing is daft. Cersei as a character wont and will not give a literal fuck until everyone else dead and theres an army of wights camped outside the Red Keep. Also having what will appear to be literally every major force barring the Dead in Westeros in the same place next episode?

Why'd you open your bong hole you smelly hippy? You'd sacrifice a beautiful woman to save a moderately attractive monkey?

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Hot Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-Aug-2017, 11:50   #123
stepper
empty minds post alike
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
The whole Sansa/Arya thing is a ruse, I bet they're playing LF and he'll wind up dead in the next episode.
"I'm not getting out of bed until I get fucked!" - Marcus Antonius, 31 BC
Old 21-Aug-2017, 11:57   #124
Orange
ditto
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
I've just realised Bron is the guy from Soldier Soldier
Old 21-Aug-2017, 12:18   #125
leady
click here to reset post count
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Soup View Post

Being totally hyper critical - the plan on taking a zombie to kings landing is daft. Cersei as a character wont and will not give a literal fuck until everyone else dead and theres an army of wights camped outside the Red Keep. Also having what will appear to be literally every major force barring the Dead in Westeros in the same place next episode?
Its daft because I'm going to speculate that its precisely what enables the army of the dead to breach the wall
Old 21-Aug-2017, 15:10   #126
Randell
my post count gets me dates
Randell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond repute
Undead dragon fire it's what I'm betting on collapsing the wall. Anyway we've seen wights south of the wall.
 Randell 
Old 21-Aug-2017, 15:28   #127
Randell
Randell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond repute
One thing where the writers have lost it and this season especially so is the complete lack of respect for time and distance.
 Randell 
Old 21-Aug-2017, 16:34   #128
leady
click here to reset post count
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
It almost feels like most of this stuff should have been happening whilst Ayra was still in training montages but the story hadn't been written yet at that point

Quote:
Undead dragon fire it's what I'm betting on collapsing the wall. Anyway we've seen wights south of the wall.
Have we though? we've seen wights on the wall and one assumes the physical barrier has some reason for existing. One assumes reading a couple of spoilers that the prophecy of the 3 headed dragon is a bit ruined now too.

Last edited by leady; 21-Aug-2017 at 16:38.
Old 21-Aug-2017, 16:53   #129
Sh0cked
founder of the +1 forum
Sh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not getting to bothered about the time anymore. It was frustrating initially but accepting the cost of producing the show as well as the desire to bring it to a close I'm enjoying the story and the ride.
 sh0ck3d 
Old 21-Aug-2017, 17:03   #130
Orange
ditto
I think that's it, I would just suspend disbelief (zombie dragons) and enjoy it for what it is.
Old 21-Aug-2017, 17:13   #131
Randell
Quote:
Originally Posted by leady View Post
Have we though?
Yes, in Castle Black, which is on the south side of the wall!
 Randell 
Old 21-Aug-2017, 17:28   #132
PsYcHoKiLLa
topic of the pops
PsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond repute
Was totally waiting for them to "deadify" a dragon, didn't think it would be so soon, I thought it would've been during the finale, does that mean it's now gonna attack it's siblings cos that would just be...

Last edited by PsYcHoKiLLa; 21-Aug-2017 at 17:49.
Old 21-Aug-2017, 21:07   #133
[RaG]Ethel
Alfa Male
[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute
I know fucking your relatives is no big thing here, but can I just check. Dany is Jon's auntie yeah?
Old 21-Aug-2017, 21:53   #134
CaptainTrips
topicophiliac
CaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainTrips has a reputation beyond repute
Yes.
Old 21-Aug-2017, 22:09   #135
Beef~
res ipsa loquitur
Beef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond repute
Thought it was utterly ridiculous in places. Found it really annoying when they sacrifice the gritty realism for absurd plot devices. Just makes me feel like its lord of the rings with swearing.
Old 21-Aug-2017, 22:33   #136
Bad-Co
Large Member
Bad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond repute
How the fuck did they attached those fucking huge chains to that underwater dragon ?
Old 21-Aug-2017, 22:36   #137
Randell
Where did they get the chains from?
 Randell 
Old 21-Aug-2017, 22:42   #138
T3CH^
Too old for this shit
T3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randell View Post
Where did they get the chains from?
Where do they get the ice weapons from?

Ice wrought chains is the current theory, also as its apparently a fresh water lake (they have problems with salt water apparently) just slows wights down rather than destroying them.

My current read is the Night King WANTS that wight down south for some reason.

'Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps.........it is time to die'
 T3CHguyver 
Old 21-Aug-2017, 22:55   #139
Bad-Co
Large Member
Bad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond reputeBad-Co has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like ice bollox to me.

You don't forge a chain from ice, then swim down to a sunken dragon, lift the dragon up , put the chain under the dragon and return to the ice king with a smile and a thumbs up.

There seemed to be a big fear in drowning in a frozen lake earlier.
But apparently, there's a least one super strong tom daly amongst them.

Last edited by Bad-Co; 22-Aug-2017 at 06:48.
 Tfr Bad Co 
Old 21-Aug-2017, 23:12   #140
Hot Soup
lock my threads
Tournaments Won: 1
Hot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond reputeHot Soup has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-Co View Post
But apparently, there's a least one super strong tom daly amounts them.
Not fear of drowning , just not much a dead man can do in freezing water .

Why'd you open your bong hole you smelly hippy? You'd sacrifice a beautiful woman to save a moderately attractive monkey?

Hawks of the Luftwaffe!
Hot Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-Aug-2017, 23:34   #141
Nomad
i fear no midget
Nomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3CH^ View Post
My current read is the Night King WANTS that wight down south for some reason.
because if it bites anyone he'll have two wights down south... next thing you know, they've got your job
Old 22-Aug-2017, 10:10   #142
Orange
ditto
https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/q...-the-same-time
Old 22-Aug-2017, 16:41   #143
Scorpius
Spilling Campion 2008
Scorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-Co View Post
Sounds like ice bollox to me.

You don't forge a chain from ice, then swim down to a sunken dragon, lift the dragon up , put the chain under the dragon and return to the ice king with a smile and a thumbs up.

But apparently, there's a least one super strong tom daly amongst them.
Re chains,Dont they have undead Giants and the giants mammoths? weren't they controlled by said large chains?
Send a message via MSN to Scorpius  g1ausbaltar 
Old 22-Aug-2017, 17:06   #144
Nomad
i fear no midget
Nomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond repute
there's taking some chains and there's taking several ships anchor chains with you on a march across the land just in case
Old 22-Aug-2017, 17:33   #145
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Who's to say it wasn't a week later, or that they're to help scale or damage the wall? As above, this is a problem in a scene where an ice man made by fairies resurrects a dragon he killed with an icicle?
Old 22-Aug-2017, 19:52   #146
Randell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertiaman View Post
Who's to say it wasn't a week later, or that they're to help scale or damage the wall? As above, this is a problem in a scene where an ice man made by fairies resurrects a dragon he killed with an icicle?
Laziest justification ever for sloppy writing and I hate it when it gets trotted out. The world as created needs to stay within its own rules else immersion is broken. Hence why I get pissed off about the teleporting all over Westoros and FTL Ravens that has happened all this season
 Randell 
Old 22-Aug-2017, 20:15   #147
Beef~
res ipsa loquitur
Beef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond repute
The plot does seems much more contrived this season probably because of the pacing with characters making illogical decisions just to advance the plot to a finish on a climax in a set piece. What made the series so good initially was that it tried to avoid the usual tropes and cliches of traditional fantasy and I think it's lost some of that originality because it just feels much more manufactured. It's still hugely entertaining but I'm a bit disappointed particularly with the last episode.
Old 22-Aug-2017, 20:47   #148
Orange
ditto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randell View Post
Laziest justification ever for sloppy writing and I hate it when it gets trotted out. The world as created needs to stay within its own rules else immersion is broken. Hence why I get pissed off about the teleporting all over Westoros and FTL Ravens that has happened all this season
Personal opinions and all that, but I find the immersion generally gets broken if I let it get broken.
Old 22-Aug-2017, 21:22   #149
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Game Of Thrones director admits the show’s timeline is “straining plausibility”

http://www.avclub.com/article/game-t...-strain-259742
cunning-stunt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-Aug-2017, 21:47   #150
Orange
ditto
<edit> ack, forget it

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Television & Radio

Tags
bring back ygritte