trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Films

Old 26-Sep-2004, 16:06   #1
Batz
flame fodder
Batz will become famous soon enoughBatz will become famous soon enough
Alien vs. Predator *possible spolier*

Well, after a HUGE hype of this one, I really wanted to see it, well, I am an Aliens/Predator freak anyway, got all the films and even bought the Alien Quad DVD set.

I saw this over in Norway a week ago and it I found it disappointing.... well and truely.... disappointing. I won't spoil it for you guys/gals as you may think its awesome in your personal opinions :-)

The fact they planted the rating down to a PG-13 in America sucks, so no doubt this will be another 12A/15 in the cinema with screaming kiddies spoiling it for the old school Alien/Predator fans over here in the UK.

I can say this though [spoiler:c65ed2b503]the Predators are pathetic and weak against the Aliens, nothing at all from the previous Predator films. Predators against the humans are nothing but awesome, against the Aliens[/spoiler:c65ed2b503]

Well, you'll soon see!

The Aliens [spoiler:c65ed2b503]are without a doubt, the baddest species and live up to their names and definately worth watching, but don't expect full on gore from the other films (ie: the birth of the Aliens etc!)[/spoiler:c65ed2b503]

One cool thing I found about this film, was that [spoiler:c65ed2b503]Bishop[/spoiler:c65ed2b503] was in the film!

You may remember [spoiler:c65ed2b503]him from Aliens/Alien3[/spoiler:c65ed2b503]

If you want my opinion, its best not going into the cinema with full expectations (sure, there are awesome fight scenes worth revistiting) like I did, keep a neutral mind and you may like it :-)

Dan

| | |
VVV
Send a message via MSN to Batz
Old 26-Sep-2004, 17:36   #2
blurr
fashion victim
blurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond reputeblurr has a reputation beyond repute
sorry but isn't there a thread already for this film?
Old 26-Sep-2004, 18:19   #3
Smoo
empty minds post alike
Smoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.trickery.net/bb/viewtopic.php?t=7069

...6 Pages of people saying it was shit
Send a message via MSN to Smoo
Old 26-Sep-2004, 21:41   #4
Batz
flame fodder
Batz will become famous soon enoughBatz will become famous soon enough
Grrrrr

Ah well, shows how much I look at these forums nowadays ;-)

| | |
VVV
Send a message via MSN to Batz
Old 27-Sep-2004, 04:58   #5
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Ok well I sort of said it in the other thread, may as well say it in this one:

[spoiler:00d2cf5279]The predators are supposed to be crap in hand to hand combat against the aliens. Ive been reading the alien vs predator stories for years, and there were very few predators that could hold their own in hand to hand combat against the aliens. The few who did manage to defeat an alien in hand to hand, became the leaders.

In this respect, the film is true to the original storylines. However, the plot is godawful. The aliens gestate and grow into full sized aliens in about 20 minutes, whereas any aliens fan knows that it takes hours. Also, there were about 15 humans involved with the film, but at the end, there were hundreds, nay thousands, of aliens. Where the hell did they come from?[/spoiler:00d2cf5279]

Respect for sticking with the AVP history, but the plot was guff

2 out of 5
Old 30-Sep-2004, 15:46   #6
Sin
TheMutsNuts.
Sin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond repute
personlly, the film done wat it could only do yes it stook to the comics and yea the aliens grew to fukin fast but the plot itself is intresting and i thought it done well a would of lost loads of intrest if a sat n watched a great big detailed story line about AVP with battle stratagies and so on, fuck that! 90% of ppl who go to see this story want to see aliens and predators kick 7 shades of shit out of each other and some humans get killed on the way and it does just that the effects were great the fight scences amazing and story line was about as detailed as it needed to be, if things such as full size aliens in 20mins put you off the film your abviously into details 2 much. Personlly id give it 4 out of 5 but only because the fucks ups they did were annoying!
Old 30-Sep-2004, 16:53   #7
Smoo
empty minds post alike
Smoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond reputeSmoo has a reputation beyond repute
Get out. Of those who go to see this, many will like it, but they are not fans of either Alien or Predator. So I don't care what they think.
Old 30-Sep-2004, 18:52   #8
LTA
Big Billy Bifter
LTA is on a distinguished road
I thought it was a bit poo meself.

Whats with this latest trend of making films very very dark, all i generally seen was Halogen torches moving around then screaming then vanishing.

[spoiler:2c40bd206e]I think the predators are a bit crap, there wasn't enough, i thought mebbe there could've been some more, it was obvious when the queen was shown laying eggs at a rapido rate that they would be horridly outnumbered.
Think maybe they should've had a few more marines n stuff for heavier gun fights down in the temple, there was plenty of aliens to go around and even with extra preds for a nice war for a bit.
I thought maybe we'd some some of them mini gun wielding nutters or the smart guns or gren launchers down the tunnels.[/spoiler:2c40bd206e]

Just my thoughts heh

Beardytree - 70 Druid (resto shout if ya need me for some runs) - Outland

"For the horde"
 LTA_Soldier 
Old 30-Sep-2004, 19:28   #9
Smoo
empty minds post alike
The code is [ spolier ] and [ /spoiler ], and it does work in the quick reply.
Old 30-Sep-2004, 23:30   #10
Sin
TheMutsNuts.
Sin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond reputeSin has a reputation beyond repute
LTA this is set in our time and date, those weapons of wat u speak aint invented lol! read the spolier for my comment

[spoiler:476a380b6f]the preds go down in small numbers bcos the 1 who comes out living will be the new leader of the preds of some sort they do it like this because apparantly the aliens are the greatest of prey (which evedently is true) thats why theyve got the queen chained ect ect but ud of thought the aliens wud of clicked on to that in the first place. but in my opinion the ownage pred was done great, he clearly out matched the other 2 who jsut got pwned str8 away lolz0r![/spoiler:476a380b6f]
Old 01-Oct-2004, 13:21   #11
Sonic Samurai
free bandwidth?
Sonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond repute
[spoiler:d39b5b7fa8]it's shit[/spoiler:d39b5b7fa8]
Old 01-Oct-2004, 13:23   #12
Hotel2Tango
my post count gets me dates
Hotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant future
[spoiler:126335d612]troll[/spoiler:126335d612]
Old 01-Oct-2004, 13:31   #13
Heartwork
Hamish McJewstein
Heartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond repute
[spoiler:29c015730a]haex!

+1[/spoiler:29c015730a]
Old 01-Oct-2004, 13:34   #14
Hotel2Tango
my post count gets me dates
Hotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant future
[spoiler:393e21acd3]you mean Elf's trollery is just shameless +1age?![/spoiler:393e21acd3]
Old 01-Oct-2004, 14:19   #15
Sonic Samurai
free bandwidth?
Sonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond repute
[spoiler:fd043beca4]No, it's really shit. Alright, using the spoiler tags was a pisstake but we knew from the outset this film was gonna be really, really shit ... and it is.

Paul WS Anderson must burn in hell for this treachery. BURN THE HERETIC!![/spoiler:fd043beca4]
Old 06-Oct-2004, 19:36   #16
LTA
Big Billy Bifter
LTA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin
LTA this is set in our time and date, those weapons of wat u speak aint invented lol! read the spolier for my comment
[spoiler:0b9cb490f1]
Dunno i've always thought there was grenade launchers in the world like the m79, miniguns have been around for aggggess not human friendly but they exist none the less (like the vulcan or the avenger cannons on planes)..

and the smartgun..... what's wrong with some improvisation, i mean we already have Preds and Aliens already dun hurt to add a few weps and just make out they are made secret whatever.
And why didnt the pred just bomb the whole cave in the first place or did he have to get 1 at least or something?
[/spoiler:0b9cb490f1]

Beardytree - 70 Druid (resto shout if ya need me for some runs) - Outland

"For the horde"
 LTA_Soldier 
Old 06-Oct-2004, 23:19   #17
[n00b].eesh.
pfft
[n00b].eesh. has a reputation beyond repute[n00b].eesh. has a reputation beyond repute[n00b].eesh. has a reputation beyond repute[n00b].eesh. has a reputation beyond repute[n00b].eesh. has a reputation beyond repute[n00b].eesh. has a reputation beyond repute[n00b].eesh. has a reputation beyond repute[n00b].eesh. has a reputation beyond repute[n00b].eesh. has a reputation beyond repute[n00b].eesh. has a reputation beyond repute[n00b].eesh. has a reputation beyond repute
I really didnt enjoy this film at all. Crapness exudes from it all. Not nearly enough Alien Versus Predator, there was only like two decent battles. There should have been more aliens, more fighting, better plot, more use of shoulder cannon, gah too much was wrong.
Send a message via MSN to [n00b].eesh.
Old 08-Oct-2004, 02:33   #18
CrazyHarij
flame fodder
CrazyHarij is on a distinguished road
Too much was wrong, yes. About 70% of the film were those fools crawling around the pyramid, and it ended way too quickly after that. Well, we still have hope in the DVD edition. I've heard that it'll be rated R and have roughly 50 minutes extra.

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Films