trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Films

Old 25-Oct-2004, 10:43   #1
assassin
kidneythieves fan
assassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond repute
Predator

This was on last night on channel 5..... and so begins my rant:

I was completely p*ssed off to discover that channel 5 had cut nearly every gory scene out of the film and left the first half of the film especially looking empty. Here's the number of things that they cut:

- Dillan saying "f*cking tie business was replaced with just 'tie'
- Bodies skinned alive scene severely cut down - you only see the first 'head' in the trees but all the rest are not shown
- Hostage getting shot
- Blaines (guy in cowboy hat - jesse ventura) guts coming out after Predator gets him with the plasma caster
- Mac (Bill Duke) after he has been killed by the Predator and Dillan (Carl Weathers) see's him
- Billy being killed on the bridge where the Predator's wrist-blades slash through him

In fact they only showed the scene where Dillan's arm gets blown off. I almost felt like it was a waste of time watching it. I can only assume they cut down the scene's because the film started just after the 9:00pm watershed, and/or the hostage situations in the news were having an effect.

All in all i wasn't happy

Anyway, Alien 3 which came after was alright - and as i had only seen it all the way through once before i wouldn't have known if they had cut scenes in that

[/End Rant]

Kidney Thieves www.eventhorizon.co.nr www.darksideradio.com Lacuna Coil Collide VaLkyR Forums
Old 25-Oct-2004, 10:46   #2
GroovYF
Octave Doctor
GroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond repute
C5 aren't usually known for cutting movies (unlike ITV)
Old 25-Oct-2004, 10:46   #3
Fulmineus
karma killer
Fulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond repute
I've seen everything you've mentioned there before apart from the one with Billy? :o

Say NO! to capital t Sponsored by AQA
Old 25-Oct-2004, 10:47   #4
assassin
kidneythieves fan
assassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond repute
I remember them cutting scenes from Aliens when that was on a few months back tho...

Kidney Thieves www.eventhorizon.co.nr www.darksideradio.com Lacuna Coil Collide VaLkyR Forums
Old 25-Oct-2004, 10:49   #5
assassin
kidneythieves fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulmineus
I've seen everything you've mentioned there before apart from the one with Billy? :o
I remember that they once showed it on C4 or ITV when it was on late Billy getting killed by the Predator - i've only ever seen it once tbh, but it's better than just hearing him screaming....

Old 25-Oct-2004, 10:51   #6
Fulmineus
karma killer
Fulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond repute
I quite like the idea of them not showing how he dies, leaves it to your imagination

Old 25-Oct-2004, 10:53   #7
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
Star Trek: Insurrection was on before Predator and they had cut bits out of that too. Where the evil admiral gets his skin stretched over his skull - chopped. That was the only bit I noticed was missing but I still missed it.

EDIT: Oh and I've never seen the uncut version where Billy dies in Pred either.
Old 25-Oct-2004, 10:53   #8
assassin
kidneythieves fan
yeah - i suppose there's that element to it.....

Old 25-Oct-2004, 10:55   #9
Fulmineus
karma killer
I can grudgingly accept them cutting scenes before the watershed, but if they do it after 9 it just makes me fucking mad. What is the point of a watershed if they're going to do the same thing after it as well as before it?

Old 25-Oct-2004, 10:56   #10
assassin
kidneythieves fan
That's what made me mad too!!!

Old 25-Oct-2004, 12:40   #11
Hotel2Tango
my post count gets me dates
Hotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant future
They had lots of films to fit in. They probably took the opportunity to cut the films down a bit, by cutting the gory scenes.

Alternatively with an advertised run of films, people will start watching early afternoon and will continue watching after the watershed?
Old 25-Oct-2004, 12:52   #12
assassin
kidneythieves fan
I suppose, but this is an 18 rating film anyway, so it's not like any parents would/should let there 'kids' watch it....

*cough* i remember first watching it when i was about 11 *cough*

Old 25-Oct-2004, 13:03   #13
Hotel2Tango
my post count gets me dates
Hotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant futureHotel2Tango has a brilliant future
When I was a kid I had a friend whose parents let him watch anything. As soon as I was banned from watching something I'd just go to my mates house and see it.
Old 25-Oct-2004, 13:05   #14
assassin
kidneythieves fan
The best way really I was one of those kids who didn't have a TV in my bedroom

Old 25-Oct-2004, 13:11   #15
T-Bag
please find me real friends
Tournaments Won: 1
T-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond repute
um i'm sure you don't see Billy die on the special edition dvd either. Its due a watch so I might check if I don't have anything else to watch tonight.
Send a message via MSN to T-Bag  Bag-T   BagT 
Old 25-Oct-2004, 13:14   #16
assassin
kidneythieves fan
maybe i'm wrong.....

Old 25-Oct-2004, 14:09   #17
Cam
each time i post god kills a kitten
Cam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond reputeCam has a reputation beyond repute
I dont think You ever see Billy Die but one thing that alwasy pissed me off was the scene with dillon twisting round with one arm and you can clearly see his arm at the bottom of the Vest at his back
Old 25-Oct-2004, 14:43   #18
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam
I dont think You ever see Billy Die but one thing that alwasy pissed me off was the scene with dillon twisting round with one arm and you can clearly see his arm at the bottom of the Vest at his back
Indeed - you never saw that happen on Robin's Nest did you?!

Old 25-Oct-2004, 14:52   #19
Lungboy
Roboplegic Wrongcock
Lungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond repute
Another vote for the "never seen Billy get killed" version.
Old 25-Oct-2004, 14:55   #20
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
I don't mind when they cut films to get onto the schedule at the right time but Pred last night really took the piss - there was actual plot missing there. As mentioned the numbers of the bodies didn't tie up to the comments, the hostage getting simply kicked then Dutch saying "they've killed one, we're going in". Totally incongruous.
Old 25-Oct-2004, 14:56   #21
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertiaman
I don't mind when they cut films to get onto the schedule at the right time but Pred last night really took the piss - there was actual plot missing there. As mentioned the numbers of the bodies didn't tie up to the comments, the hostage getting simply kicked then Dutch saying "they've killed one, we're going in". Totally incongruous.
Did your mother not tell you not to kick people? That's why! They die!
Old 25-Oct-2004, 14:57   #22
Lungboy
Roboplegic Wrongcock
Lungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond repute
As long as Arnie said "Knock knock" and "stick around" it was worth watching.
Old 25-Oct-2004, 14:58   #23
Spanks
GTFOMI
Spanks has a reputation beyond reputeSpanks has a reputation beyond reputeSpanks has a reputation beyond reputeSpanks has a reputation beyond reputeSpanks has a reputation beyond reputeSpanks has a reputation beyond reputeSpanks has a reputation beyond reputeSpanks has a reputation beyond reputeSpanks has a reputation beyond reputeSpanks has a reputation beyond reputeSpanks has a reputation beyond repute
on a different note anyone think the predator in this was far far far more realistic than the one in the recent alien vs predator (especially the facial features)?
Old 25-Oct-2004, 15:01   #24
golgo 13
Anal fistulas are fun
golgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lungboy
As long as Arnie said "Knock knock" and "stick around" it was worth watching.
He did.

It was the original ITV cut version. Still its not as bad as the Die Hard ITV cut that replaced swear words with lesser versions and introduced new curses to our language such as:

Muddy Funster
Mellon Farmer
And Yippy Kiyay Kemosabby (my spelling may be wrong).

http://www.swlangaming.co.uk/
 postal_pat 
Old 25-Oct-2004, 15:04   #25
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanks
on a different note anyone think the predator in this was far far far more realistic than the one in the recent alien vs predator (especially the facial features)?
Yeah because in the new one they shoved cheap CGI in all over the damn place - in the old one they had to use models/masks/makeup for the lot - they put SO much more work in by the looks and ended up with a suitable more visceral, lifelike creature.

I guess on the flipside they were more sparing with what you saw of the pred in the old one.
Old 25-Oct-2004, 15:08   #26
Sonic Samurai
free bandwidth?
Sonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond repute
meh. NTL box broke some time last month, seeing as I don't watch any TV apart from News 24 before work (which I listen to, not watch), I didn't really notice. Therefore I got to miss out on this and by the sounds of it should be glad I did.

Predator was a fab film, the kind of film the DVD media was made for. Much rather watch this on me ubar sound quality peecee than my piddly nicam telly. No dodgy censorship then, either.

Censorship on TV, after 9? Why is this country so far up its' own arsehole about violence yet has no problem with showing graphic sex scenes? US is the other way around, but not balanced either. Kids see MUCH worse in computer games in any case.

It's got to the point where watching a film on TV is like the reader's digest version of a book; the main elements are there but the stuff that is missing REALLY contributes to the film.

As for the Predator effects ... digital is only so good, and is very dependant on how its' used. Even Lord of the Rings used a shitload of old skool effects to bring itself to life; I wish movie makers would remember that.
Old 25-Oct-2004, 15:52   #27
T-Bag
please find me real friends
Tournaments Won: 1
T-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bag has a reputation beyond repute
If you watch the extras on the DVD the original predator design looked like one of those dodgy bad guys from the original Star Trek series. Looked like some bizarre dinosaur thing, but luckily we didn't end up with that.

The DVD is worth owning just to see Jesse Venturer doing a WWF style interview and going on about the chaingun. Think one of them is a hidden extra but it is hilarious.
Send a message via MSN to T-Bag  Bag-T   BagT 

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Films