trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Half-Life: Counter-Strike: Rats

Old 25-Apr-2005, 13:22   #1
[n00b]SteveO
got topic a topic or two
[n00b]SteveO has disabled reputation
SteveO Rant Rate Thread

As most of you know i used to drive a Civic Type R, im still an active club member and help out at events etc... anyway today some BMW driving nubzilla decides to tell me how great his M Coupe is and that the torque meant that it would kill a type R on track... i diddnt mention the fact his car is based on a 1988 E30 chassis and that the brakes are sheet. But, then it degrades into him telling me i must be a crap driver and i know nothing about cars... 1 race licence and 1 rally licence and degree in engineering cert later he decides to continue by asking inane questions in an attempt to make his point... a point that in never the less stupid, wrong and downright retarded. Anyway, i got miffed and decided to go for the putdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO
because to reduce turbo lag you need to mount the turbos as close to the exhaust manifold as possable. In a V configuration it makes it easier to to stick 2 on, not to mention the size of one turbo feeding 2 banks of cylinders would have to be bigger and thus require more time to spool up and thus introduce lag into the system.

Why do you think BMW use 2 different sized turbos on the ne *35D motor?
the little one spools up faster and provides the low down torque and the bigger one shifts in the air and helps produce the power.

look at any power/rpm graph and you will notice a more pronounced step in the torque curve than a NA motor, ill admit it is lessening with modern cars, but it is still there.

Now if you go through and read my posts you will see that i have explained things to you and that you have not actually made a singel point, every comment you have made has been a question.
Why dont you go away back to the BMW forum, take your right hand from off your knob and turn the page of the "spot the dog" book you are currently reading, then, and only then, walk, that walk not "cup of tea", yourself to the library, borrow a book that explains the concept of the internal combustion engine, then spend several years studying it while making an attempt to resist the urge to abuse small innocent children, then, and only then might you be quallified to comment! Everyone else here has made some input into the conversation, 10p, eatthis etc... I suspect that this post may offend, and i appologise if it does, the facts are as ive stated, im in no way saying one car is better than another, however if what you are wanting an argument about the nature of the internal combustion engine, well you are barking up the wrong Flipping tree Mr!
so rate my rant out of 10!
Old 25-Apr-2005, 13:24   #2
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
Only one "p" in apologise

EDIT: There are loads more but I was going for comical shortness
Old 25-Apr-2005, 15:41   #3
[n00b].eesh.
pfft
[n00b].eesh. has a reputation beyond repute[n00b].eesh. has a reputation beyond repute[n00b].eesh. has a reputation beyond repute[n00b].eesh. has a reputation beyond repute[n00b].eesh. has a reputation beyond repute[n00b].eesh. has a reputation beyond repute[n00b].eesh. has a reputation beyond repute[n00b].eesh. has a reputation beyond repute[n00b].eesh. has a reputation beyond repute[n00b].eesh. has a reputation beyond repute[n00b].eesh. has a reputation beyond repute
4/10 could do better.
Send a message via MSN to [n00b].eesh.
Old 25-Apr-2005, 16:06   #4
m00se
l00se ab00t the h00se
m00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond repute
1/10 You suck!
Old 25-Apr-2005, 16:54   #5
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute
Damn you Q-T! I was relishing the thought of posting "single*" all the way down the rest of his post!
Old 25-Apr-2005, 17:42   #6
Sonic Samurai
free bandwidth?
Sonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSonic Samurai has a reputation beyond repute
2/10, see me.

ONCE MORE, WITH FEELING!
Old 25-Apr-2005, 19:14   #7
mope
founder of the +1 forum
mope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond repute
Can someone make a motorsports forum? Whats this or watercooling got to do with rats?

Sentences usually begin with capital letters aswell.
Old 25-Apr-2005, 19:36   #8
WestHej
thread or dead
WestHej has much to be proud ofWestHej has much to be proud ofWestHej has much to be proud ofWestHej has much to be proud ofWestHej has much to be proud ofWestHej has much to be proud ofWestHej has much to be proud ofWestHej has much to be proud ofWestHej has much to be proud ofWestHej has much to be proud of
Well you coulda made a poll. Just for that I'm giving you 0
Old 25-Apr-2005, 20:04   #9
GEFORCE
i post for fun
GEFORCE has a reputation beyond reputeGEFORCE has a reputation beyond reputeGEFORCE has a reputation beyond reputeGEFORCE has a reputation beyond reputeGEFORCE has a reputation beyond reputeGEFORCE has a reputation beyond reputeGEFORCE has a reputation beyond reputeGEFORCE has a reputation beyond reputeGEFORCE has a reputation beyond reputeGEFORCE has a reputation beyond reputeGEFORCE has a reputation beyond repute
M8 had his honda civic TypeR up last night. He took my m8 out in it and he just came back like this and didn't say much for about 10 mins then all he said was i want one.

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Half-Life: Counter-Strike: Rats