trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Photography

Old 17-Sep-2006, 18:11   #1
Jamey
The swagger of a cripple
Jamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond repute
The Photoblog Thread

This thread is for anyone to post images in. If you don't have a photoblog you're still welcome to post images here.

People with blogs should post clickable thumbnails which take viewers directly to the page on their blog where the full-size version of that image is shown. Here's an example (replace the normal brackets with square brackets to make the forum code work):

(URL=http://www.yourdomain.com/link/to/page)(IMG)http://www.yourdomain.com/link/to/thumbnail(/IMG)(/URL)

Red = forum code
Blue = URLs (change to link to your blog)

Or you can use this handy code generator:
http://www.jameyhoward.com/clickythumb/

People who don't have blogs can choose whether to post a bigger version of an image or not (maximum of 900 pixels along the longest edge, please). In general, if you use image hosting that allows viewers to comment publicly then you'll probably want to use the thumbnail method above to draw traffic to where your image is hosted and keep the comments there.

If you use image hosting that doesn't allow people to make comments (like Imageshack etc) then it's probably best to just post the bigger version in this thread and let people make comments here.

Which brings us neatly onto the comments themselves. People here are encouraged to share their opinions on each other's photographs and this includes criticism. By posting images in this thread you are accepting that people will voice their views on your pictures, positive, negative or anywhere in between. You don't have to respond to any comments about your photos but you must accept that people have a right to air their honestly-held opinions as long as they are not defamatory or personally insulting.

That said however, what happens on your own photoblog is entirely up to you and if you have rules that might be considered out of the ordinary you should post them here before sharing any images so that we're all aware of any restrictions that apply to your domain. What has been said above applies only within trickery.

Wherever possible, people should make comments on the blogs themselves as this typically generates an email to alert the owner of the blog that a new comment has been posted and it will get seen much quicker. It also allows comments to be kept in one place and avoids spreading talk about a particular photo around several areas.

More general discussion about photography/photoblogging is also welcome here within reason, but questions about kit and lenses should be asked outside of this thread. Please consult the stickied threads at the top of the forum for useful links and advice on buying cameras and other photographic kit.

In no particular order, here are some of the photoblogs owned by trickery members (thanks to Sys for compiling this list):

Milou's Photoblog

Marik's Photoblog

Jim's Photoblog

Groovy F's Photoblog

Ribby's Photoblog

SysAgent's Photoblog

Jamey's Photoblog

Sonic's Photoblog

Xerox's Photoblog

BBW's Photoblog

Darksaber's Photoblog

Blurr's Photoblog

Nameinuse's Photoblog

Karamac's Photoblog

TheOne's Photoblog

GGF's Photoblog

Eth's Photoblog

AL|3N's Photoblog

Methy's Photoblog

Bob and Jeannie's Photoblog

Nick Fury's Photoblog

The Big Kahuna's Photoblog

If anybody would like their blog added to that list, please PM me.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited by The Big Kahuna; 06-Apr-2009 at 21:53.
Old 17-Sep-2006, 19:23   #2
Onions
it's still christmas
Onions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond repute

"As much as onions is a giant ginger bag of mashed twats who doesn't technically constitute one whole human due to his massive lack of self esteem, bad face, and the fact he hails from scotland (the small s is intentional to indicate the insignificance of the place), he does make a valid point!"

Last edited by Onions; 13-Feb-2008 at 20:35.
Old 17-Sep-2006, 19:24   #3
GroovYF
Octave Doctor
GroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond repute
Tools

Old 17-Sep-2006, 19:26   #4
Sysagent
OCD... OCD... OCD... OCD
Sysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond repute
The Dying Light.

I think this is one of my best efforts yet from the Isle Of Man.

Russ
Old 17-Sep-2006, 19:28   #5
Darksaber
topic of the pops
Darksaber has a reputation beyond reputeDarksaber has a reputation beyond reputeDarksaber has a reputation beyond reputeDarksaber has a reputation beyond reputeDarksaber has a reputation beyond reputeDarksaber has a reputation beyond reputeDarksaber has a reputation beyond reputeDarksaber has a reputation beyond reputeDarksaber has a reputation beyond reputeDarksaber has a reputation beyond reputeDarksaber has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Darksaber  darksaberuk   d4rksaber 
Old 17-Sep-2006, 19:34   #6
M-UK
poster of the month
M-UK has a reputation beyond reputeM-UK has a reputation beyond reputeM-UK has a reputation beyond reputeM-UK has a reputation beyond reputeM-UK has a reputation beyond reputeM-UK has a reputation beyond reputeM-UK has a reputation beyond reputeM-UK has a reputation beyond reputeM-UK has a reputation beyond reputeM-UK has a reputation beyond reputeM-UK has a reputation beyond repute
First two pics taken with my new camera, comments appreciated!

Old 17-Sep-2006, 20:04   #7
Neutron
MILF Molester
Neutron has a reputation beyond reputeNeutron has a reputation beyond reputeNeutron has a reputation beyond reputeNeutron has a reputation beyond reputeNeutron has a reputation beyond reputeNeutron has a reputation beyond reputeNeutron has a reputation beyond reputeNeutron has a reputation beyond reputeNeutron has a reputation beyond reputeNeutron has a reputation beyond reputeNeutron has a reputation beyond repute
Old 17-Sep-2006, 20:57   #8
Ribby
handsome (my arse)
Tournaments Won: 3
Ribby has a reputation beyond reputeRibby has a reputation beyond reputeRibby has a reputation beyond reputeRibby has a reputation beyond reputeRibby has a reputation beyond reputeRibby has a reputation beyond reputeRibby has a reputation beyond reputeRibby has a reputation beyond reputeRibby has a reputation beyond reputeRibby has a reputation beyond reputeRibby has a reputation beyond repute
Prefer the bottom one M-UK, just wish it had the nice blue sky from the first though.

Neutron - I like the way you've managed to get that with minimal motion blur. The bee is positioned well within the frame.

Last edited by Ribby; 17-Sep-2006 at 21:19.
Old 18-Sep-2006, 00:53   #9
TheOne
pro poster
TheOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheOne has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

Last edited by TheOne; 18-Mar-2007 at 00:24.
Old 18-Sep-2006, 07:40   #10
Jim
please find me real friends
Jim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond repute
Un-b-bloody-leivable.
Old 18-Sep-2006, 08:16   #11
Ribby
handsome (my arse)
Ribby has a reputation beyond reputeRibby has a reputation beyond reputeRibby has a reputation beyond reputeRibby has a reputation beyond reputeRibby has a reputation beyond reputeRibby has a reputation beyond reputeRibby has a reputation beyond reputeRibby has a reputation beyond reputeRibby has a reputation beyond reputeRibby has a reputation beyond reputeRibby has a reputation beyond repute
Old 18-Sep-2006, 12:45   #12
Ribby
handsome (my arse)
And have another aswell! This one is for tomorrow as I won't be around...

Old 18-Sep-2006, 13:42   #13
*XeR0x*
Eyebrows
Tournaments Won: 1
*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by *XeR0x*; 18-Sep-2006 at 13:49.
 ZooProject   Langdale 
Old 18-Sep-2006, 13:46   #14
GunZenBomZ
off topic
GunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond repute
would be nice to see a thread regarding cleaning methods & tools needed for camera & len's
Old 18-Sep-2006, 13:48   #15
*XeR0x*
Eyebrows
*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute
does anyone know how to fix my RSS? or set it up in the first place, or explain to me how to use it? i think i should get with the times and start using it
Old 18-Sep-2006, 14:10   #16
Jamey
The swagger of a cripple
Jamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunZenBomZ
would be nice to see a thread regarding cleaning methods & tools needed for camera & len's
Info in the sticky called "useful links" at the top of this forum.
Old 18-Sep-2006, 14:32   #17
GunZenBomZ
off topic
GunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond repute
cheers man
Old 18-Sep-2006, 22:50   #18
Jamey
The swagger of a cripple
This is where Sys is going to end up next time I see him:

Old 19-Sep-2006, 01:23   #19
TheOne
pro poster
TheOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheOne has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribby
And have another aswell! This one is for tomorrow as I won't be around...

You have some very nice pictures there. Any "post-production" involved in that one? I like it.
This one is also very cool!...
http://www.jonswainson.co.uk/index.php?imgID=img42
Old 19-Sep-2006, 16:05   #20
Jamey
The swagger of a cripple
I'm going to be away for the next week or so but I've pre-loaded some photos that will go up automatically at 6pm every evening, although thumbnails won't get posted here as I have to be around to do that.

They're from a commission I did a couple of weekends ago for a guy who produces Hip-Hop up in Bradford. This is the first of several shots of him. His name is Dean:

Old 19-Sep-2006, 17:19   #21
Goody
my other forum is full
Goody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond repute
Photoshop does have its limitations then
Old 19-Sep-2006, 17:32   #22
Napoleon
8===D~~~
Napoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond repute
Straight outta Bradford
is a brother only loved by his mother.
Old 19-Sep-2006, 17:46   #23
Jamey
The swagger of a cripple
I do appreciate that you're mentioning it here and not on the blog
Old 19-Sep-2006, 17:48   #24
Napoleon
8===D~~~
Napoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond repute
Can people use comments on their photoblogs to contribute to their airmiles or something? Would be the only thing that would make me understand this mania!
Old 19-Sep-2006, 20:00   #25
Sysagent
OCD... OCD... OCD... OCD
Sysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond repute
Cashtal Yn Ard.

Russ
Old 20-Sep-2006, 12:30   #26
Ribby
handsome (my arse)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne
You have some very nice pictures there. Any "post-production" involved in that one? I like it.
This one is also very cool!...
http://www.jonswainson.co.uk/index.php?imgID=img42
Thanks mate. I did some pp yeah (I always do), mainly darkening the sky and lightening the sea/rocks.
Old 20-Sep-2006, 12:36   #27
*XeR0x*
Eyebrows
Old 20-Sep-2006, 19:11   #28
Ribby
handsome (my arse)
Old 20-Sep-2006, 19:16   #29
milou
keeping it elderly
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Have loads to catch up with - will load the RSS whatsit.
Old 20-Sep-2006, 19:34   #30
Ribby
handsome (my arse)
Hope you've got some nice pics of Ireland! Did you go anywhere nice?

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Photography

Tags
beaches = easy, cameras only work on sand, circlejerk, circular jerk, no more beaches ffs, overexposure, photoblog

Users Viewing Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)