trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > General > Discussion

Old 20-Mar-2008, 14:44   #1
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
Bored by video games?

Who's with me?

I'm feeling completely jaded with computer games recently, specifically new releases. For a while now, I've not been feeling the love with new games, as they mostly seem to be producing the same old rubbish repackaged. The only games that I actually want to play at the moment are TF2, Company of Heroes and last night I had a blast on portal and really loved it, all of which are fairly in game terms; CoH is nearly 18 months old, TF2 at least 6. Call of Duty kept my interest longer than I expected, but all the new xbox releases fill me with horror, as do a lot of PC titles. Tabula Rasa waned after a few weeks, Sins of a solar empire lasted about 3 hours, Wow still has no attraction, neither does any of the approaching MMORORRGGMMORGGS. The few games I've bought on the Wii hold my attention for about a day.

Why is this? Am I just getting a bit older? A bit past it for games? Or am I pushed to tedium by the lack lustre IP being generated recently? All the genres seem to be getting a little tired, and need a fresh injection of interest - just because a new 360 game is a TPS where you can *gasp* play with a mate in the story game online *gasp* doesn't fill me with a desire to spunk 40 quid on it. Of course, that's my rights - I don't fancy the game, therefore I don't buy it. Vote with my wallet. Or is it something deeper? Something more endemic that is caused by the relentless consolidation ongoing in the games industry?

Case in point: Grand Theft Auto IV. Lots of people are waiting for this, whether they be a casual gamer who played the last one to death a long time ago or people like myself who spend a lot of time gaming, slavering at the mouth for the graphics! the gameplay! cop shooting! I can't be arsed. Sure, it looks good, but so does Call of Duty 4. COD4, although not original IP, has good pedigree, but they actually bothered to put something different into the MP game - so much so that most players I see online all use different combinations of perks. Ok, so I've heard folks grumble about the linearity of the SP game - but if you looked past that, here was a game that got your pulse racing with excitement as the sheer pace of the action sucked you through (and frustration, on veteran at the ferris wheel, I came very close to breaking my television with the controller, and had to go outside for some kite flying).

Right, so the reason folks loved GTA I, 2 and three was the sheer free-form nature of the game. Well, that's pushing it a little far I think; it boiled down to little more than go here, do that, kill them, get that case of money, report back although if I'm being fair you could put that down to storage and ahrdware limitation. You could, should you wish, hijack a taxi or an ambulance and go round doing delivery or medical missions, or for the craic beat a whore to death and nick her money. Staid, dull, boring and tedious. GTA 4 (or IV as it insists on styling itself) is purporting to boast 15 different types of multiplayer, downloadable content in the form of other missions, a drinking minigame where you stumble about to get home, ability to arrange your meetings with fellow crooks to complete missions... I could go on. The feature list definitely seems rich, but still does not grab me like I feel it should. Younger gamers are going to lap this game up, precisely because of the freedom of criminality, that crucial part of games which allows you to forget the real world and immerse yourself in someone else's construct.

I think, therein lies my problem. There are few truly talented storytellers, artists who design the world and the atmosphere, but there are a large number of excellent graphic designers and programmers - so the games look fantastic, rarely do the control system bug the shit out of you now, but the story lines really do not come up to scratch. Is this because games are designed by committee? Graphics and sound while being extraordinarily creative in their own right lend themselves to this method of work. The best worlds take years to develop and should be done by one person, as one can easily tell when someone has thrown their entire life into the game world (or indeed other media) they are creating to really make it believable. There are also worlds that have translated badly into games - the Star Wars MMO was disappointing for instance, and that is one of modern cultures most detailed and enduring alternative realities. A game with a promising story was Bioshock. In all honesty, I had been waiting for that game for months. I sat there and fumed at steam when it wouldn't let me download it for hours, then was tortuously slow when it did. I played it I think for about 4 days and got bored of it, without finishing. I loved the story, the game world, the graphics - but it was missing something, a crucial piece so that it too became drawn-out. Perhaps in this case, I realised I didn't really give a shit about the characters and what happened to them.

Are these the rantings of a spent, nearing middle-aged gamer? When I first started played video games, all this was fields? I'm not going to sit here and pretend that games from yesteryear were better that they are now, as that is clearly nonsense. I have some nostalgia for old games, but have learnt through experience that playing them merely destroys the fond place they have in my memory as I can play them for literally minutes before becoming dismayed. Games have indeed moved on and become far far more absorbing. To prove that I don't hate all games, As I mentioned briefly above, I'm still in love with Company of Heroes, an RTS game that can leave you with heart palpitations and sweaty palms it's that intense; Team Fortress 2, an FPS that leaves you gurgling with laughter when your pyro charges round the corner into a room full of enemies massing for attack and the sheer panic that grips everyone!

There are a few brighter lights on the horizon; EA (of all people) are bringing out a FREE game. Not so amazing, but what is, is that the claim there will be little or no in game advertisments. It also looks suspiciously like TF2 in graphical style and gameplay, but if it offers similar thrills and does something a bit different, who am I to argue? Spore is another one, although I am readying myself for this game to be a bit of a crushing disappointment. On the face of it, the idea seems superb, and it is written by none other than Will Wright, a superlative designer. A little apprehension is present because of what happened with Black & White. There is a new total war coming out, promising those of us (including me!) who loved the previous incarnations what we've wanted since the first medieval - proper naval warfare! Fingers crossed that I don't lose interest as quickly as I did with Medieval II, the friendly AI in the tactical game being the biggest culprit for that, sitting there clicking frantically as your heavy cavalry wouldn't charge because someone was lagging behind being stuck on a ladder, or tree or something equally silly. Why does that matter? Well you're defending your castle against a vastly superior force, all your bowmen have spent their arrows but you're well up on the casualty sheet and one final enemy unit of fresh heavy infantry are charging up the ladders to assualt your knackered artillery troops, and you NEED that heavy cavalry to thunder into their flanks to rout them before they take the walls. But no. The iron horses get stuck on a twig, you lose the castle and one hour of your life.

I digress a little and the total war series remains a draw, but games of this calibre are few and far between and while people continue to buy the same old FPS (UT3), RTS (C&C), TPS (Army of Two) shit, companies will continue to churn it out. I think this might have been said before, and perhaps more elequently, but I hope you at least agree and it will reach some others who may become a little more discerning in what they buy.
Old 20-Mar-2008, 14:51   #2
Fulmineus
karma killer
Fulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norfolk'n'Clue
Are these the rantings of a spent, nearing middle-aged gamer?
Yes Take up golf, grandad.

Say NO! to capital t Sponsored by AQA
Old 20-Mar-2008, 15:00   #3
The Big Kahuna
**** off Lester
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
Don't worry about it. Someone asked for help on a WoW quest this morning. When I told them I had to go to work they asked how old I was.

They said "why do you play WoW when you're so old ?"

I'm thinking about deleting all my Horde characters, rolling and Ally, levelling him to 70 then hunting the little fucker down and ganking him till milk comes down his nose.
Old 20-Mar-2008, 15:00   #4
The Big Kahuna
**** off Lester
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
Wtf do you mean "middle-aged" anyway ? How long are you planning on living ?
Old 20-Mar-2008, 15:13   #5
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
'Nearing middle aged'
Old 20-Mar-2008, 15:19   #6
Rainy
Monkeh Feel0r
Tournaments Won: 1
Rainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond repute
Norfolk Ya just a fucking northan miserable cunt

TBM Rainy 
Old 20-Mar-2008, 15:22   #7
*XeR0x*
Eyebrows
*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute
Fucking hell thats a long post, I will say something here, I've never been into gaming as much as my HL and CS days, eagerley awaiting the next release of CS and it taking fucking hours to download, those were the days for me - Actually paying for a clan server and stuff like that.

Console games will never appeal to me as much as PC games, but I have a 360 now becasue my PC is so long in the tooth and I have never got round to upgrading it. Im actually pretty sure if i upgraded and got TF2 i would get into it alot more..
Old 20-Mar-2008, 15:22   #8
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
I can see there will be no serious answers here. You ratbags.

[Edit]Apart from Chris. Thanks
Old 20-Mar-2008, 15:23   #9
*XeR0x*
Eyebrows
*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute
^
Old 20-Mar-2008, 15:23   #10
Heartwork
Hamish McJewstein
Heartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond repute
Frankly I'm the same nowadays. I'm planning on getting an xbox 360 when I get home for the sake of maybe 2 or 3 games and to have a dvd player in my room to go with my new TV. I'm not even bothering to upgrade my PC with its Radeon 9800pro because theres about 1 game every 6 months which looks at all interesting to me, and the only games I've played over the last year at least which have held my interest are the Football Manager games, and Diablo 2 and Dawn of War cause I've been playing them with friends.
There's a fair few games on the 360 that look good, but I've got to admit the only reason I'm planning on getting one is for a few multiplayer games with my friends that don't live in Glasgow. I don't even feel any desire to check out what's coming out and read up on new releases anymore, it's all overpriced and the games last about 6 hours with sod all replay value. I'm just praying the 360 doesn't end up like my PS2, I bought about 10 games overall for that, I don't think I played any of them for longer than about a week and with the exception of GTA3 I never went back to them really either.
Having said that though, I guess I've just never found a game which was as fun and as competitive as something like CS was back when I used to play it a lot, or a game which I enjoyed as much as the old Blueyonder Jedi Knight 2 duel servers.
Old 20-Mar-2008, 15:24   #11
*XeR0x*
Eyebrows
I'll add to my post now. I very rarely play on my 360, i mainly use it for streaming video to TV, and as you said Ian, the ONLY game I am waiting for is the new GTA
Old 20-Mar-2008, 15:27   #12
Mr_Skiff
Under The Thumb
Mr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond repute
I feel your pain Norfolk, after blowing a grand on my PC I mostly still play all the old retro games like Xcom, MOO2 and CC5. There was a game that was released recently called Lost Empire: Immortals that caught my attention but it started to lack after the 2nd hour of playing it. These kind of games feel like more work than pleasure, COH still rates very highly as it has something other RTS's dont have (Cover, upkeep and a sheer vareity of tactics)

Remember Elite? I used to play that everyday when I was a nipper, it was completely new and exciting, I had never played anything like that before. The only other space sim game that came close to it was the Wing Commander series, again it was quite fresh/new and I cared for the characters (I was choked after flying with Vagabond for 3 WC games and he actually dies!)

Your right about games being repackaged now, alot of them are gash but I think its because nothing new and fresh has been released. When the computer game age was still young, the games were infintely better, each new idea started off a genre but these genres have now been flogged to death.

We need a new idea, a new genre.
Old 20-Mar-2008, 15:34   #13
*XeR0x*
Eyebrows
The trouble is (i skimmed norfolks post and think he covered this) the game manufacturers are just spewing these games out as quickly as possible, most games i look at on the shelf i think either "shite" or "wtf is that" or "thats just another copy of xxx" Eg - How many games have been released that copied the basic principals as nfs, i bet few of the gamers today realise acually how old the need for speed series actually is and how many games spawned off need for speed underground, I mean EA alone are on thier 6th game after underground in that series. The early need for speeds for back in the day when EA were better but now EA are just a huge game making machine.

Another thing- Films into games or games into films, they just do it now becasue they can and it will make a bit more revenue, almost every action/fantasy type film have a game released and they are always utter shite.

Now i know you don't like it Ian but they need to spend alot more time, imagination and though into games, Bioshock for one blew me away, it was one of the most beutiful games i ever saw, everything designed to perfection, (like when you saw your first game with a 3D accelerated card)

Last edited by *XeR0x*; 20-Mar-2008 at 15:48.
 ZooProject   Langdale 
Old 20-Mar-2008, 15:36   #14
gimpchimp
posts sponsored by spam
gimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond reputegimpchimp has a reputation beyond repute
Norfolk, on a complete tangent, are you an Intelligence Analyst in the Police Force?
Send a message via MSN to gimpchimp  NostrusUK 
Old 20-Mar-2008, 15:36   #15
*XeR0x*
Eyebrows
no
Old 20-Mar-2008, 15:38   #16
Nephand
troll
Nephand has a reputation beyond reputeNephand has a reputation beyond reputeNephand has a reputation beyond reputeNephand has a reputation beyond reputeNephand has a reputation beyond reputeNephand has a reputation beyond reputeNephand has a reputation beyond reputeNephand has a reputation beyond reputeNephand has a reputation beyond reputeNephand has a reputation beyond reputeNephand has a reputation beyond repute
They're naturally losing their appeal because you've "been around". The concepts they're "refining" in new games were, in many cases, present back in the oldies. They just have the tech to, for the most part, layer gimmicks over gameplay that's always existed (or they've just removed the gameplay and left the gimmicks).

It's only natural that innovative games are harder to come by. I know my passion for gaming has faded, but I think that's as much because of the 'timesink' I've come to see games as. That time is time I could be using for something more productive, so I end up just wanting quick blasts, whereas a lot of games can be there to take up hours of your time.

There are still occasionally games that look promising Prototype, Spore (although I'm more interested with what people will do with the tech beyond spore than spore itself)... muhmorpergers are mostly dead to me. They're the worst kind of time leach :\

So, yeah. It's an age thing in my opinion. You've been around the block too many times you dirty whore of gaming. There will be the occasional trick that will grab your attention, but they're only going to get fewer and farther between!
Old 20-Mar-2008, 15:40   #17
The Big Kahuna
**** off Lester
They should give Sentinel to someone who knows their arse from their elbow, Valve perhaps. That's just begging for a decent remake.
Old 20-Mar-2008, 15:46   #18
Mr_Skiff
Under The Thumb
Mr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond repute
Just to echo your statment on the games into films Xerox:

Kilrathi - Game:

Kilrathi - Film:

The director that made this film needs to be shot, they butchered the Killrathi and even made Paladin (Scottish speaking actor) into a cheese eating French surrender monkey!

Last edited by Mr_Skiff; 20-Mar-2008 at 15:57.
Old 20-Mar-2008, 15:48   #19
Rizzy
Jizzard's sleeve
Rizzy has a reputation beyond reputeRizzy has a reputation beyond reputeRizzy has a reputation beyond reputeRizzy has a reputation beyond reputeRizzy has a reputation beyond reputeRizzy has a reputation beyond reputeRizzy has a reputation beyond reputeRizzy has a reputation beyond reputeRizzy has a reputation beyond reputeRizzy has a reputation beyond reputeRizzy has a reputation beyond repute
You dirty northern cock munching spoon burgler!

I feel much the same. Been steadily losing interest in games for the last couple of years.
 priceyphil   4210-4173-4021 
Old 20-Mar-2008, 15:50   #20
*XeR0x*
Eyebrows
I loved Wing Commander : Prophecy !
Old 20-Mar-2008, 15:59   #21
RockWhore
Pleasure to Kill
RockWhore has a reputation beyond reputeRockWhore has a reputation beyond reputeRockWhore has a reputation beyond reputeRockWhore has a reputation beyond reputeRockWhore has a reputation beyond reputeRockWhore has a reputation beyond reputeRockWhore has a reputation beyond reputeRockWhore has a reputation beyond reputeRockWhore has a reputation beyond reputeRockWhore has a reputation beyond reputeRockWhore has a reputation beyond repute
The Club sounded like it was taking the FPS genre in a new interesting direction, I can't think of a similar title. I was quite disappointed when I actually played it though...bugger!
Old 20-Mar-2008, 16:01   #22
The Big Kahuna
**** off Lester
Try this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REAL-ROBINSON-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 20-Mar-2008, 16:10   #23
golgo 13
Anal fistulas are fun
golgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond reputegolgo 13 has a reputation beyond repute
I feel your pain. There are not many games coming out that interest me at the moment plus my gaming time is very much limited now due to having a 14 month baby.

I bought as PSP for my birthday in Jan and its been a godsend as I have been using that most of the time playing FF:Tactics (65 hours at the moment) and that game is 10 years old! My DS is currently not doing much.

I also have a PS3 but there is not much coming out on that that interests me apart from Metal Gear, Final Fantasy and Tekken 6 (maybe if it does not have a cheap end of game boss like 5). I find playing FPS games annoying on a console as I know a k/m combo is much better to use and is much more satisfying on PC.

I am also getting annoyed buy crap game mechanics. For example I have been playing Uncharted which I have enjoyed. Well until you have to do this long section holding off respawning monsters and flicking switches which release even more monsters. The game up to this point was fun with nice tight together save points but not here as I played it twice and after 20 mins each time died. These monsters can hit once or twice to kill you. So I gave up and played something else. I doubt I will return back to this game. The same happened with Crysis I really loved the game until I got to the aliens and then stopped playing as it just became crap.

All I seem to read now is how developers are making this game or that game easier for casual games to play which is playing its part in gaming becoming boring as games at the moment seem to be all fps/3rd person/driving and not a lot of Japanese development.

One game I do really like is TF2 and I play it most Sundays as you can just drop in and out. I really mean to play COD4 online but I don't have the time to play and earn the ranks and learn the maps so TF2 always seems to take precedence.

I doubt if my ramblings have made any points as they generally don't but these are the games I am looking forward to in the next few months:

Vegas 2 for PC (I enjoyed the first so more of the same is OK with me).
The new FFVII game for PSP
The new Metal Gear game for PS3
Far Cry 2 (no monsters I hope)
Left 4 Dead

Not much of a list is it?

http://www.swlangaming.co.uk/
 postal_pat 
Old 20-Mar-2008, 16:13   #24
oxy
"this can't end well"
oxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond repute
aye, games are boring nowadays and im not old ffs

random slothcore spammage is the only thing that entertains me game-wise these days
 oxeh 
Old 20-Mar-2008, 16:23   #25
Screwy
pump, squirt
Screwy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond repute
cod4 has got my attention at the moment, but no other game really got me like sof2 did..

but those days are long gone, games these days are pretty garbage. hyped up to death and then when you go to play them you realise they are shite, crysis being one of the major games like this.

bioshock was a great game to start with, but got boring.
Cheese on toast.
Send a message via AIM to Screwy Send a message via MSN to Screwy  hughmcgee 
Old 20-Mar-2008, 16:25   #26
Bilb
Amazeballs!
Bilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond repute
Yep, I bought my PS3 for blu ray films and streaming media.

Although going to get a decent movie and game rental subscription as I don't even fancy building a huge BluRay collection. Plus I enjoy games once in a while, but not enough to pay 50 quid for them.

Edit: In fact if I had the room, id prefer to pay a grand for a Concept 2 rowing machine than 50 quid for a computer game!
Old 20-Mar-2008, 16:28   #27
CryBaby
spam isn't just for eating
CryBaby has a reputation beyond reputeCryBaby has a reputation beyond reputeCryBaby has a reputation beyond reputeCryBaby has a reputation beyond reputeCryBaby has a reputation beyond reputeCryBaby has a reputation beyond reputeCryBaby has a reputation beyond reputeCryBaby has a reputation beyond reputeCryBaby has a reputation beyond reputeCryBaby has a reputation beyond reputeCryBaby has a reputation beyond repute
Post too long. You suck.
Old 20-Mar-2008, 16:28   #28
xhaust
will post for food
xhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond reputexhaust has a reputation beyond repute
Im 23 and have been playing game since i was 8 (I recall getting Super Mario Bros 2 on the NES for my 8th birthday, what a loada shit that was). I first started playing TFC online at about 14 racking up 300+ phone bills on dial up.

I remember enjoying playing in clans which i did for about 5 years although now i havent been arsed to play clangames for at least 4 years. Why?

Well tbh most games are the same but are packaged slightly differently. Each game offers a slight slant on the same concept. The industry has gone stale for me churning out countless uninspiring titles but offer little enjoyment. I still enjoy TF2 but i find im just mindlessly owning the wireplay and jolt servers which gets rather boring.

Also I think that after nearly 15 years of gaming ive done it all anyhow. I imagine the next 15 years will be more of the same until some really inovative tech comes out, pressing a few buttons on a keyboard can only entertain for so long.

Prehaps its time to move away from gaming and onto something else? Learn to play an instrament, train for a marathon, go travelling? Its a big wide world out there after all...
Old 20-Mar-2008, 16:32   #29
*XeR0x*
Eyebrows
yeah but you can't die in real life and then load the saved game up again
Old 20-Mar-2008, 16:32   #30
*XeR0x*
Eyebrows
If only you could F6 in real life

Go Back   trickery.net > General > Discussion