trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > General > Discussion

Old 19-May-2008, 15:17   #301
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood God View Post
I'd advise you not to drive in NY then, it's worse there.
Yep they also make bigger dents in your car

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

1.To perform an amazing act without witness.
2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.
Old 19-May-2008, 15:45   #302
pHk
lolzipan
pHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond repute
Activate Windows
Old 19-May-2008, 16:13   #303
CryBaby
spam isn't just for eating
CryBaby has a reputation beyond reputeCryBaby has a reputation beyond reputeCryBaby has a reputation beyond reputeCryBaby has a reputation beyond reputeCryBaby has a reputation beyond reputeCryBaby has a reputation beyond reputeCryBaby has a reputation beyond reputeCryBaby has a reputation beyond reputeCryBaby has a reputation beyond reputeCryBaby has a reputation beyond reputeCryBaby has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bag View Post
Minor annoyance of the day:

Cash machines.... What the hell do these people do at cash machines ? are they trying to pay their mortgage or something ?? HOW FUCKING LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET SOME GOD DAMN MONEY OUT??? I've actually started timing people on how long it takes them and on average I can do it in a 1/4 of the time it takes them. Fucks sake you have to press about 6 buttons... it doesn't take 2 fucking minutes you twats.

I wasn't going to go off on driving in here but now I am riled. 2 lanes go into 3 on the motorway, the 2nd lane becomes the 3rd outside lane.... WHY ARE YOU SITTING THERE AT 60MPH. EVERY fucking day some retard does this on the same section of motorway. No longer will I tolerate this, I undertake them every day now and if I crash I hope they die a more slow and painful death than I do. I make sure I beep, flash, hazards and wave my arms as much as possible as I pass them in the hope I distract them enough to crash, alas it hasn't worked as of yet but I shall keep on trying.

Look unless you are in some stupidly lowered car (in which case you are a twat anyway) you don't have to slow down to 10mph to go over a speed bump... i've managed it fine with broken suspension for 2 months so i'm sure you can fucking manage it. Yes today I overtook someone in a 30mph zone for the first time for being a speedbump retard.

I consider myself a bit of an expert at ranting and this is a fine piece of work! I have removed the lottery comment and the happy meals comments as they would reduce your overall mark on my rantometer (lottery ticket queing is your fault and my kids eat happy meals - but it IS fucking annoying when I'm not with my kids).

9/10 +rep
Old 19-May-2008, 16:48   #304
qui`
HAI, I am NOT teh Iron Man!
qui` has a reputation beyond reputequi` has a reputation beyond reputequi` has a reputation beyond reputequi` has a reputation beyond reputequi` has a reputation beyond reputequi` has a reputation beyond reputequi` has a reputation beyond reputequi` has a reputation beyond reputequi` has a reputation beyond reputequi` has a reputation beyond reputequi` has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Cash machines.... What the hell do these people do at cash machines ? are they trying to pay their mortgage or something ?? HOW FUCKING LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET SOME GOD DAMN MONEY OUT??? I've actually started timing people on how long it takes them and on average I can do it in a 1/4 of the time it takes them. Fucks sake you have to press about 6 buttons... it doesn't take 2 fucking minutes you twats.
Amen Brother
Old 19-May-2008, 17:11   #305
Jamey
The swagger of a cripple
Jamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond reputeJamey has a reputation beyond repute
I think the cashpoint thing is possibly the only thing in the history of trickery that everyone agrees on, although this is by no means the first time it's been mentioned.

In fact, maybe we should stage some sort of cashpoint speed championship. Perhaps at the BDC?
Old 19-May-2008, 17:22   #306
Ned
each time i post god kills a kitten
Tournaments Won: 1
Ned has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, you give us your card, and pin, and we see how quickly we can empty your account
Old 19-May-2008, 18:41   #307
Norphy
bandwidth bill in the post
Norphy has a reputation beyond reputeNorphy has a reputation beyond reputeNorphy has a reputation beyond reputeNorphy has a reputation beyond reputeNorphy has a reputation beyond reputeNorphy has a reputation beyond reputeNorphy has a reputation beyond reputeNorphy has a reputation beyond reputeNorphy has a reputation beyond reputeNorphy has a reputation beyond reputeNorphy has a reputation beyond repute
I have spent upwards of a minute at a cashpoint before... but in all fairness in that instance I did top up my phone and get some cash out. I don't usually spend more than 30 seconds or so at a cashpoint.
Send a message via ICQ to Norphy Send a message via MSN to Norphy
Old 19-May-2008, 18:51   #308
Blood God
Destroyer of economies
Blood God has a reputation beyond reputeBlood God has a reputation beyond reputeBlood God has a reputation beyond reputeBlood God has a reputation beyond reputeBlood God has a reputation beyond reputeBlood God has a reputation beyond reputeBlood God has a reputation beyond reputeBlood God has a reputation beyond reputeBlood God has a reputation beyond reputeBlood God has a reputation beyond reputeBlood God has a reputation beyond repute
Longest I've spent was a couple of minutes... when the machine was infuriatingly slow itself... and some bastard had deemed that the sign indicating this was best placed closer to the adjacent machine. After finally getting my cash I moved the sign to be on the machine itself to prevent any other pain.
 BlitherJet 
Old 19-May-2008, 18:52   #309
MaNiC^
off topic
Tournaments Won: 5
MaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond reputeMaNiC^ has a reputation beyond repute
longest I've spent at a cashpoint is probably 2 minutes, that was to check balance, get money, then realise I owed someone money so had to get more out, other then that 30 second job :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamey
We had a fight and Kirk won. He beat me to a pulp and I cried... I cried like a little bitch because I'm so gay.
Quote:
You call that breaking my spine?! You red team ladies wouldn't know how to break a spi *snap* *crash* ARGH MY SPINE!!!
Send a message via MSN to MaNiC^  Insomnikal 
Old 20-May-2008, 07:58   #310
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood God View Post
Longest I've spent was a couple of minutes... when the machine was infuriatingly slow itself... and some bastard had deemed that the sign indicating this was best placed closer to the adjacent machine. After finally getting my cash I moved the sign to be on the machine itself to prevent any other pain.
...to find the adjacent machine was even slower, and someone moved the sign back again!
Old 20-May-2008, 08:27   #311
qui
Iron Man 3
qui has a reputation beyond reputequi has a reputation beyond reputequi has a reputation beyond reputequi has a reputation beyond reputequi has a reputation beyond reputequi has a reputation beyond reputequi has a reputation beyond reputequi has a reputation beyond reputequi has a reputation beyond reputequi has a reputation beyond reputequi has a reputation beyond repute
Councillors and Comittee meetings
Old 20-May-2008, 09:09   #312
jackthezipper
Real Life Boomer
jackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond repute
on the cash machine note:

Coop cash machines that only let you take out £20 or more and then have the cheek to give you it in two tens!
Old 20-May-2008, 09:37   #313
Bilb
Amazeballs!
Bilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by qui View Post
Councillors and Comittee meetings
Councillors ... bah only interested in feathering their own nests, and getting things done that they want sorted. Rarely have I seen one whom actually gets things done for other people.
Old 20-May-2008, 09:50   #314
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
c.f Rainy, page 1.
Old 20-May-2008, 10:07   #315
ReichSteadyCrew
post count reset at 9999
ReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackthezipper View Post
on the cash machine note:

Coop cash machines that only let you take out £20 or more and then have the cheek to give you it in two tens!
If you choose "Other Amount" you can then choose a tenner
Old 20-May-2008, 10:26   #316
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
Directors who don't have the creative flair to be able to use powerpoint to produce a half-decent presentation who then have the gall to say they don't like the fantastic work of art that you have put together for them. This hasn't happened yet but I have a premonition...
Old 20-May-2008, 11:48   #317
Blood God
Destroyer of economies
Blood God has a reputation beyond reputeBlood God has a reputation beyond reputeBlood God has a reputation beyond reputeBlood God has a reputation beyond reputeBlood God has a reputation beyond reputeBlood God has a reputation beyond reputeBlood God has a reputation beyond reputeBlood God has a reputation beyond reputeBlood God has a reputation beyond reputeBlood God has a reputation beyond reputeBlood God has a reputation beyond repute
Powerpoint in general. At least after last week. AAAAAAAAARGH!
 BlitherJet 
Old 20-May-2008, 11:58   #318
jackthezipper
Real Life Boomer
jackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond reputejackthezipper has a reputation beyond repute
Exams
Old 20-May-2008, 11:59   #319
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Q-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond reputeQ-Target has a reputation beyond repute
Amusingly, my brief was as follows:

* put a lot of high resolution graphics into it and make it more "Londony"
* make it look professional as it is for an American audience

So, the 19 slide presentation now weighs in at 27MB (note: I originally put that with a lower case b then realised Jamey would correct me and there's no way that was gonna happen) and that's with the graphics compressed. Epic.
Old 20-May-2008, 12:01   #320
eek
Not a leek!
eek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond repute
re-making assets from our creative dept so I can actually use them
 eekaleek 
Old 20-May-2008, 12:21   #321
Sysagent
OCD... OCD... OCD... OCD
Sysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norfolk'n'Clue View Post
No, probably not. Just makes me a bit edgy a US company owning the data centres where our servers for the NHS system will be held. There are such strict guidelines for data processing and support for this system (i.e. nothing outside the mainland) that although it should make no difference a US company merely owning the buildings (and the access protocol etc) where the data is kept, it just makes me...well...uncomfortable.

Also, it feels like BT is pawning the family jewels a little.
LOL!

Well EDS manage / control / own all the Datacenters for the DWP which includes the CSA, Jobcenters, Pensions etc etc

Thing is EDS keep trying (and failing) to "best shore" a lot of our work but the Gov't keep putting stoppers on it...

Understandably.
Old 20-May-2008, 12:23   #322
funkeh
Knerps for moisture...
funkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond repute
Removing old tiles from a staircase and making good, utter pain in the arse, 11 to go
Old 20-May-2008, 12:53   #323
Sysagent
OCD... OCD... OCD... OCD
Sysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond repute
O yeh and my rant of the fortnight, just not a single day goes to...

DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL
DIE! DELL DIE! DELLDIE! DELLDIE! DELLDIE! DELLDIE! DELLDIE! DELLDIE! DELLDIE! DELLDIE! DELLDIE! DELLDIE! DELLDIE! DELLDIE! DELLDIE! DELLDIE! DELLDIE! DELLDIE! DELLDIE! DELLDIE! DELLDIE! DELL DIE!

The Dell "technician" arrived yesterday two hours late, clutching many boxes of shit containing the following items:-

1x new motherboard
2x new harddrives
2x new hardrive cables
1x new power supply unit

In the vain attempt to repair my PC and stop the consistant lock ups, did it fix it?

Did it fuck!

The "technican" couldn't bale out quick enough...

Anyways every cloud has a silver lining and Dell are going to swap out the cheap refurbished model with a "like for like" new model, so I suppose I have got a result in a way.

(that's assuming that the new one works)
Old 20-May-2008, 13:07   #324
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Being as the problem was with the gfx and PSU combo the technician was thoroughly equipped to fail.

Anyway...mini-rant:

Outlook suddenly deciding it needs time to think for 30 seconds every couple of minutes while I'm in the middle of a rather lengthy email reply. No sign of precisely what it is doing or why either...cunt.
Old 20-May-2008, 13:17   #325
Sysagent
OCD... OCD... OCD... OCD
Cached Exchange Mode
Old 20-May-2008, 13:18   #326
Bilb
Amazeballs!
Bilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond repute
Is it using Word to edit/create your emails? That always slows the bugger down!
Old 20-May-2008, 13:20   #327
Norphy
bandwidth bill in the post
Norphy has a reputation beyond reputeNorphy has a reputation beyond reputeNorphy has a reputation beyond reputeNorphy has a reputation beyond reputeNorphy has a reputation beyond reputeNorphy has a reputation beyond reputeNorphy has a reputation beyond reputeNorphy has a reputation beyond reputeNorphy has a reputation beyond reputeNorphy has a reputation beyond reputeNorphy has a reputation beyond repute
And makes the email six times bigger than it needs to be...
Send a message via ICQ to Norphy Send a message via MSN to Norphy
Old 20-May-2008, 13:24   #328
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Yes. Cunt.
Old 20-May-2008, 13:31   #329
Ned
each time i post god kills a kitten
Ned has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond repute
That, or your mail box is massive. AUTO ARCHIVE.
Old 20-May-2008, 13:32   #330
Q-Target
AKA QuebecTango
Well, massive is a relative term. <insert beadle's cock joke here>

1838 messages that I cba to sort out...so that might be it.

Go Back   trickery.net > General > Discussion

Tags
ang0r, belgian peashooters, everyone hates funkeh, funkeh's bum nautilus, funkehs anal stretching, gear grinders, it's not a student loan, its candygram for mongo !, lost that loving feline, mongo likes candy, southampton locals, t-bag - whinging c.1981, tbag being mental, telegram for mongo..., too much information, urine heaters