trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 31-Aug-2017, 12:35   #91
Beef~
res ipsa loquitur
Beef~'s Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: on the left
Posts: 4,798
Beef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not surprised that the UK has financial obligations in respect of the EU's liabilities - it would be an utter nightmare to quantify but the fact it exists shouldn't be in doubt.
Beef~ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 31-Aug-2017, 13:26   #92
Orange
ditto
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,885
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Not one penny!
Orange is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 31-Aug-2017, 14:59   #93
Beef~
res ipsa loquitur
Beef~'s Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: on the left
Posts: 4,798
Beef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond repute
I'd be interested to hear why the EU think we should only take on a share of the liabilities and not the assets. That is, if it isn't just a negotiating position. The FY15 accounts reports that the EU has a net liability of EUR 58bn. A big chunk of that is for pensions.
Beef~ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 31-Aug-2017, 15:30   #94
leady
click here to reset post count
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,472
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
Surely the EU should welcome a deal that's just pay for free trade access and no FoM, After all immigrants are a fiscal boon so leaving for the rest of the EU is a win for them
leady is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 31-Aug-2017, 15:54   #95
Ferg
Default Title Here
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,997
Ferg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond repute
They can't do it. More countries would want the same deal and the whole thing would fall apart.

They won't be able to back down.
Ferg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 31-Aug-2017, 15:59   #96
leady
click here to reset post count
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,472
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
But that just leaves even more beneficial workers for remaining members of the HRE...
leady is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 31-Aug-2017, 17:12   #97
burundi
WARNING: May contain nuts
burundi's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Prestonia
Posts: 11,502
burundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond repute
Well followed Pro Brexit twitter account appears to be part of Russian cyber disinformation/destabilisation campaign.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7920181.html

Remember how the Brexiteers mocked when Cameron said Brexit would aid Russia, well they certainly seem to be pro-Brexit, enough of a reason for the UK not to have been.
__________________
I arose gigantic and black, I howled at the night and the night howled back.
burundi is offline  
 Geldrey 
Reply With Quote
Old 31-Aug-2017, 19:06   #98
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
EvilGrin's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lancs, UK.
Posts: 8,102
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
Как проходят уроки русского языка?
__________________
Edugeek - Techies in Education!
EvilGrin is offline  
Send a message via ICQ to EvilGrin Send a message via AIM to EvilGrin Send a message via MSN to EvilGrin Send a message via Yahoo to EvilGrin  EvilGrinUK 
Reply With Quote
Old 31-Aug-2017, 19:30   #99
Orange
ditto
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,885
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Hold it up to a mirror upside down?
Orange is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-Sep-2017, 07:14   #100
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the pipe, five by five.
Posts: 16,480
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
Funny you say that B, last week I found this info on an org set up to track over 600 twitter accounts positively identified as being influenced by Russia, and what to do about it. To do with the US, mainly, but same same.

http://securingdemocracy.gmfus.org/a...ring-democracy

Is called the Hamilton 68 Dashboard. Snappy, huh?

http://securingdemocracy.gmfus.org/b...mation-twitter
__________________
http://bit.ly/debatethebill

Last edited by Scrobbs; 01-Sep-2017 at 07:20.
Scrobbs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-2017, 05:38   #101
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,839
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Government plans to curb immigration of low skilled EU migrants.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41168091
cunning-stunt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-2017, 09:45   #102
leady
click here to reset post count
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,472
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
I like that that is somehow news to the bbc
leady is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-2017, 09:47   #103
andy
aka milk!
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: London
Posts: 5,196
andy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond repute
Indeed.
andy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-2017, 10:05   #104
Sh0cked
founder of the +1 forum
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Liverpool, UK (Evertonian)
Posts: 3,759
Sh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond repute
It will be terrible news for every Brexit voter when they go for lunch at Subway/Pret and the queue is out the door because all those polish workers have pissed off...
Sh0cked is offline  
 sh0ck3d 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-2017, 10:07   #105
leady
click here to reset post count
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,472
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
We'll just have to deal with spotty 16 year olds like in 2000
leady is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-2017, 10:11   #106
Inertiaman
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 39,457
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by leady View Post
I like that that is somehow news to the bbc
It's news because it's a bellwether leak with the first details about how the government intend to detail the bill. The detail is very important to business because you need to know what rights your recruitment pool has in eighteen months.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic
what you say doesn't count for shit because you rely on quotes from websites that are obviously biased
Inertiaman is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-2017, 10:13   #107
Inertiaman
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 39,457
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Oh and yay it's now the responsibility of commerce to provide further education.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic
what you say doesn't count for shit because you rely on quotes from websites that are obviously biased
Inertiaman is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-2017, 10:22   #108
Sh0cked
founder of the +1 forum
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Liverpool, UK (Evertonian)
Posts: 3,759
Sh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond repute
I'm utterly confused why people are treating Brexit like a football team. When your given economic facts and identifiable downsides to Brexit the response shouldn't be the same as a fan whos team just conceded a goal, but still convinced your going to win the game.
Sh0cked is offline  
 sh0ck3d 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-2017, 10:27   #109
leady
click here to reset post count
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,472
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
Personally I'm not pro brexit or anti EU immigration because the crushing of working class wages is nothing but a boon to me. I can see why they aren't happy with it though
leady is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-2017, 10:34   #110
Sh0cked
founder of the +1 forum
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Liverpool, UK (Evertonian)
Posts: 3,759
Sh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sorry but is there any actual empirical evidence that shows that immigration actually does link to wage erosion? Serious question that I'm going to actually go google now.

Because I don't 'believe' that immigration is a major factor. I'm more inclined to believe automation/technology and other factors are largely the reason.

Hi-Ho.. off to Google I go.
Sh0cked is offline  
 sh0ck3d 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-2017, 10:36   #111
Inertiaman
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 39,457
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by leady View Post
Personally I'm not pro brexit or anti EU immigration because the crushing of working class wages is nothing but a boon to me. I can see why they aren't happy with it though
That's because you haven't realised how your own salary is funded.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic
what you say doesn't count for shit because you rely on quotes from websites that are obviously biased
Inertiaman is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-2017, 10:45   #112
Sh0cked
founder of the +1 forum
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Liverpool, UK (Evertonian)
Posts: 3,759
Sh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond repute
So initial quick Google suggests that Immigration has an impact. For someone on a salary just above the statutory minimum wage say £8 an hour that would be 1-2p or about £2.80 a month.

Research suggests that technology, automation and other factors do and have had far bigger impact. Just easier to blame immigrants I guess.
Sh0cked is offline  
 sh0ck3d 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-2017, 10:45   #113
stepper
empty minds post alike
stepper's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,191
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by leady View Post
Personally I'm not pro brexit or anti EU immigration because the crushing of working class wages is nothing but a boon to me. I can see why they aren't happy with it though
So reducing the wages of those who need an increase more than most in society is beneficial to you? Does that make you feel good inside?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierro
Come on Chelsea!
"I'm not getting out of bed until I get fucked!" - Marcus Antonius, 31 BC
stepper is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-2017, 10:47   #114
leady
click here to reset post count
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,472
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0cked View Post
I'm sorry but is there any actual empirical evidence that shows that immigration actually does link to wage erosion? Serious question that I'm going to actually go google now.

Because I don't 'believe' that immigration is a major factor. I'm more inclined to believe automation/technology and other factors are largely the reason.
Yes - but its highly targeted as you might expect at the lower end of the wage spectrum and other directly interchangeable trades jobs.

But yes globalisation will have had a greater effect generally, tech not so much (the promise that never delivers)

very anecdotally, but remember all those "plumbers earing 75k a year" red top headlines from the early Blair years? Guess why they don't exist anymore
leady is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-2017, 10:50   #115
Inertiaman
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 39,457
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by leady View Post
tech not so much (the promise that never delivers)
Said no high street retailer ever.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic
what you say doesn't count for shit because you rely on quotes from websites that are obviously biased
Inertiaman is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-2017, 10:52   #116
leady
click here to reset post count
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,472
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepper View Post
So reducing the wages of those who need an increase more than most in society is beneficial to you? Does that make you feel good inside?
No - I'm just honest about it and my derived decisions. Its also why I don't get that angry when they then vote for something that cost me 15% overnight because that's their best interest (at least perceived).

Its the "stupid plebs voting for Brexit" people you should have words with
leady is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-2017, 10:55   #117
stepper
empty minds post alike
stepper's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,191
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
Or the ignorant selfish people who are thinking of nothing but their own agendas
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierro
Come on Chelsea!
"I'm not getting out of bed until I get fucked!" - Marcus Antonius, 31 BC
stepper is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-2017, 10:59   #118
leady
click here to reset post count
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,472
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
that's everyone practically
leady is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-2017, 11:01   #119
stepper
empty minds post alike
stepper's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,191
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
No, it really isn't.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierro
Come on Chelsea!
"I'm not getting out of bed until I get fucked!" - Marcus Antonius, 31 BC
stepper is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-Sep-2017, 11:05   #120
Sh0cked
founder of the +1 forum
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Liverpool, UK (Evertonian)
Posts: 3,759
Sh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond repute
Actually it really is Stepper, I voted to remain because I broadly see immigration as a key component of a successful country and economy. I also voted remain because I believe being part of the Bloc makes us stronger and as a result makes me personally wealthier as a result of that strength.

I didn't vote to remain for noble reasons, I voted for selfish ones.
Sh0cked is offline  
 sh0ck3d 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Politics 2017 Inertiaman Current Affairs 5198 01-Jan-2018 13:04
EU Referendum andy Current Affairs 1808 11-Sep-2017 12:03
Ready Brexit EvilGrin YouTube/LiveLeak etc 0 03-Mar-2016 20:10

Users Viewing Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0 Release Candidate 3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2003 - 2013, trickery.net