trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Science Fiction

Old 05-Oct-2018, 14:17   #1
Eja Cool8
Wears Stockings
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
Post Doctor Who 2019

So, controversy abounds. The mysoginists and "Incels" are on the fecking warpath, and worst of all, Doctor Who has been moved to a fecking Sunday. Perhaps they'll pair it with Songs of Praise in the "ScFi Slot"...

I'm going to miss Capaldi. By far my favourite Doctor for decades, but hey, Time Lords march on. I've never sat down and watched Whittaker at work, she's never been in anything that I've felt in any way compelled to watch, but a chance she deserves, and a chance she shall get. At least until the end of the Xmas special.

My one abiding concern is the cast; specifically Bradley bloody Walsh. The guy's fine as a gameshow host, but I'm really not looking forward to what he's going to do to this series. Again though, the proof shall be in ye olde pudding. Slight concern also about the sheer number of hangers-on in the Tardis. I prefer a quality Doctor with one other decent actor to bounce off. Jenna Coleman was especially good in that respect, with some occasional Nardole for comic relief.

Let's see..

Steve Fainaru: "Big Boy Rules"

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato
 Ecch!   away foul box!   You must be kidding! 
Old 05-Oct-2018, 18:01   #2
PsYcHoKiLLa
topic of the pops
PsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond repute
From what I've seen of her she's a decent actress, I don't think I'm sexist but I think it'll be hard not to think of her as a companion for a while, maybe once she starts waving her sonic about.
Old 05-Oct-2018, 19:23   #3
Nomad
i fear no midget
Nomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond repute
look at this cast, it's discriminatory bullshit. i demand someone in a wheelchair for a slow speed escape from the daleks

plus there's never a tourette's when you want one
Old 05-Oct-2018, 22:58   #4
GroovYF
Octave Doctor
GroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
look at this cast, it's discriminatory bullshit. i demand someone in a wheelchair for a slow speed escape from the daleks
A cameo from Davros should tick that box
Old 07-Oct-2018, 20:19   #5
Eja Cool8
Wears Stockings
Eja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond reputeEja Cool8 has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty underwhelming first episode. Whittaker had some good moments, I'm warming to her. Definitely get the feeling that the overall tone is being forced back to the light side, compared to the Capaldi years. Less Malcolm Tucker, more Albert Arkwright. Doctor Who has never been at its best when leaning that way.

One thing that did irk me was the inclusion of Lee Mack in the upcoming cast preview. Never liked the c**t. He just gets my shifty fecker alarm bell ringing.

Only one episode though. Nary a TARDIS to be seen. I'm still going to be watching.

"Every man and woman should play the noblest games and be of another mind from what they are at present."

Plato
Old 08-Oct-2018, 18:11   #6
PsYcHoKiLLa
topic of the pops
PsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure WTF the luvvyfest at the end was all about, previous seasons would've given you a preview of the upcoming stories not their showbiz buddies who were in them. Apart from that it was decent enough but Chibnall isn't supposed to be the best writer the show has had and he's now showrunner.

Last edited by PsYcHoKiLLa; 08-Oct-2018 at 23:16.
Old 08-Oct-2018, 18:33   #7
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute
On Victoria Derbyshire this morning they actually asked someone if this was their favourite Dr Who ever
Old 09-Oct-2018, 16:45   #8
Eja Cool8
Wears Stockings

Plato
Old 10-Oct-2018, 00:03   #9
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
Meh to the first episode story wise, she reminds me of Tennant ..or as my dad put it 'it's Tennant with tits'. Can't really judge her fairly until shes done a season or two

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

1.To perform an amazing act without witness.
2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.
Old 10-Oct-2018, 17:15   #10
Eja Cool8
Wears Stockings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen View Post
Meh to the first episode story wise, she reminds me of Tennant ..or as my dad put it 'it's Tennant with tits'. Can't really judge her fairly until shes done a season or two
I was thinking the same thing, and I never thought Tennant was a great Doctor...

Plato
Old 10-Oct-2018, 19:50   #11
[n00b]Zippy
Waterborne Trailer-Trash
[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute[n00b]Zippy has a reputation beyond repute
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1539197290609.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	605  
Old 10-Oct-2018, 19:59   #12
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
cunning-stunt is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Science Fiction

Users Viewing Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)