trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Technical > Software & Security

Old 03-Feb-2007, 15:12   #1
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
Nvidia faces class action lawsuit over Vista drivers

Nvidia is facing a class action lawsuit for false advertising by not providing stable working drivers for Vista. Nvidia has been accused of closing threads on Nvidia's forum and banning users that request a response from Nvidia, post that their Nvidia hardware does not work under Vista, post that Nvidia software does not work under Vista, post that Nvidia is guilty of false advertising, or threaten to sue Nvidia. Several disgruntled users have set up their own site for discussing their legal options.
Old 03-Feb-2007, 15:39   #2
funkeh
Knerps for moisture...
funkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond reputefunkeh has a reputation beyond repute
Great news for me, poxy nvidia nforce3 chipset has fux0red any chance I had of using Vista exclusively.
Old 03-Feb-2007, 16:02   #3
assassin
kidneythieves fan
assassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond repute
I've been on those forums, and half the people don't get that it is a user to user support forum, and that it has always been this way; there are no official technical people from NVidia there, so that bit of the argument is dumb - it's all down to the whim of a mod at the end of the day. Alot of them are typical american "I'll sue you" people who said that barely an hour into the official release day - they have no patience. Alot of them were psting the same thread over and over, rather than just keeping to a few single threads, so it's no wonder they were banned.

However, that's a separate issue as NVidia *does* need to get their act together in the case of drivers not working in some cases; not everyone is getting those problems, but if they've made claims of "stable working drivers" somewhere, then they need to stick by that and get them done. Alot of it is down to their driver teams being split up into some silly system where there are now 4 sets of drivers, XP with 8 series, and XP for everything else, plus Vista with 8 Series, and Vista for everything else - which is far too many drivers to mantain, so they've caused their own problems. The biggest thing I've seen is lack of support for GeForce FX cards, which they said would be supported.

Kidney Thieves www.eventhorizon.co.nr www.darksideradio.com Lacuna Coil Collide VaLkyR Forums
Old 03-Feb-2007, 19:09   #4
Onions
it's still christmas
Onions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond repute
funkeh, what's the issue?
i'm using the nforce3 ultra chipset, and vista has been working perfectly

"As much as onions is a giant ginger bag of mashed twats who doesn't technically constitute one whole human due to his massive lack of self esteem, bad face, and the fact he hails from scotland (the small s is intentional to indicate the insignificance of the place), he does make a valid point!"
Old 03-Feb-2007, 19:21   #5
assassin
kidneythieves fan
assassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond reputeassassin has a reputation beyond repute
He mentioned in another thread that a chipset issue meant he couldn't get dualcore to work - it meant only running one core -down to nForce 3 drivers not being produced by NVidia - that would p*ss me off too!

Kidney Thieves www.eventhorizon.co.nr www.darksideradio.com Lacuna Coil Collide VaLkyR Forums
Old 03-Feb-2007, 19:28   #6
Onions
it's still christmas
Onions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond reputeOnions has a reputation beyond repute
ah, right

"As much as onions is a giant ginger bag of mashed twats who doesn't technically constitute one whole human due to his massive lack of self esteem, bad face, and the fact he hails from scotland (the small s is intentional to indicate the insignificance of the place), he does make a valid point!"
Old 06-Feb-2007, 10:41   #7
popej
topicophiliac
popej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond repute
Just purchased a 64-bit premium home version of Vista. I run an nforce chipset and an 8800 GTS.

After reading most of the press I'm not going to bother upgrading from XP just yet. It would seem waiting for a new Vista service pack or stable forceware is a good idea as one of my systems primary concerns is gaming...

Anyone with experience agree?

Ta.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... [contemptuous laugh] Titans on fire off the shoulder of YZ-LQL. I watched tachyons (tech 2) glitter in the dark near the NOL-M9 Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [small cough] tears... in... rain. Time... to die..."
 gobrun 
Old 06-Feb-2007, 11:59   #8
assassin
kidneythieves fan
Yeah, I'd wait for now - XP still runs all games anyway. I'd give it a couple of months at least.

Old 14-Mar-2017, 22:00   #9
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Oops! Wrong thread.

Last edited by cunning-stunt; 15-Mar-2017 at 07:04.
cunning-stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Mar-2017, 02:48   #10
Lima Whisky
Always watching.
Lima Whisky has disabled reputation
Wooo 10 year old thread resurrection
Send a message via ICQ to Lima Whisky

Go Back   trickery.net > Technical > Software & Security