trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Old 08-Apr-2016, 19:02   #91
Orange
please find me real friends
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Agree entirely on the points around hiding things and thinking they could make this go away.
Old 08-Apr-2016, 19:10   #92
Orange
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody View Post
Within the fund as a corporate entity - not on the taxpayer
Oh sure, don't disagree with that. I was responding to the suggestion that they'd been set up in BVI so that investors benefited from untaxed profits.
Old 08-Apr-2016, 19:18   #93
Goody
my other forum is full
Goody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond repute
It is technically true though unlikely to have made a difference - though not on the capital element - funds obviously receive income as well which if the fund was based in the UK it would pay corporation tax on it so though the investor will pay tax on anything they receive from the fund in income regardless of its origin that income will not have suffered corporation tax on it within the fund unlike in the UK.

But it just so happens to be that the tax position of most UK funds pretty much makes this nil difference for the moment (theyll either be unfranked income or able to offset corporation tax liability with tax deducted at source).

That doesn't mean to say that when the fund was originally setup it didnt give a greater advantage - i have no idea how the rules worked back then - would be surprised if they weren't somewhat more advantageous to being offshore however so I wouldnt go as far as to say that the motives of setting the fund up offshore were clean
Old 08-Apr-2016, 20:46   #94
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
Dave's gone and buggered up again. He didn't declare the 30k to parliament.

http://politicalscrapbook.net/2016/0...e-fund-either/
Old 08-Apr-2016, 20:51   #95
Goody
my other forum is full
Goody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond repute
Good old dave - hes finally found a fuckup so bad that even Corbyn wont pass up the opportunity for a few easy kicks in the balls.

And yet somehow even after this and IDS the torys still have pretty much the same odds of being the largest party at the next election.
Old 08-Apr-2016, 21:36   #96
Orange
May will be a bit of a test on that. If Corbyn can't make inroads after this horseshit....

Famous last words, but IDS was irrelevant.
Old 08-Apr-2016, 21:37   #97
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
What's really funny is that this whole shitfest appears to be down to some lazy clown not patching drupal cms.
Old 08-Apr-2016, 21:40   #98
Orange
I googled that and nope'd the fuck out of the first page of the hits - did the leak happen because Internet?
Old 08-Apr-2016, 22:29   #99
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Not really. Just shit people.

As ever the reg has a digestible take.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/04...dpress_drupal/

The WordPress one is bad practice. The drupal one is rank and incomprehensible negligence. The vuln they refer to last year was tech headline news for a week.
Old 08-Apr-2016, 22:35   #100
The Big Kahuna
**** off Lester
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertiaman View Post
drupa
?
Old 08-Apr-2016, 22:51   #101
Goody
my other forum is full
I think we can all agree you IT cocks can fuck off to your own threads
Old 08-Apr-2016, 23:06   #102
Lungboy
Roboplegic Wrongcock
Lungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond reputeLungboy has a reputation beyond repute
The worst bit of that is this weird group of journalists funded by the biggest American companies are only going to release cherrypicked information rather than a full file dump.
Old 08-Apr-2016, 23:30   #103
Inertiaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody View Post
I think we can all agree you IT cocks can fuck off to your own threads
They say the geek shall inherit the earth but I settled for your fucking mum.
Old 08-Apr-2016, 23:33   #104
Goody
my other forum is full
Fix the computers of the proper people like us bankers and get back in the fucking basement.
Old 08-Apr-2016, 23:42   #105
Inertiaman
If I was managing your tech it wouldn't need fixing to start with and I'd be free to spend my days nailing fuck out of your sister.
Old 08-Apr-2016, 23:43   #106
Goody
my other forum is full
Not cool dude. My sister's fat.
Old 08-Apr-2016, 23:46   #107
Inertiaman
Great when I've banged her fanny out so far I can't feel it any more I can get started on her chins.
Old 09-Apr-2016, 00:52   #108
andy
aka milk!
andy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond repute
Rich career twats like cameron and osborne are what you end up with when you pay politicians peanuts.
Old 09-Apr-2016, 11:25   #109
Orange
This is quite good on the history:

http://crookedtimber.org/2016/04/08/...de/#more-38308
Old 09-Apr-2016, 13:47   #110
Beef~
res ipsa loquitur
Beef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond repute
Peston has accurately summarised the actual tax issues:

https://www.facebook.com/pestonitv/p...365624?fref=nf
Old 09-Apr-2016, 14:32   #111
The Big Kahuna
**** off Lester
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
Don't give a fuck. It's hurting Cameron. That's all I care about.
Old 09-Apr-2016, 14:54   #112
Beef~
res ipsa loquitur
Beef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond reputeBeef~ has a reputation beyond repute
I doubt that it really is. The people who dislike him, still hate him. And those that do, largely won't really have changed their mind. It was well known before that he's privileged and that his dad did a couple of shady things with Panama.
Old 09-Apr-2016, 15:04   #113
The Big Kahuna
**** off Lester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef~ View Post
I doubt that it really is.
Yeah, it looks like he's having a great time.
Old 09-Apr-2016, 19:51   #114
Orange
Watch as the next general election is entirely unaffected by this story.
Old 09-Apr-2016, 20:01   #115
Inertiaman
Well, the general election result at least.
Old 10-Apr-2016, 08:28   #116
Harry Palmer
Gun nut
Harry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond repute
Well, his taxes look pretty clean to me...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36007718

Reminder: "Do not look into laser with remaining good eye."
 Lupins 
Old 10-Apr-2016, 08:53   #117
Ferg
Default Title Here
Ferg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond repute
Now it might get more interesting. Cameron isn't contesting the next election... I wonder if Boris and Corbyn will now publish their tax returns?
Old 10-Apr-2016, 09:23   #118
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
Now it might get more interesting. Cameron isn't contesting the next election... I wonder if Boris and Corbyn will now publish their tax returns?
Corbyn has already said he will release his in the next few days.
cunning-stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Apr-2016, 09:30   #119
andy
aka milk!
andy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond reputeandy has a reputation beyond repute
News alert: dullest man in England to release tax returns.
Old 10-Apr-2016, 10:18   #120
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
News alert: dullest man in England to release tax returns.
Yeah, could of just said it's a family matter.
cunning-stunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs