trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Technical > Software & Security

Old 07-Feb-2017, 21:58   #1
BFH
Fixer of dead hard drives
BFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond repute
Exchange 2007 message tracking log files - recovery

Dudes,

Need to open up some log files from a backup from a few months back. I've copied them to the server but the message tracking fuckup isn't seeing them - is there some crazy Harry Potter wizardry I need to do. I read that copying them to the same folder as the existing one should work but nope - it's not seeing them at all...

What am I doing wrong? - I know there are 3rd party apps I can use to review the log files and I can even use Excel but I'd rather keep it simple than start fart arsing around with it.

Ideas?
Bleats For Help,banter from hell,Bold Footy Hatred, Bloated Failed Heart,Blatantly Fabricated Hardcopy,Be Fucking Happy!,Birthday Felicitations, Hunk!,Best Felicitations Here!,Best Fucking Happies,Birthday For Him!,Big Fucking Hangover!,Beautiful facial herpes,Brachiosaurus Fulsomely Hung,Bollocked For Hastiness,bouncing fleshlight hound,Begging For Handout
Old 07-Feb-2017, 22:43   #2
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
https://products.office.com/en-gb/bu...business-plans
Old 07-Feb-2017, 22:51   #3
burundi
WARNING: May contain nuts
burundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond repute
Not done this but I thought you had to recover the log files and the database to play them back into and mount it as a recovery database to a new or existing exchange database server (that's 2010, not sure if you have a recovery database in 2007.)
Old 07-Feb-2017, 23:22   #4
BFH
BFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by burundi View Post
Not done this but I thought you had to recover the log files and the database to play them back into and mount it as a recovery database to a new or existing exchange database server (that's 2010, not sure if you have a recovery database in 2007.)
No - your thinking of the mailstore databases - i'm talking about just the tracking log files that you can interogate using the exchange tools. By default they only store the last 30 days of tracking data. I need to examine some from a few months back which I have on backup and apparantly all you need to do is to copy them into the same folder as the existing files (they all have different names) but the Exchange tools don't seem to see them.
Bleats For Help,banter from hell,Bold Footy Hatred, Bloated Failed Heart,Blatantly Fabricated Hardcopy,Be Fucking Happy!,Birthday Felicitations, Hunk!,Best Felicitations Here!,Best Fucking Happies,Birthday For Him!,Big Fucking Hangover!,Beautiful facial herpes,Brachiosaurus Fulsomely Hung,Bollocked For Hastiness,bouncing fleshlight hound,Begging For Handout
Old 07-Feb-2017, 23:23   #5
BFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertiaman View Post
whatever.

not doing that.

Go Back   trickery.net > Technical > Software & Security