trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Half-Life: Counter-Strike: Rats

Old 06-Feb-2006, 20:17   #1
Bilb
Amazeballs!
Bilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond repute
Server Pimpage

Ok ... Im a tad annoyed ... let me explain.

Due to the hard work of the other admins, the community server 212.187.209.124:27015 is starting to get a quite popular place. We have a mix of old regulars, new regulars and general Johnny Gamespy visitors.

Some of these visitors like the place and hang around.

This is great.

The admin team are planning several things for the server such as:
* More rats maps
* Some fun maps, such as Simpsons
* Some custom maps

Additionally they are looking at ways to improve the mapcycle, by using nominations and random map voting. So that you as the user of the server has much more control over which maps you would like to play next. For example Ive noticed that "Attic" really empties the server quite fast.

Why am I annoyed you may ask ... well after all the hard work and money that has been put into the server, I was somewhat dismayed to see a "old regular" member of the community pimping his clans server. Now Im not against clans having servers at all, but are 7 spam messages really necessary in the space of 3 or 4 minutes? The server did indeed half empty, although luckily within minutes the server was almost full again.

Normally Im not one for making an example out of people, but in this case ... "Dev^s" ... please put out your wrist for it to be slapped.

Can I ask that in future, that you guys use your head before spamming the server? We've worked damn hard to bring a server for you all, and to make it adminned fairly, and to iron out all the bugs, and to look at constantly improving it. Plus several members of the admin team and the regular users are paying for this server too.

/Rant Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickery Server - 212.187.209.124:27015
16:44:35 ( T) -=|Phood|=- Sparky : wanna go on our server?
16:44:43 ( T) -=|Phood|=- DEV^S : empty?
16:44:45 ( T) -=|Phood|=- Sparky : no
16:44:47 ( T) Wanted || <noMad> (TEAM): sry
16:44:48 (CT) Shadow Hunter [Need clan] : damn
16:44:50 ( T) -=|Phood|=- Sparky : 3
16:44:50 ( T) ::--DJ JAKE--:: (TEAM): shit im plind i fort shadow hunter was terroist ,lol
16:44:53 (CT) [n00b]JoeFish : funny everone in the community think devs is quite good
16:45:00 (CT) GsE|-[TWEEDLE]-[DUM] : so
16:45:00 (CT) Shadow Hunter [Need clan] : he is
16:45:20 ( T) -=|Phood|=- DEV^S : 212.187.246.134:27015 go there
16:45:21 ( T) -=|Phood|=- DEV^S : 212.187.246.134:27015 go there
16:45:22 ( T) -=|Phood|=- DEV^S : 212.187.246.134:27015 go there
16:45:26 (CT) Shadow Hunter [Need clan] : no chsnce
16:45:45 (CT) GsE|-[TWEEDLE]-[DUM] : afk
16:45:50 (CT) [n00b]JoeFish : danm j00 devs! n00b base camper!
16:45:54 (CT) [n00b]JoeFish : lol
16:45:54 ( T) -=|Phood|=- DEV^S : i was typing
16:45:55 ( T) -=|Phood|=- DEV^S : 212.187.246.134:27015 go there
16:45:56 ( T) -=|Phood|=- DEV^S : 212.187.246.134:27015 go there
16:45:57 (CT) Shadow Hunter [Need clan] : lol
16:46:01 (CT) Shadow Hunter [Need clan] : why?
16:46:04 (CT) [n00b]JoeFish : no spaming
16:46:05 ( T) -=|Phood|=- DEV^S : its phood server
16:46:07 ( T) -=|Phood|=- DEV^S : 212.187.246.134:27015 go there
16:46:17 (CT) Shadow Hunter [Need clan] : can i join phood clan?
16:46:21 ( T) -=|Phood|=- DEV^S : sparky im goin server
16:46:22 (CT) GsE|-[TWEEDLE]-[DUM] : wot sort of maps?
16:46:26 ( T) -=|Phood|=- DEV^S : rats maps
16:46:28 ( T) -=|Phood|=- DEV^S : liek this
16:46:29 ( T) -=|Phood|=- DEV^S : 212.187.246.134:27015 go there
16:46:30 (CT) GsE|-[TWEEDLE]-[DUM] : kk
16:46:33 (CT) Shadow Hunter [Need clan] : ok o,ll go
16:47:18 (CT) Shadow Hunter [Need clan] : im goin phood server
16:47:41 ( T) Miller : lol
16:47:46 ( T) Miller : i didnt know that did that
16:48:04 (CT) GsE|-[TWEEDLE]-[DUM] : as if
Old 06-Feb-2006, 20:37   #2
devs
Devtard Strikes Again
Tournaments Won: 1
devs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond repute
i will quite sincerely apologise if that was taken wrongly. This guy shadow hunter on the server was asking if he cld join phood, so i went and did say ...... etc so that he would go and i cld see what he was like and have a quick game.

As you would all know i play on trickery more than everything, and we actually ask our phood players and also my other server to go to Trickery to play.

I meant no disrespect to anyone, and just wanted to get that player over to there quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev in msn convo
30/01/2006..................13:03:26
ME I HAVE A WEEK OFF

TO

Another Phood member BeDWell

another server to have is....212.187.209.124:27015 - that is like 2nd home, we play on there alot
here is a convo i had about week ago with another member. as you can see, im not diverting people

sorry

/dev puts wrist out
Old 06-Feb-2006, 21:12   #3
WestHej
thread or dead
WestHej has much to be proud ofWestHej has much to be proud ofWestHej has much to be proud ofWestHej has much to be proud ofWestHej has much to be proud ofWestHej has much to be proud ofWestHej has much to be proud ofWestHej has much to be proud ofWestHej has much to be proud ofWestHej has much to be proud of
Hmm I like the nominations idea, althoguh it would have to be discrete imo otherwise too much spam.
Old 06-Feb-2006, 21:15   #4
cuthbert
if thread.newpost then postreply();
cuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud of
NAUGHTY NAUGHTY NAUGHTY DEV^S

O HOW I AM LOLING RIGHT NOW !
Old 06-Feb-2006, 21:23   #5
devs
Devtard Strikes Again
devs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond repute
oh how i wld love to run after you with a hammer and tool box
Old 06-Feb-2006, 21:27   #6
TRoJAn
postaholic
TRoJAn is on a distinguished road
just an absolute classic, i just cant believe you phood people sometimes hes in phood for 5 minutes and their recruiting quicker than the michael barrymore fan club.
Old 06-Feb-2006, 21:58   #7
J^MES
reads your posts
J^MES is a splendid one to beholdJ^MES is a splendid one to beholdJ^MES is a splendid one to beholdJ^MES is a splendid one to beholdJ^MES is a splendid one to beholdJ^MES is a splendid one to beholdJ^MES is a splendid one to beholdJ^MES is a splendid one to behold
And this from a person who wants to be trickery admin.

/Rolls eyes

Old 06-Feb-2006, 22:06   #8
cuthbert
cuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud ofcuthbert has much to be proud of
In the words of maccy d's

'I'M LOVIN' IT'
Old 06-Feb-2006, 23:40   #9
Bilb
Amazeballs!
Bilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond repute
Ok issue resolved.
Old 07-Feb-2006, 00:06   #10
devs
Devtard Strikes Again
Old 07-Feb-2006, 00:07   #11
devs
Devtard Strikes Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by J^MES
And this from a person who wants to be trickery admin.

/Rolls eyes

no doubt im a good candidate tbh. ive got many reasons why i shld be over other people.
Old 07-Feb-2006, 00:32   #12
stepper
post haste
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
Heh, in your world maybe.
Old 07-Feb-2006, 01:14   #13
m00se
l00se ab00t the h00se
m00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond reputem00se has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed with stepper.
Old 07-Feb-2006, 01:16   #14
Napoleon
8===D~~~
Napoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond reputeNapoleon has a reputation beyond repute
You're almost a worse candidate than me with my "WHY WON'T YOU DIE?!
?!?!?!?!?!??!?!? JGKDQEHIfeg ;giheo;giugh u"%"(" outbursts.

Last edited by Napoleon; 07-Feb-2006 at 01:34.
Old 07-Feb-2006, 01:26   #15
aird
You are tearing me apart!
aird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond repute
aird for admin
Old 07-Feb-2006, 01:37   #16
mope
founder of the +1 forum
mope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond repute
tbh your never gonna be an admin

Biggest shock in all of this is why someone would want to join Phood.. OR why you even bother recruiting people, you never play?
 mopeh 
Old 07-Feb-2006, 01:37   #17
JoeFish
pro poster
JoeFish is on a distinguished road
seconded...

i'd love to have an admin that I can pwn...
Old 07-Feb-2006, 01:38   #18
aird
aird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond reputeaird has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mope
OR why you even bother recruiting people, you never play?
i dont recruit anyone and im always playing
Old 07-Feb-2006, 02:47   #19
mope
founder of the +1 forum
mope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond reputemope has a reputation beyond repute
The point of this thread isn't about you.. what makes you think I was talking about you?
 mopeh 
Old 07-Feb-2006, 13:27   #20
cuthbert
aird for admin !
Old 07-Feb-2006, 14:40   #21
aird
Quote:
The point of this thread isn't about you.. what makes you think I was talking about you?
Quote:
tbh your never gonna be an admin
Biggest shock in all of this is why someone would want to join Phood.. OR why you even bother recruiting people, you never play?

I just thought you might have been talking about me
Old 07-Feb-2006, 14:48   #22
J^MES
reads your posts
J^MES is a splendid one to beholdJ^MES is a splendid one to beholdJ^MES is a splendid one to beholdJ^MES is a splendid one to beholdJ^MES is a splendid one to beholdJ^MES is a splendid one to beholdJ^MES is a splendid one to beholdJ^MES is a splendid one to behold
Im in the AIRD FOR ADMIN campaign
Old 07-Feb-2006, 14:50   #23
aird
yay 3 supporters

"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the sinks, we shall fight in the bathrooms and in the tv room, we shall never surrender."

Last edited by aird; 07-Feb-2006 at 14:58.
Send a message via MSN to aird  aird08 
Old 07-Feb-2006, 15:03   #24
Bilb
Amazeballs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepper
Heh, in your world maybe.
Just cos youre still an admin on the box stepper!! Or at least you're officially still an admin.
Old 07-Feb-2006, 15:52   #25
Fulmineus
karma killer
Fulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond reputeFulmineus has a reputation beyond repute
Let's make this simple.

Anybody who has to ask to be an admin, instead of being asked, has at best a 10% chance of becoming one.

Say NO! to capital t Sponsored by AQA
Old 07-Feb-2006, 15:57   #26
Bilb
Amazeballs!
Can I be admin?
Old 07-Feb-2006, 15:59   #27
devs
Devtard Strikes Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulmineus
Let's make this simple.

Anybody who has to ask to be an admin, instead of being asked, has at best a 10% chance of becoming one.
so you are alive!
Old 07-Feb-2006, 19:50   #28
Phantasmagonorrhea
guttle
Phantasmagonorrhea has a reputation beyond reputePhantasmagonorrhea has a reputation beyond reputePhantasmagonorrhea has a reputation beyond reputePhantasmagonorrhea has a reputation beyond reputePhantasmagonorrhea has a reputation beyond reputePhantasmagonorrhea has a reputation beyond reputePhantasmagonorrhea has a reputation beyond reputePhantasmagonorrhea has a reputation beyond reputePhantasmagonorrhea has a reputation beyond reputePhantasmagonorrhea has a reputation beyond reputePhantasmagonorrhea has a reputation beyond repute
This thread requires input from me.
Old 07-Feb-2006, 20:13   #29
de_duck
off topic
de_duck has much to be proud ofde_duck has much to be proud ofde_duck has much to be proud ofde_duck has much to be proud ofde_duck has much to be proud ofde_duck has much to be proud ofde_duck has much to be proud ofde_duck has much to be proud ofde_duck has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilb
Can I be admin?
Seeing as you never handed over the group admin rights we can't actually get rid of you
Oh and god no no no no, never, not a chance in hell, they cost like 300 quid.

What would St Augestine of Hippo think now?
Old 07-Feb-2006, 21:10   #30
Bilb
Amazeballs!
I did try !

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Half-Life: Counter-Strike: Rats