trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs

Old 08-Apr-2018, 13:04   #61
RAPTOR192
Hodor, Hodor, Hodor!
RAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond reputeRAPTOR192 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunning-stunt View Post
How the fuck can Boris describe anyone else as an idiot.
To be fair to him, he did say useful idiot. Maybe Boris is self aware enough to know that he is just a useless idiot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
so some tribesmen can build a silky smooth road through southern america in a land devoid of natural life yet my local council can barely manage a pot-holed to fuck track through the town, cretins
Old 08-Apr-2018, 13:12   #62
Orange
please find me real friends
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
They’re both Putin’s useful idiots.
Old 08-Apr-2018, 14:23   #63
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
It's funny what Boris has to say about Corbyn.

https://descrier.co.uk/politics/bori...rvative-party/
cunning-stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Apr-2018, 14:30   #64
stepper
post haste
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-43740626

Didn’t know where to put this as talk of Syria and Russia seems to have overflowed into the Drumpf thread.

Interesting language from Macron “cannot be allowed to act” makes it sound like he has made his mind up already.
"I'm not getting out of bed until I get fucked!" - Marcus Antonius, 31 BC
Old 12-Apr-2018, 15:59   #65
leady
click here to reset post count
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
out of the three politically weak leaders, arguably Macron needs a barny the most. That and their will be that "its our fault" thing with it being a French colony.
Old 12-Apr-2018, 16:07   #66
Orange
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
I’m not sure there’s anything in Macron’s inbox that comes close to the shit Trump has festering at the moment.
Old 12-Apr-2018, 16:14   #67
leady
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed, I mean from the perspective of it having a politically positive effect. Ironically I think I'd love Macron to be British
Old 12-Apr-2018, 16:45   #68
stepper
post haste
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by leady View Post
out of the three politically weak leaders, arguably Macron needs a barny the most. That and their will be that "its our fault" thing with it being a French colony.
Dear lord you spout some nonsense. It’s not a French colony, the French mandate post WW1 ended in 1946. The fault of the current Syrian climate is a political mess of Western involvement in the Middle East and two facist regimes taking advantage of said Western reluctance to involve themselves in another ME conflict. His interest seems to be more of genuine concern and he desire to protect innocent people from being killed by their own government, not because it’s “their fault as it’s a french colony.”

Macron needs a “barny” the least. Trump needs one to distract people from the absolute mess he’s making of the US presidency and May needs anything to distract her from the absolute shambles she’s making of Brexit and her government. Macron by contrast seems to be doing a fairly decent job.
Old 12-Apr-2018, 16:56   #69
Orange
For what little it’s worth I suspect May’s motivated by doing what she thinks is the right thing here. I think she’ll be pretty pleased with how the first 3 months of the year have gone given how bad it all looked at the end of the year. She’ll not contest the next election and I think her objective of a somewhat graceful leadership transition looks a touch more likely than it did 3 months ago.
Old 12-Apr-2018, 17:25   #70
leady
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepper View Post
Dear lord you spout some nonsense. It’s not a French colony, the French mandate post WW1 ended in 1946. The fault of the current Syrian climate is a political mess of Western involvement in the Middle East and two facist regimes taking advantage of said Western reluctance to involve themselves in another ME conflict. His interest seems to be more of genuine concern and he desire to protect innocent people from being killed by their own government, not because it’s “their fault as it’s a french colony.”
You could attempt to interpret some of the language less than 110% literally you know, though I imagine it may be difficult through the spittle of indignation you've plastered over the screen.
Old 12-Apr-2018, 19:16   #71
PsYcHoKiLLa
topic of the pops
PsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond repute
Old 13-Apr-2018, 17:02   #72
Orange
Russia claims Britain carried out the gas attack in Syria. Amazing bollocks that a number of useful idiots will respond to ambiguously.
Old 14-Apr-2018, 05:47   #73
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Oh well, America , UK and France launch strikes on Syria. Let's see what the Russian response will be?
Old 14-Apr-2018, 08:18   #74
The Big Kahuna
Younger than Ethel
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
Jumping in like this without a parliamentary vote is sheer cuntery. I'm sure it'll play well with the Mail readers/EDL/BNP though. Odds on Boris the Animal trying to draw some political capital from this?
Old 14-Apr-2018, 13:18   #75
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like Syrian air defences held up pretty well.
Old 14-Apr-2018, 14:29   #76
PsYcHoKiLLa
topic of the pops
PsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoKiLLa has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunning-stunt View Post
Oh well, America , UK and France launch strikes on Syria. Let's see what the Russian response will be?
I have a feeling they'll send a couple of submarines to linger threateningly on our maritime border, most likely up here and send a couple of planes into our airspace, just to fuck with us. Most likely France and the US will be ignored by them. The bombing of those bases isn't going to bother Putin one bit, just means Russia gets to sell replacement equipment and arms to Syria.

Russia has been using campaigns of misinformation and saying one thing while quite obviously doing another for a long time now, there's a lot of discussion about it in the excellent Hypernormalisation :

Also a great watch from Adam Curtis are :

The power of nightmares : https://archive.org/details/ThePower...res-AdamCurtis

and

Bitter Lake :

Also, isn't a bombing campaign like this without agreement or sanction from the UN security council considered a war crime?

Last edited by PsYcHoKiLLa; 14-Apr-2018 at 14:35.
Old 14-Apr-2018, 14:55   #77
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-43767156

Old 14-Apr-2018, 15:01   #78
Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHoKiLLa View Post
Also, isn't a bombing campaign like this without agreement or sanction from the UN security council considered a war crime?
No.
Old 14-Apr-2018, 21:51   #79
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...ombed-12365108

Last edited by cunning-stunt; 14-Apr-2018 at 22:09.
Old 16-Apr-2018, 12:16   #80
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
The Syrian research facility destroyed in the missile strike was already inspected and cleared by the OPCW

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/syria-a...us-2018-04-14/
Old 16-Apr-2018, 13:15   #81
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute

That picture though
Old 16-Apr-2018, 13:38   #82
The Big Kahuna
Younger than Ethel
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
And they're now throwing journalists off balconies.
Old 16-Apr-2018, 16:12   #83
stepper
post haste
Indeed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43781351

“Fall”
Old 16-Apr-2018, 16:14   #84
Orange
“Local officials said no suicide note was found but the incident was unlikely to be of a criminal nature.”

But y’know, we’re all as bad as each other etc etc
Old 16-Apr-2018, 18:53   #85
Inertiaman
Local officials are clearly not keen on being thrown out of windows either. Wimps.
Old 24-May-2018, 11:59   #86
Inertiaman
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44235402

The No Shit Sherlock report concludes that the Russians shot down MH17 and killed the 298 innocent people on it.
Old 30-May-2018, 00:04   #87
stepper
post haste
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44296672

Another critic of the current Russian regime is murdered.
Old 30-May-2018, 15:38   #88
stepper
post haste
Said murdered journalist becomes a modern day Jesus Christ

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44307611
Old 30-May-2018, 15:42   #89
Inertiaman
Does that count as real news or fake news. Is this the fake news? Was the first part fake and this real? I just can't tell any more.

¯\_(ツ)_ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿
Old 30-May-2018, 15:46   #90
Orange
Quote:
Special apologies to my wife," he said.
He’ll be sleeping in the spare room for a few weeks I should think!

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Current Affairs