trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games Extra > Racing Games

Old 25-Apr-2009, 22:08   #1
Chef_uk
account shared with 10 people
Chef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond repute
F1 2010

F1 2009 will come out on the Wii and PSP this year and 2010 on all formats next year woot

Quote:
Friday 24th April/...

A new generation of FORMULA ONE video games featuring Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso, Sebastian Vettel and all the official drivers, teams and circuits from the 2009 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ was announced today by Codemasters®, the developer and publisher of award-winning racing video games, under its exclusive worldwide agreement with Formula One Administration Limited.

The first title in the series, F1 2009™, will debut on Wii™ and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system this autumn. F1 2009 will deliver an authentic and accessible recreation of the current FORMULA ONE season, including, for the first time in a FORMULA ONE title, the stunning Singapore night race. A trailer video is now live at www.formula1-game.com, Codemasters’ new online destination for the game.

Extending the FORMULA ONE experience to further gaming formats, it was also announced that F1 2010™ is in development at Codemasters Studios and coming mid 2010 for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® and Games For Windows®. F1 2010 is being created using Codemasters’ EGO™ Engine technology, which most recently powered the BAFTA award-winning Race Driver: GRID™.

Talking about the partnership with Codemasters, Bernie Ecclestone, CEO Formula One Management Limited, commented: “Codemasters has a great heritage when it comes to racing games and their reputation is second to none. We’re working very closely together on the upcoming FORMULA ONE titles and are very impressed with what we have seen.”

Rod Cousens, CEO, Codemasters, said: “FORMULA ONE is the pinnacle of motorsport. For many, it embraces a lifestyle and its audience is far reaching and growing. We are producing a series of games that will deliver the passion, glamour and exhilaration that fans deserve and we know how to do that. F1 2009 is the start of something very special for Codemasters and will set the standard for the high definition versions that will follow in mid 2010.”

“Our studios are working extremely closely with Formula One Management Limited and the teams to produce the most authentic and thrilling experience possible. We are delighted with the level of support and access afforded to us so far, enabling us to get as close to the sport as possible. It is this level of support, understanding and working in partnership that enables to deliver superb FORMULA ONE games for whichever platform players choose to race.”

In addition to bringing FORMULA ONE to Wii for the first time, F1 2009 marks Lewis Hamilton’s debut in a videogame and will enable players to take to the wheel of his MCLAREN MP4-24 FORMULA ONE car and battle to retain his FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP crown. The new 2009 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP promises to be one of the most exciting and closely fought, thanks to new regulations on aerodynamics, slick tyres and the introduction of the KERS boost system, which is designed to aid overtaking. The rule changes, including KERS, will be reflected in F1 2009 to deliver a truly enthralling racing experience.

Both the Wii and PSP editions of F1 2009 have been exclusively designed to deliver the ultimate racing package for each individual format and its audience. Setting new standards for immersion and authenticity on Wii, F1 2009 will offer a variety of race modes, including a full FORMULA ONE season and individual arcade-style challenges. Customisable driver aids will be offered to individual players, so both novice and expert drivers will be able to keep their car on track. In the game’s multiplayer mode, driver aids will enable friends and families of different abilities to play together in wheel-to-wheel split screen co-operative and competitive multiplayer races.
Pure teaser trailer here: http://uk.wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14...d=n6tjwwi2wny6
Old 26-Apr-2009, 00:04   #2
Wilco
will post for food
Wilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond repute
rFactor + mods >> F1 20XX.
Originally Posted by Big Brother Idiot #164
I'm not saying I'm shallow or anything, but I wouldn't bother talking to an ugly person
Old 21-May-2009, 08:22   #3
Jim
please find me real friends
Jim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone found any decent footage of this yet?
Old 21-May-2009, 08:31   #4
TheBuZZard
This custom title is too l
TheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond repute
Dont think so, not due out for ages yet.
Send a message via MSN to TheBuZZard  ElBuzzard   DavidtheBuzzard 
Old 18-Mar-2010, 17:46   #5
Belgarath
off topic
Belgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond repute
A bit more info coming out now.

Short developer vid with a bit of footage:

Preview with Q&A about features:
http://www.simracingworld.com/conten...bout-features/

Quote:
There is an evolving race strategy........... car handling will be “authentic, predictable and consistent with the car behaving as the player expects”.

.....tyres will suffer from blistering and punctures (with the tyre visually delaminating), and the race track will go from green to rubbered in, to having marbles off the racing line.

Engine management & wing adjust will also feature with the driver being able to adjust fuel mix and engine rev limits as well as being able to adjust the wings.

“best weather ever seen in any racing game”. A dry racing line will also appear over time should the conditions suit.

There will be a technology / R&D race throughout the season where your car will evolve as the season progresses. Your team may evolve quicker if you achieve better results.

You cannot steer the car in the pit lane (due to FOM regulations about running over pit crews apparently!)

Pit radio will be included. Your race engineer will talk to you throughout the race and before you enter the pits.

The career mode will feature 7 seasons. I don’t think the 2009 season cars etc will be included.

Networking allows up to 13 cars.

There will be full car setup options - at least to the level of Grand Prix 4.

“Dirty air” I.e. following behind another car will affect the car’s handling.

* Anthony Davidson (Brawn / Honda test driver) drives every track and advises where bumps are too soft, too hard or missing. Anthony plays the game 8 hours a day two days a week in the Codemasters offices.
Shaky Cam Gameplay footage (arcade mode)
Old 18-Mar-2010, 22:17   #6
Nomad
i fear no midget
Nomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond repute
but will it be anymore fun or interesting than the old version we used to play on the amiga? no
Old 26-Apr-2010, 17:40   #7
Belgarath
off topic
Belgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond repute
Another Dev diary with plenty of footage this time. They discuss handling physics and say they're going more down the simulation rather than arcade route.

Old 26-Apr-2010, 19:15   #8
Chef_uk
Chef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond repute
That first video looks shite in arcade mode. I just hope my wheel works on the PS3 for it.
Old 26-Apr-2010, 21:12   #9
Jim
please find me real friends
Jim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond reputeJim has a reputation beyond repute
do want
Old 27-Apr-2010, 18:06   #10
Belgarath
off topic
Bit of a Q&A that goes with the Dev Diary. http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1085787p1.html
Old 02-Sep-2010, 22:30   #11
wooly-back-jack
Tactical Hider
wooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond repute
http://store.steampowered.com/app/44310/
Send a message via MSN to wooly-back-jack
Old 02-Sep-2010, 23:27   #12
Belgarath
off topic
Nice. Quite competative for a new game on Steam.

Quite a few new in-game vids around from the recent Gamescom event.

This one shows assists, replays and getting a penalty for causing a crash
Old 02-Sep-2010, 23:32   #13
dehp
got topic a topic or two
dehp has a reputation beyond reputedehp has a reputation beyond reputedehp has a reputation beyond reputedehp has a reputation beyond reputedehp has a reputation beyond reputedehp has a reputation beyond reputedehp has a reputation beyond reputedehp has a reputation beyond reputedehp has a reputation beyond reputedehp has a reputation beyond reputedehp has a reputation beyond repute
i can NOT wait for this! got my preorder in for xbox!
Old 03-Sep-2010, 00:07   #14
BBW
Contains flashing images.
Tournaments Won: 1
BBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond repute
That clip there epitomises F1 games for me; go really fast, cut the corner and smash into the other cars. :/
Old 10-Sep-2010, 11:04   #15
TheBuZZard
This custom title is too l
TheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond reputeTheBuZZard has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Lh379HVYk

It has better graphics than real life
Send a message via MSN to TheBuZZard  ElBuzzard   DavidtheBuzzard 
Old 10-Sep-2010, 14:24   #16
Chef_uk
Now i'm interested Looks real nice.

Checked the wheel support and as i thought mine isn't on the PS3 but it is on the PC so if i get it, it will be for the PC although i'll be trying before i buy. Also need to know what penalties there are for wreckers. Shopto have it for £19.99 for anyone who wants it cheaper than steam although the inconvenience of having it shipped later than released date usually occurs with them.
Old 13-Sep-2010, 12:06   #17
nameinuse
Resident Lurker
nameinuse is a name known to allnameinuse is a name known to allnameinuse is a name known to allnameinuse is a name known to allnameinuse is a name known to allnameinuse is a name known to all
Yup, really looking forward to this, got it on preorder too. Time to dust off the wheel!
Old 13-Sep-2010, 12:53   #18
Wilco
will post for food
Wilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond reputeWilco has a reputation beyond repute
rFactor is where the real guys race
Originally Posted by Big Brother Idiot #164
I'm not saying I'm shallow or anything, but I wouldn't bother talking to an ugly person
Old 14-Sep-2010, 00:30   #19
Chef_uk
Quote:
WHAT ISN'T IN F1 2010 , MAYBE IN F1 2011

-Safety car
-Mechanical failures (only ai has it)
- telemetry
- Marshalls
- Laser scanned circuits
- Formation and end lap
- Podiums
-Helmet designer
-Drivers changes during seasons
- full replay system (can't switch to other cars in replay)
- 12 online players max! (due to licence issues)

WHAT WE CAN DO IN F1 2010

-Talk with media
-Fight with teammate for the supremacy in the team
- Have a 7 years long career , or 5 years or 3 years.
- Start with the lower teams and develop the car to the success!
-See the pit crew at work around our car in the pitstop
- Change wings parameters in the race , with driver's hand animation!
-complete management of the tyres , we can go with slick in the thunder if we want
- Race in the sunshine of abu dhabi or in the dark night of singapore!
- smash our car into the Physic tirewall (the will deform and destroy with the impacts)
- Experience a full weekend experience with 3 free practice , qualify and race
- Do a complete season with our favourite driver (alonso , hamilton ecc ecc)
- Race in the new incredible korean Circuit!
- Manage the engine during the season!
- Feel the fear when the skies becoming overcast and the rain become to fall down.
This is possible with an incredible Dynaimc weather system.
- HAVE FUN
I just have a feeling they have spent ages on some aspects and have done nothing with others with which the game will feel half finished. I hope i'm wrong though.
Old 14-Sep-2010, 12:52   #20
GroovYF
Octave Doctor
GroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond repute
This looks quite a good deal: http://www.shopto.net/PS3/VIDEO%20GA...%20Bundle.html

Wheel + game for £50
Old 14-Sep-2010, 14:37   #21
dehp
got topic a topic or two
dehp has a reputation beyond reputedehp has a reputation beyond reputedehp has a reputation beyond reputedehp has a reputation beyond reputedehp has a reputation beyond reputedehp has a reputation beyond reputedehp has a reputation beyond reputedehp has a reputation beyond reputedehp has a reputation beyond reputedehp has a reputation beyond reputedehp has a reputation beyond repute
PS3
Old 17-Sep-2010, 19:16   #22
Belgarath
off topic
Onboard footage from the Korean F1 track side-by-side with onboard footage from the game on the same track. The game looks much more impressive!

Old 17-Sep-2010, 20:15   #23
Rainy
Monkeh Feel0r
Tournaments Won: 1
Rainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond repute
3 page Eurogamer review here http://tinyurl.com/2ww224k

And for those who just want the score it got a 8/10

Really thinking of getting this for the PC now, shopto have it for 19.99
 TBM Rainy 
Old 17-Sep-2010, 21:26   #24
Useless
forum hax
Useless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond repute
I've ordered it at shopto because it was so cheap
Even if it's crap, which I doubt, it won't be too much cash wasted.
Old 17-Sep-2010, 23:08   #25
Chef_uk
I'm gonna wait until after release. The videos look cool but I've played the F1 mods for other games and the open wheelers of Toca days gone by and they just aren't as good as the tintop races. If the wreckers are punished sufficiently then great, but no codemasters game has yet to master that aspect. Their patching process is woeful too. Also only 12 players online which will suck in F1.
Old 21-Sep-2010, 15:14   #26
Useless
forum hax
Useless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond reputeUseless has a reputation beyond repute
Just been posted
Old 21-Sep-2010, 15:26   #27
dehp
got topic a topic or two
Crap...

I thought instead of pre-ordering I'll just go to the shop on my dinner and get it on release day... if you get it tommorow Useless I won't be pleased!!
Old 21-Sep-2010, 15:55   #28
Useless
forum hax
I'll let you know
Old 21-Sep-2010, 22:41   #29
Belgarath
off topic
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...nly-pc-f1-2010

F1 2010 is digital download only on PC unless you pre-order. So presumably Shop.to et al will not stock it after Thursday. Bizarre.
Old 21-Sep-2010, 22:43   #30
Belgarath
off topic
Launch trailer:

Go Back   trickery.net > Games Extra > Racing Games