trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > General > News

Old 12-Jan-2018, 09:27   #1
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Dark Souls is officially getting a remaster

Cult classic Dark Souls is getting a fully remastered release, despite developers From Software saying they wanted to move on from the franchise. No word on what new features will be included, or if the combat system is going to be revamped to use the vastly superior combat system from Dark Souls 3. Fair to say that the new version will have improved graphics though and it will include the excellent "Artorias of the Abyss" DLC.

For those of you who have never delved into the series, there is no better time to Praise The Sun! The game is due for release on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Switch on 25th May, (Side note: Microsoft and Nintendo are OK with crossplay at the moment, so theres a lot of speculation about crossplay between PC, Xbox and Switch. PS4 owners are out of luck however, as Sony is completely against it.)

Last edited by Minty; 21-Jan-2018 at 11:34.
Old 12-Jan-2018, 09:31   #2
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Best game ever by the way. No seriously, Dark Souls is my favourite game of all time. My favourite game of all time was the 1994 version of XCOM (UFO: Enemy Unknown) from 1994 until I played Dark Souls in 2012. The opening cinematic makes it sound like its written by a 12 year old but it truly is a world where the story tells itself. Rather than the story being told through books found in the environment, or lengthy exposition, the story is told by the world around you with occasional cryptic interludes from friendly and unfriendly NPCs.
Old 12-Jan-2018, 09:52   #3
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
Best game ever by the way. No seriously, Dark Souls is my favourite game of all time. My favourite game of all time was the 1994 version of XCOM (UFO: Enemy Unknown) from 1994 until I played Dark Souls in 2012. The opening cinematic makes it sound like its written by a 12 year old but it truly is a world where the story tells itself. Rather than the story being told through books found in the environment, or lengthy exposition, the story is told by the world around you with occasional cryptic interludes from friendly and unfriendly NPCs.
Was reading about this yesterday after the mini Nintendo Direct. Nintendo really seem to have made a winner with the Switch, they are getting a lot more third party support now than I can remember for any of their other recent consoles. There's also rumours of a GTA V port!
cunning-stunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   trickery.net > General > News